Party Outfits (themes discussion)

Harriettaa

• Replies 473
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Moderators

Are you saying i can't change the topic I started?!

i did clearly say we're moving our oppinion discussion here as everywhere else is getting closed.

All people did earlier was voice their oppinion which is basically: we dont like the themes they are unoriginal and all the same.

We were told to voice our oppinion and once we had started to our posts were deleted and the topic closed.

I personally can't see what we are doing wrong? Voicing our oppinion is a basic human right. Why is that option being taken away from us just because someone disagrees with the oppinions we hold?

Because, as you and everyone else knows, the original party themes topic was closed.

It was closed by Jason, from Showmasters i.e. the people that run this board. If that's what he wants, then obviously the moderating team are here to enforce his decisions, so please don't give me any attitude over it.

Whatever you believe you're entitled to, Jason does have final say on here I'm afraid, and everyone needs to respect that.

Now please, if you want to discuss party outfits then go ahead, but it's clear that this will get locked if you continue on the same path that has already been discouraged by those in charge.

I'm asking nicely, so I hope you all can be reasonable in return.

Oh, and being reasonable would include not giving Jason attitude for spelling Torchwood wrong when he's dyslexic. THAT would be why he did it wrong, not because he's "not a big fan" etc. He's obviously trying to give people speedy replies instead of spending ages spellchecking it all.

Edited by DavidB

i did clearly say we're moving our oppinion discussion here as everywhere else is getting closed.

All people did earlier was voice their oppinion which is basically: we dont like the themes they are unoriginal and all the same.

We were told to voice our oppinion and once we had started to our posts were deleted and the topic closed.

I personally can't see what we are doing wrong? Voicing our oppinion is a basic human right. Why is that option being taken away from us just because someone disagrees with the oppinions we hold?

Because, as you and everyone else knows, the original party themes topic was closed.

It was closed by Jason, from Showmasters i.e. the people that run this board. If that's what he wants, then obviously the moderating team are here to enforce his decisions, so please don't give me any attitude over it.

Whatever you believe you're entitled to, Jason does have final say on here I'm afraid, and everyone needs to respect that.

Now please, if you want to discuss party outfits then go ahead, but it's clear that this will get locked if you continue on the same path that has already been discouraged by those in charge.

It's not the themes now that are offending me, it's the fact we're not allowed to have our opinion. I'm not having a go at you, your just doing your job, but I do find we're being treated a bit unfairly with our posts being deleted. I've been online whilst it's happening and seen the posts and no one has been horrible about it, just asking if it could be changed because the majority so far does not like the ideas.

It's honestly making me not want to come anymore. If I hadn't already bought a ticket, I probably wouldn't do now.

I'm very happy with the themes. I had a costume I wanted to wear no matter what and Saturday gives me the perfect opportunity. Also got some epic ideas for Friday and Sunday.

Personally, I don't think the themes should change. I mean, imagine it was guests we were talking about - say they announced Jim Smith (who I have invented to make this point) and everyone said "aww... could we not have someone else?" - you wouldn't expect SM to change the guest!

Oh, and Rob (BeatrixKiddo) says: *shakes fist*

Edited by TurkFox

Oh, and being reasonable would include not giving Jason attitude for spelling Torchwood wrong when he's dyslexic. THAT would be why he did it wrong, not because he's "not a big fan" etc. He's obviously trying to give people speedy replies instead of spending ages spellchecking it all.

I appologise for the Touchwood jibe, i was unaware of the dyslexia, as i personally suffer from it i am deeply sorry.

We've discussed the rest in private.

---

Guys lets get back on topic, he has good reasons for what he's said.

I'm not saying I want the themes changed, because they're the ones we've got. However, if they did change, I would wholeheartedly support it lol. I was just saying that personally, I think better, more individual and torchwood realted ones could have been chosen as these seem rather generic. Apart from the Anything Goes party, the other two don't give much scope for dressing up other than in pretty normal or chavvy clothes, and are very restricted in my opinion.

And guests are guests - we know they'll all be Torchwood related, and we're not asked what guests we would like, we just get them. The thing I'm annoyed about is they asked us what themes we would like, then it seems that they have completely ignored all of our suggestions. If they hadn't asked, but had just announced these, I wouldn't mind so much, even though I dislike these themes. But the suggestions thread got me excited for the amazing possibilities there were, and this feels like a let down and a cop out, especailly after hearing how awesome the themes were for the first two Hubs.

This is the last I'm going to say of this on here.

SO back on topic. What are everyones ideas for the Saturday so far? Anyone got ideas of what to do for the hen party?

Edited by lizzy88

I think saying that about the guests is wrong, but the themes are a different matter.

Besides I like the Sat theme. But I don't think the other 2 are Torchwoody enough to say they are Torchwood themes.

I'm thinking PJs.

Star Trek or some cosplay that isn't Torchwood just because I can xP

And a dress I bought yesterday

As Turkfox said, I was shaking my fist in an angry old man way when I read all the complaints lol

We came home, saw the themes first, and said 'oooooh wicked!' and immediatley started thinking about what we could do (lots of cool ideas being banded around)

But then we saw all the people complaining and moaning, and it made me a little angry as I consider these themes to be awesome and very open, meaning lots of choice and we wont have many costumes the same.

Especially the hen/stag night, as most of those nights have a theme within themselves (A schoolgirls hen night, a uniforms stag night) so gives us lots of awesome choices.

So come on people, any really cool (or outrageous lol) ideas yet? :blink:

As Turkfox said, I was shaking my fist in an angry old man way when I read all the complaints lol

We came home, saw the themes first, and said 'oooooh wicked!' and immediatley started thinking about what we could do (lots of cool ideas being banded around)

But then we saw all the people complaining and moaning, and it made me a little angry as I consider these themes to be awesome and very open, meaning lots of choice and we wont have many costumes the same.

Especially the hen/stag night, as most of those nights have a theme within themselves (A schoolgirls hen night, a uniforms stag night) so gives us lots of awesome choices.

So come on people, any really cool (or outrageous lol) ideas yet? :blink:

You're just bringing it back to that now and you weren't there earlier when the main comments were being said. Yet most of those got deleted so you have no idea what was said so can we drop it and not have people who weren't even there getting involved.

And I've already said my costume ideas so I have no idea what to say now. Think I will go in some random cosplay though. Depends what the rest of the CCP people want ect ect

Edited by Never

Thing is, you have a group of friends going so you can band around ideas and come up with something like that. Whereas I'm going on my own, so my obvious thought is...crap, what on earth am I going to do? I don't have a group to do a group theme with, and who has a hen night of one person?

And people only really started complaining and moaning after all of our original, polite comments were deleted, and it showed we couldn't voice our opinions even if they were slightly negative as they were all removed - even the positive ones.

Now I have no idea what to do for any of the parties, I'm going to need a while to think.

Edited by lizzy88

Now I have no idea what to do for any of the parties.

What kind of things do you like because I'm sure me and my mummy and daddy could decide our costumes around what others like.

Wouldn't like you to feel you couldn't do it because you didn't have a group.

They're not my real parents btw. Both female and in their 20s.

What kind of things do you like because I'm sure me and my mummy and daddy could decide our costumes around what others like.

Awh thanks :blink: What were you thinking already? I'm crap with coming up with ideas unless I have time to think lol. And lol!

I'll dress as Myfanwy on Saturday night.

hahaha you totally have to now, that's such an amazing idea! :WINCE:

Awh thanks :blink: What were you thinking already? I'm crap with coming up with ideas unless I have time to think lol. And lol!

I need to talk to them first as they are currently on their honeymoon or something (Read: Butlins) but when we get back it will most probably be PJs on the Friday. Some other costume from a different show on the Saturday and then a sort of formal on the Sunday although not sure what yet.

We also do costumes during the day but you don't need to join in those

Thing is, you have a group of friends going so you can band around ideas and come up with something like that. Whereas I'm going on my own, so my obvious thought is...crap, what on earth am I going to do? I don't have a group to do a group theme with, and who has a hen night of one person?

And people only really started complaining and moaning after all of our original, polite comments were deleted, and it showed we couldn't voice our opinions even if they were slightly negative as they were all removed - even the positive ones.

Now I have no idea what to do for any of the parties, I'm going to need a while to think.

Yanno, that IS why i started this topic, for people who arent going with groups of friends to come up with something together so they dont feel alone.

add me on msn if you like we can discuss outfits more harriettaa@who.net

cool, thanks - will do next time I'm on :smile:

I need to talk to them first as they are currently on their honeymoon or something (Read: Butlins) but when we get back it will most probably be PJs on the Friday. Some other costume from a different show on the Saturday and then a sort of formal on the Sunday although not sure what yet.

We also do costumes during the day but you don't need to join in those

haha cool, okay. Thanks :smile: