Autograph Prices!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would Amber Benson be classed as an A Lister in this line up? Just asking as I don't know her from anything other than Buffy, Head was a bigger star in the show and has done other things to stay in the public eye - even if that counts being chased by David Walliams.

The pre-order prices are including a 5 pounds charge, that's the original post from the pinned forum topic about pre-orders.

The price of the Autograph will be the same as what it would cost at the event , plus a £5 extra charge for this serves plus £2 p&p in the UK

if you need it to be dedicated this is also posable and will costs another £5 extra

Regarding Amber, I think she's a great example how subjective the definition of "A lister" is. If you ask a Buffy fan, this fan will tell you she's an A lister. If you're not into Buffy that much you may not even know her name.

Regarding Amber, I think she's a great example how subjective the definition of "A lister" is. If you ask a Buffy fan, this fan will tell you she's an A lister. If you're not into Buffy that much you may not even know her name.

That's pretty much what I said :)

Thats why I asked really, if you're a fan of a show (or a scary superfan) you'd surely say yes...

...but to me I'd see those who are known for multiple projects, or perhaps more recently fresh in our memories, as top of the signing bill. Not a knock on her at all, she had the biggest chebs in the cast, just random thought of the day.

I've just seen the prices of the autographs for pre-order and in some cases they are very high. What are the prices of autographs on the day? We mere mortals only have so much money to go around.

If you think they are expensive try some of the astronauts at Autographica... General Tom Stafford will be £170... There'll still be plenty queuing up to pay that however... including me!

Thats why I asked really, if you're a fan of a show (or a scary superfan) you'd surely say yes...

...but to me I'd see those who are known for multiple projects, or perhaps more recently fresh in our memories, as top of the signing bill. Not a knock on her at all, she had the biggest chebs in the cast, just random thought of the day.

She should be fresh in your memory you just watched season 6 :WAVE:

I've just seen the prices of the autographs for pre-order and in some cases they are very high. What are the prices of autographs on the day? We mere mortals only have so much money to go around.

If you think they are expensive try some of the astronauts at Autographica... General Tom Stafford will be £170... There'll still be plenty queuing up to pay that however... including me!

I was reading that the other day, autographica doesn't seem to my kinda thing but I was having a wee nose, and was like OMFG :lol: I could never bare to do that!! :D

Youalso have to think about how much a guest cost SM to get to the con. Each guest charges a certain amount to attened and event, which can include flights and hotel and food and other stuff.

SM and the guest then charge us enough per auto to cover the expenses.

So its likely that at most events, the US-based guests are going to be a bit more than others.

Youalso have to think about how much a guest cost SM to get to the con. Each guest charges a certain amount to attened and event, which can include flights and hotel and food and other stuff.

SM and the guest then charge us enough per auto to cover the expenses.

So its likely that at most events, the US-based guests are going to be a bit more than others.

I appreciate the need for covering expenses but from the man on the ground, £20 seems a bit of an imposition when times are tough. Will still be able to afford the autographs I wanted, just, but the professional pic I wanted to get is now in question :thumbup:

As for Amber's A-list status, I would say she is. Not only Buffy but she was very well received in her ep on Supernatural. She has been known to be great at conventions and always gets a good queue from word of mouth as she has earned a rep for being extremely friendly and approachable.

Hi,

"If you think they are expensive try some of the astronauts at Autographica... General Tom Stafford will be £170... There'll still be plenty queuing up to pay that however... including me!"

I would pay as well. Don't forget though that this will be the last opportunity to get his autograph, so personally it's worth a premium considering that the charity will benefit too. :)

Red Dwarf is normally £10 pounds so exceptionally cheap for me.

Ann

xx

One consolation being, at least the prices are still the same and haven't haven't actually increased.

Last time I met Amber the price was £15, so its an increase if the price is now £20. May not sound like much but I had intended on 2 autographs and a photo. Photo is now in jeopardy.

One consolation being, at least the prices are still the same and haven't haven't actually increased.

Last time I met Amber the price was £15, so its an increase if the price is now £20. May not sound like much but I had intended on 2 autographs and a photo. Photo is now in jeopardy.

Ah right. I guess we won't really know until the day I think. I'll be pretty limited to what I can buy myself. Money is scarce at this time of year especially for me what with having to buy back to school stuff.

Maybe it cost SM more to get her this year, maybe Amber (or her agent) is charging a bit more because of the current climate that is effecting all of us (except me it seems)

But meeting Amber is worth every penny, lovely lady.

No I agree that she's lovely and I'll no doubt buy the 2 autographs I want (one is for me, one for my daughter as part of her Xmas) just its an unexpected extra expense I hadn't counted on.

She is an amazing woman though and I'm looking forward to meeting her once more (3rd time for me).

She is an amazing woman though and I'm looking forward to meeting her once more (3rd time for me).

I'm looking forward to meeting her myself, I never have and have only heard good things about her :D

I've said this on a few boards but I'll repeat it here because it is undoubtedly true IMO.

Amber has this amazing gift, part of her natural personality rather than some fake, where she truly makes you feel that she has travelled all that way just to meet you. It truly is an amazing talent.

Maybe it cost SM more to get her this year, maybe Amber (or her agent) is charging a bit more

May not even be that. She no doubt quotes a fee in dollars, and the underlying pricing of international air travel is also in dollars. Given the exchange rate, I bet SM got a lot more dollars for their pound last time they booked her...