latest Guest Irvin Kershner

showmasters

• 2 weeks later...

Kirshner has never directed anything near as good as ESB and so I always thought of screen-writer, Lawrence Kasdan (Raiders of the Lost Ark) as the main reason why ESB was so good.

Have to agrees with swsig - Marquand was a puppet, but Kershner's influence was all up there on the screen. I'm not as convinced about Kurtz, but without a doubt credit for that film goes to three places - Kershner, Kasdan, and the uncredited script doctoring from various sources.

Kirshner has never directed anything near as good as ESB and so I always thought of screen-writer, Lawrence Kasdan (Raiders of the Lost Ark) as the main reason why ESB was so good.

Have to agrees with swsig - Marquand was a puppet, but Kershner's influence was all up there on the screen. I'm not as convinced about Kurtz, but without a doubt credit for that film goes to three places - Kershner, Kasdan, and the uncredited script doctoring from various sources.

I think many of us would love to see Kershner and Kurtz both at the show. But since it was mentioned...

KASDAN would be a tremendous addition!! Bring him in to speak about ESB, ROTJ and Raiders. I think many of us would love to hear from this big 3 about Empire, and with all the Raiders guests you've had a chat with him about that would be great. He and Davies could tell some stories I bet.

I think many of us would love to see Kershner and Kurtz both at the show. But since it was mentioned...

KASDAN would be a tremendous addition!! Bring him in to speak about ESB, ROTJ and Raiders. I think many of us would love to hear from this big 3 about Empire, and with all the Raiders guests you've had a chat with him about that would be great. He and Davies could tell some stories I bet.

If Kasdan was there, I'd be absolutely ecstatic - can't see it happening though :wub:

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

But also consider that Derek Maki says this on his website:

"Derek is very pleased with the current status of his career. By taking the "bull by the horns" he earned a role in Leprechaun 6: Back to tha Hood"

How could you really believe anything that someone like that says?!

• Showmasters Admin

Im not having a go at showmasters really but they won't reply, people always cancel and nothing is said until it seems half the board already know. Unfortunatly kersh has cancelled, he's not fit for such a long trip.

i love this bit " Im not having a go at showmasters really but " funny

we do not just jump as soon as someone says they herd something we hold off till we know the facts or we would be taking guests up and down all the time and that would just be sill , so maybe we are doing the right thing before we just put it up on here .

now i have been informed that sadly Irvin will no longer be able to attend this event we hope to work out a way for him to attend another event very soon

we wish him well and look forward to seeing him soon

jason

Im not having a go at showmasters really but they won't reply, people always cancel and nothing is said until it seems half the board already know. Unfortunatly kersh has cancelled, he's not fit for such a long trip.

i love this bit " Im not having a go at showmasters really but " funny

we do not just jump as soon as someone says they herd something we hold off till we know the facts or we would be taking guests up and down all the time and that would just be sill , so maybe we are doing the right thing before we just put it up on here .

now i have been informed that sadly Irvin will no longer be able to attend this event we hope to work out a way for him to attend another event very soon

we wish him well and look forward to seeing him soon

think what you want mate but I wasn't having a go, just stating a point that everyone is aware of. anyway the important thing is that we hope Kersh well and hopefully he'll be over in the future.

jason

I think mine is the only one that could be construed as anywhere near 'insulting' but I would be surprised if anyone who has worked in the entertainment industry for as long as he apparently has would be so easily offended by a one off remark on an internet forum!

I'm sure when someone takes the p and calls him a liar on an open forum he just laughs it off.