registered post?

I asked this here - http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....1407&st=20# - but it was never answered. :yoda:

I am certainly not happy with paying £2 for something that was covered with a first class stamp either. :P

Someone has to be/should be paid for their time addressing the envelopes, purchasing the envelopes, traipsing to the post office, standing in the post office queue for an hour, the price of the stamp, etc. I should think 2 quid barely covers the amount of work involved.

Normally most things you purchase from the internet (especially Ebay) etc, have postage fees with have to be proportionately higher than just the cost of a stamp. Its normally business practice. I dont begrudge paying £2 when you look at the amount of work involved in sending out 1000s and 1000s of tickets.

Its either pay a flat postage fee of £2 - or I can imagine the price of the each individual photoshoot would have to increase to cover the postage and admin. I know which I prefer.

£2 - not even the price of a pint.

Edited by keithporter23

I asked this here - http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....1407&st=20# - but it was never answered. :yoda:

I am certainly not happy with paying £2 for something that was covered with a first class stamp either. :P

Someone has to be/should be paid for their time addressing the envelopes, purchasing the envelopes, traipsing to the post office, standing in the post office queue for an hour, the price of the stamp, etc. I should think 2 quid barely covers the amount of work involved.

Normally most things you purchase from the internet (especially Ebay) etc, have postage fees with have to be proportionately higher than just the cost of a stamp. Its normally business practice. I dont begrudge paying £2 when you look at the amount of work involved in sending out 1000s and 1000s of tickets.

Its either pay a flat postage fee of £2 - or I can imagine the price of the each individual photoshoot would have to increase to cover the postage and admin. I know which I prefer.

i paid 2quid for reg post not 1st class stamp overheads nt my prob

£2 - not even the price of a pint.

To be honest, even if it was sent registered post (which mine was), that only costs about another 75p (ish) on top of the normal price.

And let's face it, if you buy things off, say, ebay, half the time the postage charged rarely equates to the actual stamps on the package.

As keithporter23 said, you're basically paying an admin fee - maybe it would be better to simply describe it as that in the online shop.

Yeah, it was surmised that posting tickets non-recorded in these final few days before the event would speed up their delivery, as the envelopes would land on doormats rather than end up being taken back to the sorting office if people were out. I don't know whether anyone from Showmasters has confirmed this.

As fray101 says, the difference in price between standard first-class and first-class recorded is 75p. The postage on a recorded letter is £1.14. Non-recorded is 39p. Almost half the £2 charge was always 'parts and labour', as it were.

I understand the point that some people have made about these 'overcharges' adding up across hundreds of orders, and that the product paid for was specifically stated as 'recorded delivery'. I take the point, too, that the last-minute mailing wasn't the fault of the customer. I think that these are all valid points. Personally, though, as someone who received their tickets in time, I'm happy to cut the guys some slack and write off my 75p, which would probably cost just as much, per person, to refund. Postal charges to the customer are rarely exact, so all I'd really be chasing it down for is a descriptive quibble (ie, the product being called 'recorded delivery').

It's perhaps worth noting that recorded letters aren't treated especially carefully as they travel through the postal system. They aren't tracked en route (unlike the massively more expensive Special Delivery); they're treated exactly like a standard first-class letter. The 75p mainly covers the effort of a postman getting a signature on arrival, and the service is mainly for the sender's benefit, so that they can get proof of delivery and the recipient can't claim to have not received something when they have. (And sometimes postmen don't even bother getting the sig - I've found recorded letters on my doormat on more than a few occasions. They've even arrived like this when I've been at home.)

Of course, if my tickets had got lost, I'd probably be singing a different tune now, so I understand if people who've had problems aren't quite so happy. But, well, these are a few thoughts, which I thought I'd share. Make of 'em what you will. :gorgeous:

I'm sure it was mentioned that a stamp was used because it would arrive much faster in the end then recorded with the last minute posting. :thumbup:

That way they only have your word though if you say your ticket never arrives. You can prove (from the email) you've paid, they can't proof you've recieved. No identification on the tickets, for obvious reasons.