Favourite everything.

Well, I thought I'd start a thread for everyone to share their fav stuff and tell everyone why.

Fav matches with or without youtube links, favourite talent and shows.

I'll start off with a couple

Favourite Wrestler:

Alex Shelley, the best techincal wrestler the word has ever seen with all round skill and grace, full of ability in lucha, european, strong style and promo skills. The guy has everything and his matches are always exciting even when hes putting over much less talented guys.

Favourite Promotion.

Ring of Honor, simply the best, for the best realism, talent, matches of every shape and size, promos, shocks and stories. I cant say enough good things about it. I will admit this is closely followed recently by New Japan, I love the characters and abilities there I simply cant keep up with fueds as I dont get to see it month by month.

So...everyone else ?

Show - Smacketh Down

Wrestler - can't pick between them but Morrison, Punk,Kofi, Bourne and Helms

Match - TLC 2 or HBK v Taker (prob would be that but Taker won)

Heel - Y2J

Gimmick - Slow Mo Morrison

Tag Team - Edge and Christian

Most hated - Cena

Show - Dunno, i always catch Raw and sometimes struggle to see SD but SD has a better show right now really

Wrestler Ever - Bret Hart

Wrestler Current - Austin Aries

Match - Bret Hart vs Mr Perfect at SummerSlam 91

Heel - Y2J or Orton

Gimmick - Mr Perfect

Tag Team Ever - Hart Foundation

Tag Team Current - Priceless

Most hated Current - Miz (great in the ring but his face annoys me...)

Most hated Ever - HHH (i dont mind him sometimes but his constant being in the main event is really boring to me as ive had it for yeeeeeeeeeeeears)

Favourites

Diva - Mickie James

Tag Team - Demolition

WWE Moment - The first show me and my sister went to at the Nottingham Arena was Raw. I got tickets for one reason, to see Trish Stratus wrestle live...she retired one month before the tour.

Tommy Dreamer had just pinned Rene Dupree and i turned to the guy behind me and said, "Do you want to start a chant?" We threw our heads back and started shouting, "Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Na Hey Hey Goodbye", over and over again. Eventually a few people opposite joined in and by the time Rene Dupree got level with us on the entrance aisle he had his hands over his ears and almost the entire arena was chanting it. It was an amazing moment made even better knowing that i had orchestrated it.

Fave wrestler of all time - Stone Cold.........noone has done more for the business than this man

Fave wrestler current - Jericho

Fave match of all time - Austin vs Michaels at WM

Fave Tag team - Hart Foundation

Most Hated wrestler ever - John Hogan

Most Hated wrestler current - John Hogan

Worst match ever - Any of John Hogans

Greatest moment in recent history - Dreamer winning the gold

To be fair and this isnt a knock on Austin coz i love the man but Hogan did about the same for the business, if it wasnt for him Austin may not have had a business to revolutionise. fair to say?

also, i dont believe you when you say any of Cena's matches, he has had some amazing ones, hhh at mania, hbk at mania, hbk at raw in london, last man standing against umaga, there has been a few against edge. surely you didnt hate those more than Orton/HHH at mania for example?

My favourite all time wrestler would have to be the Undertaker. He's so memorable and has outlasted so many!

I have two favourite current wrestlers - Spanky and a British guy called Zack Sabre Jr. Spanky is because he is quitepossibly the best looking fella ever and Zack because he is one of the few people on the circuit who can make an old cynic like me still believe!

My favourite shows are pretty much anything I can get to see live. I'm a HUGE fan of British Wrestling. I rarely watch any WWE or TNA, although I do to go the live TNA shows if I am asked to work on them. I think the last WWE show I watched was 'Mania! I much prefer my wrestling live :P

Hmmmm favourite all time match...that's hard...I've seen SOOOOOO much good stuff although the one that stands out is Zack Sabre Jr vs Bryan Danielson. It was in a tiny little venue with about 50 people there but those two pulled out all the stops and gave us a wrestling master class!

I think I've waffled on quite enough...althoguh I may think of more!

Most Hated wrestler ever - John Hogan

Most Hated wrestler current - John Hogan

Worst match ever - Any of John Hogans

I know you dislike Cena, but do you realise the nickname you have for him of John Hogan is the name of the Bristol guy who jumped off the balcony in Greece two years ago with his two kids and one of them died?

• 3 weeks later...

Fave wrestler of all time - Jake Roberts. Absolutely fantastic performer, just a shame he was a wreck when I met him. But even as a wreck he's still 'on'.

o

Fave wrestler current - In WWE I'd probably say Jericho. He's always been great no matter what. Outside of that it's a toss up between British wrestlers Majik and Falcon. Both are wonderful to watch.

Fave match of all time - Wolfgang defending the NWA Scottish Championship against Martin Stone at the Gathering last year. Quite recent and off the radar, but I've never seen a crowd as passionate during any other match I've seen live. I've never been as proud to be a part of a show as I have that night.

Fave Tag team - The Dudleys. ot a popular choice, and far from the best, but they've always entertained me. Especially n their ECW days.

Greatest moment in recent history - Eddie G winning the gold. Amazing.

• 4 weeks later...

Fave wrestler of all time - Shawn Michaels. Even though he was a little bitch outside the ring and even though I have a Bret Hart tattoo, HBK is the greatest of all time.

Top 10:

1. Shawn Michaels

2. Curt Hennig

3. Bret Hart

4. Ric Flair

5. Ted DiBiase

6. Jake Roberts

7. Rick Martel

8. Rick Rude

9. Randy Savage

10. Tully Blanchard/Ricky Steamboat (TIE)

Fave current wrestler - In WWE it's gotta be...HBK, of course. Other than him, I'd say guys like Jericho and Morrison and Orton and Edge are up there.

Fave match of all time - Shawn Michaels vs the Undertaker, Hell In A Cell. Can you say "epic?"

Gotta quote Cage though and add that I have never, EVER seen a crowd quite like the one in the Kelvin Hall that night:

"Wolfgang defending the NWA Scottish Championship against Martin Stone at the Gathering last year. Quite recent and off the radar, but I've never seen a crowd as passionate during any other match I've seen live. I've never been as proud to be a part of a show as I have that night."

Amen to that, brother.

Fave Tag team - A three way tie between the Rockers, the Hart Foundation and - perhaps a choice out of left field, but if you disagree it only means you know nothing about wrestling - The Fabulous Rougeau Brothers.

2125135296_b8f412d1d5.jpg

"We're all-American boys!"

Greatest moment in recent history - Flair vs Michaels at Mania 24 and the tribute on Raw the next night. I cried. Like a baby.

Edited by MartyMichaels