New Photocamera

Tinne

I'm looking to buy a better photocamera. Has anyone got any ideas??? I'm looking for one which takes great pics at conventions and concerts.

Grtz :D

Am a fan of Casio Exilm range for a small camera that fits into any pocket, i use at all the cons never lets me down. Or Panasonic Lumix range slightly bigger but they have a 10x optical zoom, good if you get cheap seat tickets for gigs and want to make it look like your a the front.

Edited by mojoe

Am a fan of Casio Exilm range for a small camera that fits into any pocket, i use at all the cons never lets me down.

That was the second one I considered.

It was just so small that I was scared of losing it and settled on the slightly bigger one in the end. I misplace my cameras all the time, and the smaller it is, the bigger the chances are that I will lose it eventually one day.

I've got a Panasonic Lumix DMC-TZ3. It's got 10x optical zoom and is FANTASTIC at concerts. I haven't been to a convention yet, but I've taken it to 33 gigs and 3 festivals so far and my photos (and videos) have been brilliant - both for whilst the gig is on (nomatter where I am because the of the zoom and the fact I have a steady hand) and meeting the band afterwards.

If you havn't already gone to the shops then I suggest just poopping into your local Jessops.

You don't even need to buy anything from them, and can try out as many cameras as you like. They may make some suggestions that might help you (do be carefull though, there supposed to be none bias towards certain makes to a digree, most are but not all) Oh and remember to take into consideration the cost of extra batteries, extra memory cards, and a cary case as most don't come with a protective cary case.

Also have a look on the gadget shows website (look in google for the address) they do reviews on some nice portable digital camers and although sometimes it does seem like there own personal oppinion, for the most part they really do know what they are talking about.

:D

LLAP :P

I went to the shop yesterday and got a Casio Exilm in metallic pink. I chose it because it had a great price and i loved the colour.

Results of my pix you'll find after LFCC :D

I went to the shop yesterday and got a Casio Exilm in metallic pink. I chose it because it had a great price and i loved the colour.

Results of my pix you'll find after LFCC :D

I have that make older one and not pink... Never lets me down hope you like it. :D

• 3 weeks later...

I use a Canon DSLR at conventions and stuff, otherwise its my little point and shoot Pentax T20.

I'm looking to buy a better photocamera. Has anyone got any ideas??? I'm looking for one which takes great pics at conventions and concerts.

Grtz :thumbup:

my friend has one of the new lumix's amazing. I use a fujifilm S5700 it has a 10x optical zoom and is 7 mega pixels. I have had a problem at a gig with it though. A woman classed it as a HD camera and wouldn't let me use it. it's been okay at all the other gigs ive been to though, i think the woman just hated me, i'd used it at a gig and the same place 4 weeks before.

If you havn't already gone to the shops then I suggest just poopping into your local Jessops.

You don't even need to buy anything from them, and can try out as many cameras as you like. They may make some suggestions that might help you (do be carefull though, there supposed to be none bias towards certain makes to a digree, most are but not all) Oh and remember to take into consideration the cost of extra batteries, extra memory cards, and a cary case as most don't come with a protective cary case.

Also have a look on the gadget shows website (look in google for the address) they do reviews on some nice portable digital camers and although sometimes it does seem like there own personal oppinion, for the most part they really do know what they are talking about.

:D

LLAP :lol:

Tis true about the bias,I work in Jessops and some staff are biased towards one or two brands.

Panasonic Lumix's are great as are the Canon Ixus/Powershot range

Edited by Tiggsy