questions about coll.15

indio

i cant make the saturday the 6th june, so i thought id come on sunday 7th. never been to a sunday show before and mainly coming to see leonard nimoy. i plan to arrive in milton keynes at 1pm and plan to leave at 3.30pm. do you think its cutting it a bit short? also are sundays mostly more quiet than saturdays at these shows?

I've moved this to the C15 section for you indio, you'll get more replies there.

Personally I think that 2.5 hours at the show are indeed cutting it a bit short seeing you arrive in the afternoon only and you are mainly coming to see Nimoy. If you'd be coming in in the morning maybe, but in the afternoon that's not going to work out.

There's also the Trek Talk scheduled at 1.30 PM Sunday afternoon. We don't have confirmation yet if Leonard is going to take part, but if he is that takes additional time out of your stay where he won't be signing.

• Moderators

Yeah, a second opinion from me would be that you're cutting it impossibly close too.

Now that Nimoy's been cut down to 2 days, Sunday will be busier than before for him probably.

The main problem is that queue tickets for him will obviously have been given out for many hours before you even get there, and at his age he probably isn't going to be the speediest of signers, especially not with the demand expected.

Even without the talk I'd say you'll be very lucky to see him.

hey it's debatable if me and the wife will be going on the sunday

but if we are it'll be early, don't know if its allowed but if SM allow it i'll pick up a VQ ticket for ya and we can work out something like emailing me and i'll give you my number and you can phone me

but again really not sure if i'm coming sunday so it might be better to get one of the other guys that are defo going on sunday to do that

No one ever asks who the VTs are for when you pick them up. The only thing is that, particularly for the guests that are likely to be busiest, you may only be able to get one at a time. What that means, in practical terms, is that if you want to get a ticket for yourself and one for someone else who will be arriving later, you will need to join the queue, get one ticket and then rejoin the back of the queue to get another.

I know it sounds a bit barmy but that's the way it's done (I think).

The only thing is that, particularly for the guests that are likely to be busiest, you may only be able to get one at a time.

This is not a "may", this is a "will". :wub:

You can only get one VQ ticket per person. If you got two before, you were lucky. This should not have happened.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

The only thing is that, particularly for the guests that are likely to be busiest, you may only be able to get one at a time.

This is not a "may", this is a "will". :(

You can only get one VQ ticket per person. If you got two before, you were lucky. This should not have happened.

I wasn't 100% sure so it's good to have the clarification. Thanks. :P

• Moderators

There's absolutely no way of telling that at all.

As he's likely to be one of the busiest guests, perhaps THE busiest, it's all down to how fast he signs and how many people choose to see him on the Sunday.

It does happen sometimes with popular guests right towards the end, but again with his age, and with him only being there 2 days, I really wouldn't rely on it.

ill try to get there for mid day then.

In general the rule is "The earlier you get there, the better."

It's possible that we really may have a situation like for Shatner with Leonard Nimoy, but again there is really no way to say in advance. I was told by someone who has met Leonard prior that he signs "quite fast". But that person has met him a couple of years ago already, and things can change.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

You might find this a bit ironic Indio, given our previous conversation about Billy Shatnoids, but I met Nimoy at the 'rival' event (the one that David B is now moonlighting for as 'glomping' consultant :wub:), and I'm not kidding, I think he must have signed my 8x10 before I gave it to him.

Literally, the crewmember whipped it out of my hand, Nimoys hand briefly became a blur (without interrupting his conversation with the crewmember I might add), and before I knew it I was staggering out of the event with a signed 8x10 clutched in my fist.

It all happened so fast.

Same thing happened with Patrick Stewart. They were saying no personalisations, no photos, no handshakes to speed things up and then after a few hours he was an open queue. There were crew there actually calling out to anyone that wanted to meet him which I thought was quite amusing but also embarrassing.

I would recommend getting there early though just for peace of mind. I always get stressed about whether I'm going to get to meet those I want to and I rarely even meet the big guests.

I just wandered why originally you limited yourself to such a short amount of time at the show? :blink:

I can understand you just want to get a Nimoy auto but there are FREE talks, cosplay comp, dealers, photoshoots, cars, a funfair and probably other things I have forgotten :YAHOO:

why not make a day of it?

if you are looking at booking a train (which I assume but your time specificness) then keep in mind the FREE bus schedule and also that, booking a train this late, you may well be able to get an off-peak return (which pretty much lets you return on any train at weekends) for a simular price as single tickets / specifying train times :D

had simular experience as MikeDonovan :( have ALWAYS found THEIR stewards (be it THAT event or cons) to be exceptionally rude when sitting with guests, who keep talking to a guest when people are waiting to meet them and don't stop the convo. If I'm ever sat with a guest and people come up to meet them, the convo stops and I normally greet the attendee if the guest hasn't already done so!

surfy sah xx

I just wandered why originally you limited yourself to such a short amount of time at the show? :blink:

I can understand you just want to get a Nimoy auto but there are FREE talks, cosplay comp, dealers, photoshoots, cars, a funfair and probably other things I have forgotten :YAHOO:

They might have no interest in anything other than the autograph(s)?

Like for me personally, the talks are too short, cosplay comp and funfare I have absolutly no interest in, the dealers are too expensive (I look at what their selling, then come home and buy anything I like online cheaper! Im not spending £22 on a t-shirt!). Im there mostly for autographs and to see friends.

And while yes the photoshoots are good, perhaps the OP doesnt want to spend the extra money they cost?

So if their going alone, not seeing friends, and on a limited budget, I can see why they'd only go for such a short time.

I just wandered why originally you limited yourself to such a short amount of time at the show? :hathor:

I can understand you just want to get a Nimoy auto but there are FREE talks, cosplay comp, dealers, photoshoots, cars, a funfair and probably other things I have forgotten :borg:

if you are looking at booking a train (which I assume but your time specificness) then keep in mind the FREE bus schedule and also that, booking a train this late, you may well be able to get an off-peak return (which pretty much lets you return on any train at weekends) for a simular price as single tickets / specifying train times :lol:

had simular experience as MikeDonovan :( have ALWAYS found THEIR stewards (be it THAT event or cons) to be exceptionally rude when sitting with guests, who keep talking to a guest when people are waiting to meet them and don't stop the convo. If I'm ever sat with a guest and people come up to meet them, the convo stops and I normally greet the attendee if the guest hasn't already done so!

surfy sah xx

reason being is that im about 3hrs away from m.keynes and being a non driver i have to depend on public transport which is so bad that its easier to fly to spain. :D

bless 3h! that's not so bad :firedevil: it's about 4.5-5h on the train from Swansea, South Wales and I've 2 friends flying in from Belfast and a friend driving down from Scotland!!!

surely if you're so far away, it makes more sense to make a day of it cause then you can have a break from all that travelling! ?

surfy sah xx