cosplay at this years LFCC

I'm havin a last ditch attempt at gettin stuff done for tonight. I'm really really badly behind. I messed up on the esther skirt and had to take it apart. Thankfully i've got all the ribbon on all 70 metres of it. Add to that the ruff and the crown are nice quick easy makes just need to take a can of spray starch and a travel iron with me. Lol.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That is a really cool top!

US mail is annoying me, it said it will be here Monday and it's not and then today on the tracking thing it said attempted delivery at 3.42am this morning? And they didn't even leave a card or anything so I have no idea when they are going to try and deliver again ><

I just hope it is here on time for the weekend!

Hello cosplayers, I have a question for you!

I can't find any information about it, but are there lockers or changing rooms available to cosplayers? If not it's no biggy, I shall just have to embarrass the other half by waltzing through his local highstreet in costume to the DLR but it would be nice if I didn't have to go through public transport in costume as its kinda delicate.

I can't find any information about it, but are there lockers or changing rooms available to cosplayers? If not it's no biggy, I shall just have to embarrass the other half by waltzing through his local highstreet in costume to the DLR but it would be nice if I didn't have to go through public transport in costume as its kinda delicate.

Well this is my first time cosplaying but I do remember last year that the toilets having plenty of room as well as a good sized mirror also; that's all you really need

We have changing rooms, it's been confirmed and I've seen them on the floor plan! :thumbup:

Woo hoo i got the esther dress finished. Not bad for someone who's workin 8 til 6 every day this week and only had a bodice on monday. Lol. Just titania to finish now. I'm pinning the petticoat as i type. Lol.

We have changing rooms, it's been confirmed and I've seen them on the floor plan! :thumbup:

Hooray! Do they cost anything to use? Alternatively yes, I could just nip into the loos because all I will really need to put on is a pair of boots and a headdress/belt.

Woop i got all the big stuff done. Just the stomacher ruff and crown now. All stuff that i can do on the way there or when i get there. Must take my Copy of the Tudor tailor though for the ruff.

Thought I'd finished Sarah's costume and then realised the picture I sent in has a different hair colour than hers. Got her short blonde wig for Sunday but Saturday has long blonde bunches and her hair is dark brown. Also cant find olives, plastic ones for her bobbles and her headdress doesnt want to stay in place. Leaving in around 10 hours and still got to get the shopping in for the rest of the family when we go away so major panic going on here.

See you all Saturday.

It'll work out hun. Trust me. Untill last night i had a skirt to pleat and attach and hem and another to hem as well as other little bits. Lol. Thankfully i'm about done. Just to stitch the stomacher for titania. Then to pack and bed for around 9 my coach leaves at 4.55 tomorrow. Eep. Lol. Managed to get my hair pretty much the same colour as esthers and my fringe has grown out pretty much like hers. Only problem is is my hair is way longer than esthers so out come the hairnets. Lol.

After much work I have another costume pretty much finished for the sunday but I have a reference picture question.

My character is a wolf version of a film character (Luther from the Rogues from the 1979 film The Warriors) so I don't have any reference pictures - though of course he is based on an actual film character and loosely on a maned wolf. Would it be best for me to bring references of the film character and the animal or just the film character.

After much work I have another costume pretty much finished for the sunday but I have a reference picture question.

My character is a wolf version of a film character (Luther from the Rogues from the 1979 film The Warriors) so I don't have any reference pictures - though of course he is based on an actual film character and loosely on a maned wolf. Would it be best for me to bring references of the film character and the animal or just the film character.

The more reference you can give, the easier it is for the judges as they've got more to compare to.

Got all my stuff packed, my 'bag' is a tool belt, thought that'd go best with the character ^^

Sad news, my wig is dead D: So I'll have to be a brunette Winry, and means definetly no masquerade. Still looking forward to seeing everyone,though! Just one final coat of paint on my spanner, and figuring out how to hide a belt, then it's all done!

Okay, very last minute, but this is my youngest Matthew (age 11) in his final fantasy cloud costume.

Minus the hair, as believe it or not, he is a bit shy and that is the thing he was worried about the most

He is not entering in the masquerade cos it clashes with the Peter Facinelli talk, and he is probably a bit too shy, but feel free to say hi!

matthewascloud.jpg

Damn it legolassie we got our days the wrong way round. lol, i'm wearing my queen esther costume on the saturady, it'd have been fun for abel and ester to get together. lol :D

Nevermind. I couldn't do it the other way round due to Anna Walton only there on the Sat.

Loved your Queen Esther. I do hope you do wear it again so that I can get photos of it. I can't believe I still didn't take any for the Trinity Blood cosplay web page I run.

Everyones cosplays were excellent. It was great to see you all.

touchthesky - it was cool to meet you on Saturday, and I'll say it again - your costume was amazing.

Also, I saw a really good Gwen on Sunday, but I didn't speak to her or get a photo - but whoever you are, you looked amazing.