cosplay at this years LFCC

What is a "cosplay" never heard of one? lmao

Taken from Wikipedia

"Short for "costume roleplay", is a type of performance art whose participants outfit themselves, with often-elaborate costumes and accessories, as a specific character or idea. Characters are usually sourced in various Japanese and East Asian media, including manga, anime, tokusatsu, comic books, graphic novels, video games, hentei and fantasy movies."

Basically people chose costumes to do and remake them to wear at the conventions. The idea of cosplay competitions is so you can show off your costume to other cosplayers and general convention attendees who come to watch. I tend just to wear my costumes for the convention and don't do the competitions as I have slight stage fright. But its a very enjoyable day when people regonise your costume and come over and ask for pictures.

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's quite different on this cosplay forum compared to many others I've been on :YAHOO:

Anyway, I'm cosplaying Black Canary on Saturday and Human-former Skywarp with my friends as Starscream and Thundercracker on Sunday :) We'll be pretty obvious so keep an eye out for us.

Oh and Ruth we'll be entering the masq but I cba to do a pre-entry seeing as how I'm guessing they'll be plenty of spaces but should I send the music and pictures to you anyway ??

Edited by fix-chan

Yeash, i finally started the esther dress, and for once the bodice lies flat to the dummy. lol Just wonderin where the heck i'm gonna find a reference pic for it, i'm using other cosplay pics to do the dress, the actual artbook pic is really hard to find i even searched waterstones for the trinity blood book. So should be fun.

Aargh, so tempted to cosplay!

But I'm a beginner.. only made my veery simple Osaka (Azumanga Daioh) cosplay before, re-done it so I'm more happy but it's still not quite right! :dance:

But I dunno who I'd be! Since VIc was coming an Ouran or FMA cosplay would be cooool.. *runs off to plan*

Do it, Vicky! It's one of the most satisfying feelings ever. You won't regret it :)

It was amazingly fun walking around at a con with my first cosplay! I'll see if I have enough money and time to get it done after my exams ;)

But sitting on trains wearing it was the funniest of all, next to my friend wearing her sweet Lolita dress.. lots of funny looks :o

How are you going to pull of transformers?

xxx

We do what's called humanformers :)

New_In_Town_by_RavenBlakh.jpg

Looks like that. (Me as Black Arachnia and Isa as Starscream)

Thats really cool :D

i keep changing my ideas and i'm thinking i may leave if for this year and then do it next year although i am possibly looking into getting some Hufflepuff House items :D

xxx

:)!

I currently have three costumes on the go lol.

One only requires waiting though...on something to arrive.

Cool! :rolleyes:

I've got.. Winry for this, and the two cosplays me and my friends are doing,still in the planning/designing stages though.

Oh good luck hun, it'll look fab if you do, i've screwed up. i've made my bodice too short, it's meant to be at my waist, i'm hoping because it's a dark fabric and that it had ribbons on i can lengthen it not too obviously. oops. lol

Attempting to go as a "Dharma" security worker from the TV series "Lost". I didn't want anything over-the-top; but something interesting... so; coverall... patch... other details. We see...

Just having fun; and of course trying to make it look right. I have no idea how its going to turn out...

I am very close to having the choice of four Lara costumes for LFCC.

Anniversary (complete)

Legend (just need to do holsters and backpack)

Classic (waiting on my latex top)

South Pacific (complete)

:D

you really like croft?

I'm still thinking whether or not to cospley at all. If I do, I'll probably go for an easy one I already have like Prof McGonagall (watch out for awful quality picture)

mcgonagallheadshot.jpg

or maybe Herr Flick (with Richard Gibson in the photo, guess which one is me? :D)

HerrenFlickhug.jpg

This mainly because

- I don't have the time for a new costume right now

- I can't bring much luggage because I'm sharing a suitcase with someone else

- I don't know if I want to yet.

I love the humanformers! The costumes look really cool!

PS: when "Esme" was mentioned on the first page, my first thought was Esme Weatherwax from the Discworld books. Now that would be cool, and not too hard cause all she wears is black. I didn't make the Twilight connection at all, as I have not seen the film (and don't really have an interest in it either, maybe when it's on tv in a few years).

Edited by Liessa