firt time going to a big con

chair89

hi

i havent attended a big con like this one. what is like a big convention, it seems so crowed for me to ejoy it, how could you hear the guest talks in such a big room. what are the qeue like.

how much is to enter.

I know it's long, but you may want to give the FAQ a read. ^_^

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=47456

I love Collectormania. It's totally different to events like Chevron 7 or Eclipse, but that's just what I love for me. Where else can you meet guests from Stargate, Star Trek and Back to the future at the same time?

The emphasis is more on the autograph signing part than at the talks bit for Collectormania. There's an area surrounded by make shift walls which is used for the talk. With microphones and such it's usually not a problem to hear the guests talk, that is if there's not a group of mad Klingons outside. :P

The queues are managed by the so called Virtual Queueing system - you basically take a number for the guest of your choice when you arrive, and then when your number is called you can join that guests line. So the queues are not too bad, even with the show being large.

Wonder what this'll be like compared to Glasgow.

A stadium sized arena vs an ice rink sized. Cant wait now!

There was a provisional layout plan on display at CM14. From what I recall the dealer stalls, guests desks, etc were spread out around 75% of the the interior corridor that effectively goes around the whole pitch (and presumably behind the lower grandstand seating. Unless the corridor is narrow I can't imgaine that overcrowding will be a problem. In fact some serious legwork may be required!

I'm not worried about what guest is where (I imagine that has yet to be finalised) but it would be useful/nice if someone from Showmaster could post a plan of the general layout please, so we can have a nose at it... :YAHOO:

I know it's long, but you may want to give the FAQ a read. :D

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=47456

I love Collectormania. It's totally different to events like Chevron 7 or Eclipse, but that's just what I love for me. Where else can you meet guests from Stargate, Star Trek and Back to the future at the same time?

The emphasis is more on the autograph signing part than at the talks bit for Collectormania. There's an area surrounded by make shift walls which is used for the talk. With microphones and such it's usually not a problem to hear the guests talk, that is if there's not a group of mad Klingons outside. :o

The queues are managed by the so called Virtual Queueing system - you basically take a number for the guest of your choice when you arrive, and then when your number is called you can join that guests line. So the queues are not too bad, even with the show being large.

i thought the best thing is taking a photo with them. so there is 2 queues,one for autographs, and the other one is phootshoots. you can talk to them while they are signing , how long can you speak to them.

everbody keeps talking about the studium , is it a new studium. is the town center near the studium.

i thought the best thing is taking a photo with them. so there is 2 queues,one for autographs, and the other one is phootshoots. you can talk to them while they are signing , how long can you speak to them.

everbody keeps talking about the studium , is it a new studium. is the town center near the studium.

There have been exceptions (*cough* William Shatner), but yes, usually you can talk to the guests while signing. This depends on your definition of "talk" though. There will be no time for longer stories if it's busy, quite obviously. :D

Yes, it's a new stadium. The Dons just moved last year or so? The old stadium is near the train station. The new one is near Bletchley. There's a free bus service from the train station.

There have been exceptions (*cough* William Shatner), but yes, usually you can talk to the guests while signing. This depends on your definition of "talk" though. There will be no time for longer stories if it's busy, quite obviously. ;)

Yes, it's a new stadium. The Dons just moved last year or so? The old stadium is near the train station. The new one is near Bletchley. There's a free bus service from the train station.

is the event normally outside the whole pitch, do you go through a few tunnels. are there any pic of previous collectormania.

is the event normally outside the whole pitch, do you go through a few tunnels. are there any pic of previous collectormania.

I have no idea about the exact location, this would be a question for either Showmasters or Too Tall.

There are pictures of previous shows on the collectormania.com home page, but unfortunately it's down at the moment due to server issues.

• Showmasters Admin

There have been exceptions (*cough* William Shatner), but yes, usually you can talk to the guests while signing. This depends on your definition of "talk" though. There will be no time for longer stories if it's busy, quite obviously. :P

This is the first itme we've run the event at this venue so there will be no photos.

All the photos of previous CM:MKs will be of the shopping centre were we had it previously.

The show will be in the undercover part behind the seating.

Just after some clarification, is it ok to bring your own camera and have a photo with a guest? or do you have to do a photo shoot, it just makes meeting a guest go from approx £15 to £30 otherwise :P

• Showmasters Admin

You can bring you own camera.

Some guests do full posed photos over the desk, some allow photos of them signing and some will be no photos at all.

Which one depends on the guest themselves and how busy they will be. Someone like Nimoy is not going to be posed photos.

Just after some clarification, is it ok to bring your own camera and have a photo with a guest? or do you have to do a photo shoot, it just makes meeting a guest go from approx £15 to £30 otherwise :P

Bring your camera.

In general, it's fine to get a photo with a guest when you go up to get an autograph. It's considered rude just to go up and ask for a photo with them if you're not buying an autograph.

Some guest may have signs saying "No posed photographs". These are there for a number of reasons. The guest may have asked for them. They may find standing up for photographs then sitting down repeatedly hard work, especially if old; they may find the repeated flash hurts their eyes; they may have their own reasons; they may even just hav a hangover. Showmasters may have asked for them. In this case it's probably to speed the queue past a very busy guest, so that everyone gets a chance to buy an autograph.

A few guests may have a "No photographs" notice. Any of the above reasons may apply, but it is most likely to be the moving the queue reason.

Please try to have your camera switched on and ready before you arrive at the guest. Don't be surprised if a crew member offers to help you with a photograph - this is probably being done to speed the queue.

Some guests do full posed photos over the desk, some allow photos of them signing and some will be no photos at all.

Which one depends on the guest themselves and how busy they will be. Someone like Nimoy is not going to be posed photos.

Thankyou :D

Just after some clarification, is it ok to bring your own camera and have a photo with a guest? or do you have to do a photo shoot, it just makes meeting a guest go from approx £15 to £30 otherwise :angel:

Bring your camera.

In general, it's fine to get a photo with a guest when you go up to get an autograph. It's considered rude just to go up and ask for a photo with them if you're not buying an autograph.

Some guest may have signs saying "No posed photographs". These are there for a number of reasons. The guest may have asked for them. They may find standing up for photographs then sitting down repeatedly hard work, especially if old; they may find the repeated flash hurts their eyes; they may have their own reasons; they may even just hav a hangover. Showmasters may have asked for them. In this case it's probably to speed the queue past a very busy guest, so that everyone gets a chance to buy an autograph.

A few guests may have a "No photographs" notice. Any of the above reasons may apply, but it is most likely to be the moving the queue reason.

Please try to have your camera switched on and ready before you arrive at the guest. Don't be surprised if a crew member offers to help you with a photograph - this is probably being done to speed the queue.

Thankyou, that's very useful to know :D

Any ideas on whether Nathan will be doing posed photos? I know he'll be really busy but if we wait til the end of the day is he likely to be doing it then? :unsure:

Edit: woah just noticed the time,must stop forum-ing and getting excited and go to bed instead :-\

Edited by crazyminx

Any ideas on whether Nathan will be doing posed photos? I know he'll be really busy but if we wait til the end of the day is he likely to be doing it then? :D

I've only met Nathan once, at Comic Con. His line at the end of the day was still crazy when we left like 30 minutes before the show officially ended.

No one can really tell until the day, but I honestly wouldn't count on him doing posed photos.

• Showmasters Admin

Im wondering if you already bought a photo shoot ticket , can you take a photo with a guest, while at the signing table. or thats not fair for other people.

If the guest is allowing it then it's fine. In all honesty how would we know you have a photo shoot ticket?

I can see your point that if you have one and you then take up the time of someone else to have one, but I can't see that happening. If a guest is quiet enough that they are going to allow posed photos at their signing table pretty much everyone that wants one can.

can you take phots of the guest signing from a far distance, of course not to far. what can i use a camera for at the event. i think you are not allowed to use it in the Talks.

Edited by ringzpm

If you're in line and the guest is signing your picture you can take photos as long as there is no signing saying "no photos".

If you're thinking about "paparazzi style" when you are not in line this is very much frowned upon because it may be considered rude, and also you block access to the queues then. So it is very likely that a crew member will ask you to leave if you are doing that.

Usually you can take photos in the talks for the first couple of minutes, but then you'd have to turn of the flash or stop taking pictures. There have been talks where no photos were allowed, but this was announced before the talk started.

What camera to bring is really personal preference. (I'm not sure if I have understood you correctly there.) I've even seen fans using the camera of their mobile. Do you already own a camera?

If you are asking when it is okay to use a camera at the event, OldNick and TooTall have answered your question already, and the added info about the talks is in my post here. :D

Edited by Queen_Sindel

If you're in line and the guest is signing your picture you can take photos as long as there is no signing saying "no photos".

If you're thinking about "paparazzi style" when you are not in line this is very much frowned upon because it may be considered rude, and also you block access to the queues then. So it is very likely that a crew member will ask you to leave if you are doing that.

Usually you can take photos in the talks for the first couple of minutes, but then you'd have to turn of the flash or stop taking pictures. There have been talks where no photos were allowed, but this was announced before the talk started.

What camera to bring is really personal preference. (I'm not sure if I have understood you correctly there.) I've even seen fans using the camera of their mobile. Do you already own a camera?

If you are asking when it is okay to use a camera at the event, OldNick and TooTall have answered your question already, and the added info about the talks is in my post here. :P

I have my own camera. so i can take photo when there are sighing my pic, , not allowed if im behind a few people in the queue. can you video record in the Talks, or while the guests are signing.

so i can take photo when there are sighing my pic, , not allowed if im behind a few people in the queue.

Well, I've seen people taking pictures from the queue, but personally I don't like this because it's also kind of rude. It's somebody else's moment with the guest, and I'd feel if I am intruding. Don't know if this makes sense.

can you video record in the Talks, or while the guests are signing.

Videoing during the talks is not allowed at all.

For taking videos during the signing the same rules as for taking photos apply. If it's not allowed, there will be signs or crew will ask you to stop.

so i can take photo when there are sighing my pic, , not allowed if im behind a few people in the queue.

Well, I've seen people taking pictures from the queue, but personally I don't like this because it's also kind of rude. It's somebody else's moment with the guest, and I'd feel if I am intruding. Don't know if this makes sense.

For taking videos during the signing the same rules as for taking photos apply. If it's not allowed, there will be signs or crew will ask you to stop.

how come people upload videos on youtube of Conventions Talk, yet you are not allowed.

can you explain me the Talks, i've read the Q&A Section, guest will talk at 5pm but will leave before the talk. i dont understand that.

how come people upload videos on youtube of Conventions Talk, yet you are not allowed.

Because they're sneaky and video it without anyone noticing maybe?

can you explain me the Talks, i've read the Q&A Section, guest will talk at 5pm but will leave before the talk. i dont understand that.

1 - are you sure they are SM/ME talks?

2 - Where does it say anything about 5pm in the Talks section of the FAQ? I've just re read the whole thing on QS' link, and the only time I see mentioned is 10.30am, which TooTall says is the time by which popular talk tickets will have run out