Car Park charges

mcgill

Hello

I'm trying to work out whether it would be cheaper to travel down by train or car, and the deciding factor will be the cost of parking at the hotel. I have a vague memory of roughly what it was from last year, but if the information is readily available could someone post it here please.

Thanks

I am staying at the hotel and it £7 for 24hours, which is very pricey (you think it would be free if your staying in the hotel). The other carpark near by is £8 (NEC)

What if you leave and then come back? Do you gotta pay again?

I am staying at the hotel and it £7 for 24hours, which is very pricey (you think it would be free if your staying in the hotel). The other carpark near by is £8 (NEC)

What if you leave and then come back? Do you gotta pay again?

I seem to remember two prices - one possibly up to eight hours, and then one for 8-24 hours. Last year I missed the cheaper rate by about ten minutes...!

I cant find anything on the hotel website, and have searched through posts here about the costs. It would be very helpful if an event organiser could comment.

I dont know which website you're looking at, but the one I saw didnt seem to have any prices.

Anyway, I called the hotel, and these are the prices:

0-30 minutes is free

30mins to 3 hours £5

3 hours to 8 hours £8

8 hours to 24 hours £12.

I will hopefully be done and be away within 8 hours...

There was a reference to Valet parking above.

Is this the style of parking they operate?

Last year for Autographica, it was a ticketed parking system I recall. You paid on leaving. You could pay on card as well.

I think the "call for Valet parking" perhaps means to phone them in advance if you want Valet parking.

Edited by lukeowl

Last year for Autographica, it was a ticketed parking system I recall. You paid on leaving. You could pay on card as well.

I think the "call for Valet parking" perhaps means to phone them in advance if you want Valet parking.

Thanks luke

Thanks luke

No problem "Des".

If you look on the website nationalrail.co.uk the price for parking 24 hours at the International Railway Station is £6 .

I went to autographica last year and from the train station it is a short walk through the N E C

Edited by barnowl

If you look on the website nationalrail.co.uk the price for parking 24 hours at the International Railway Station is £6 .

I went to autographica last year and from the train station it is a short walk through the N E C

Thanks for the heads up - I think there's a free shuttle bus isnt there to the hotel provided by SM? How long is the walk?

Edited by nicky

• Moderators

Hi Guys

If you do it in 5 minutes you had better send for the paramedics !!!!!

We did the walk from the station to the hotel. Follow the blue route signposted to the hotel.

It is a very pleasant walk and will take around 12 minutes.

Now back to those easter eggs.

Dave