LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - Michael Shanks

yep, very last min!!! a friend of a friend had a spare ticket and I booked my flight 3weeks before heading out, hence the 1k over draft, most of that came from the con and visiting Seattle/Vancouver! (but it was worth it to see the Atlantis sets :P )

Petra (Queen Sindle) has been too, and she was lucky enough to go when the SG1 sets were still up :P which they aren't now :( been to Vancouver 3x but only once to the con as the organisers are evil and it costs nearly $600 US :o and with the current exchange rate of $1.40 or less to the £1...:pyth:

Chev 1 was 3 days after I flew to Australia :( wanted to change my flights but my mum wouldn't let me... were you at Chev 2? I was crewing that too yey!

surfy sah xx

Sorry - missed this last night! Extremely jealous of both of you. I have never been to a convention outside of the UK - let alone visted sets!!

Yep - done Chev 1 & 2, Hub 1 & 2. Currently booked for Chev 3, Hub 3, BTL, and Hallowhedon

@ 1of2 those VERY images indeed! :lol::wub::wub: yes I am a Jack-Sam shipper!!!! (Amanda said in Vancouver that she hopes the writers write *something* between them in the new movie :P )

thanks so much for those instructions, will have to have a fiddle

muchos gracious for those grabs though cause I don't have s7 at the mo!

Not a problem - anytime. Looking forward to the 3rd movie. More Jack is always a good thing

Oh and found the pic from CM12. It was the Friday. My brother didn't take one on the Saturday. He has no idea why!

CM1226-10-20075352.jpg

Edited by 1of2

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

started writing a post over an hour ago but it got eaten :( and also I got distracted listening to live feed of Canucks game :P

anyways sorry I missed you message last night too, was on the board index and there was another post in this section that was the last to be posted in and didn't notice :D

ahhh yeah there's me and Ian!!! wow surprised I've got my Whistler lanyard on and not my Canucks one :o wear that always!!! (how weird...just checked my photos and I've got my Canucks one on in all of them!! :D)

anyways wahooo photos! :D

if you have a facebook or something, my email is in my username @hotmail.com :D *now feeling slightly bad about taking over the topic* :D

surfy sah xx

anyways wahooo photos! :D

if you have a facebook or something, my email is in my username @hotmail.com :clap: *now feeling slightly bad about taking over the topic* :wub:

surfy sah xx

Not the best pic I have ever taken. Camera was setup slightly wrong and you are all a bit over-exposed.

I am on Facebook. Been so long since I used it that I can't remember my details... :dance::YAHOO: .

Topic takeover...oops!

Any chance that SM could do what a con in the US did - on one day Michael's photo shoot was him dressed in casuals and the next day he was dressed up in a three piece suit...I didn't go obviously, but heard it was great and they sold loads more photos...Shanks in a suit...hmmmmm... :D

...if not, I REALLY hope he doesn't wear his now standard baseball cap...hatless photos please!!

....roll on July...get-a-saving!!

• 4 weeks later...

Oh gosh, shanks in a suit !! :YAHOO::D

I'm going all the way from France to meet him for there are no conventions here anymore... :(

He was supposed to go to a convention in the Reunion but finally cancelled his trip ! I hope he won't this time, 'cause i'm saving my money to meet him !

Does anyone fancy to keep me company for his talk ? ^^ I'm coming on my own so... And i would love to me other fans too !

• 1 month later...

Any ideas on pics to get signed?

I was wondering whether to find a pic of Victor in "Burn Notice"

What do you think?

I've got a HUGE sized photo from BN and i had it printed off at a supermarket. Came out really well. Cause i couldn't find any official ones :lol: And i didn't want anything else from Stargate signed. x

I've got a HUGE sized photo from BN and i had it printed off at a supermarket. Cause i couldn't find any official ones And i didn't want anything else from Stargate signed

I guess BN character will be popular pic choice this year :D

I have made collage wallpapers and taken for signing before, I was doing the same again but can't choose between Victor or the character MS plays in "Desperate Escape" movie (wears suit in forest!).

I need to decide by this Saturday so I can print out ready for taking to LFCC.

:YAHOO:

I've got a HUGE sized photo from BN and i had it printed off at a supermarket. Cause i couldn't find any official ones And i didn't want anything else from Stargate signed

I guess BN character will be popular pic choice this year :whistling:

I have made collage wallpapers and taken for signing before, I was doing the same again but can't choose between Victor or the character MS plays in "Desperate Escape" movie (wears suit in forest!).

I need to decide by this Saturday so I can print out ready for taking to LFCC.

:headscratch:

I'd think he'd like to sign something that most people wouldn't have. So i'd go with something from Desperate Escape. Am still eager to see that movie, lol :)

Edited by sam1974

I'd think he'd like to sign something that most people wouldn't have. So i'd go with something from Desperate Escape. Am still eager to see that movie

I'll put something together over the weekend

I want to watch DE, it's the only MS-movie I haven't seen, but I can't find a source anywhere :P

I read news today that MS will be moderating "Burn Notice" panel at Comic Con; would this affect his travel plans for LFCC (will he still be able to make the con)?

Its not till the 23rd of July, isn't it? The following Thursday. I shouldn't think there would be a problem. *crosses fingers*

The other Comic Con doesn't start until Thursday after ours, this is correct.

That's not going to be a problem. Michael has been to the UK so often, he won't hang around much after the event to do sightseeing. :thumbup:

Edited by Queen_Sindel

That's not going to be a problem. Michael has been to the UK so often, he won't hang around much after the event to do sightseeing

I thought might be a rush in schedule for him, I'm a worrier in nature! :blush:

That's not going to be a problem. Michael has been to the UK so often, he won't hang around much after the event to do sightseeing

I thought might be a rush in schedule for him, I'm a worrier in nature! :blush:

Don't forget when he left Chevron 7 early on that sunday afternoon to film Burn Notice the next day. I'm hoping he can cope :smile:

he left Chevron 7 early on that sunday afternoon to film Burn Notice the next day. I'm hoping he can cope

At least there are a few days between end of LFCC and start of Comic Con. And he's not in midst of revising lines for filming (I would expect with actors that takes up the most of your attention when you're about to begin a new filming job).

Moderating a panel must be an interesting new challenge! I think MS enjoyed his time working with BN cast so it will be a fun QA for them. I could tell he enjoyed playing the role of Victor! :P

I'm guessing someone will ask about BN during the Saturday talk?

he left Chevron 7 early on that sunday afternoon to film Burn Notice the next day. I'm hoping he can cope

At least there are a few days between end of LFCC and start of Comic Con. And he's not in midst of revising lines for filming (I would expect with actors that takes up the most of your attention when you're about to begin a new filming job).

Moderating a panel must be an interesting new challenge! I think MS enjoyed his time working with BN cast so it will be a fun QA for them. I could tell he enjoyed playing the role of Victor! :P

I'm guessing someone will ask about BN during the Saturday talk?

OOh i hope so. I think the feeling was mutual, if you read some cast and crew comments about him. Crossing my fingers on Thursday for an Emmy nomination :P

That's not going to be a problem. Michael has been to the UK so often, he won't hang around much after the event to do sightseeing. :P

Haha, very true.

Did I say yay already? :D He's welcome to come over as much as he likes :lol:

I think the feeling was mutual, if you read some cast and crew comments about him. Crossing my fingers on Thursday for an Emmy nomination

I got the impression from the BN ep DVD commentary they had fun working on the eps :headscratch:

I hope so too, that would be great!

Hello all,

this is the first time I will have the chance to meet Michael.

No conventions like this in Italy.

I'm very excited and I've just found out that my order has been processed and I will find my tickets on Saturday morning. :chair:

I was so worried that Michael's photo shoots could run out before having one.

It would be great also to have the chance to meet you all big fans of Michael, I'm travelling alone but once there I will feel at home :P

I really loved him in BN

2uiuopj.jpg

I really loved him in BN

It was a great role because Mr Shanks had the opportunity to 'go big' in delivery; that's fun for us to watch on screen and fun for the actors to film!

How often do they get such roles, it must be rare

I liked those shirts :D

I have my wallpapers ready now for autographing; I chose an early season Daniel collage and a few other roles together as another collageOnce I have pics prepared then I know a con is very soon and feel more excited about going  ;) I still get nervous though! Doesn't matter how many times it's still nerve-wracking for me as the first time :P

Doesn't matter how many times it's still nerve-wracking for me as the first time :thumbup:

for me IT IS the first time and believe me I still can't realise I will see him.

Here in Italy there no chance that an event like this is organised so the only way is to take the plane ...

How is meeting him when you have you're autograph?

Can you take pictures? Does he talk to you?

And during the photo shoot?

I'm so nervous and excited at the same time :dance:

Doesn't matter how many times it's still nerve-wracking for me as the first time :thumbup:

for me IT IS the first time and believe me I still can't realise I will see him.

Here in Italy there no chance that an event like this is organised so the only way is to take the plane ...

I'm so nervous and excited at the same time :dance:

I was like that the first time. But the one i went too it was all so rushed. Didnt like that.

When you have your auto, some people do ask for a photo, it all depends on who's looking after them. Yes he does talk to you. Usually, how are you, etc. I'm always very tongue tied and hardly say anything. Thats just cause i'm shy, lol.

At the photo shoot, its the same again. Hi, etc. When i saw him in Milton Keynes a few years ago, the photographer took 2 pics and i had to stay hugging him for about a minute. One of the best minute of my life, :wub:

This is the pic i'm having signed

bn216_001.jpg

Hope to see you guys there *hugs*

Edited by sam1974

I'm so nervous and excited at the same time :thumbup:

Take picture of him when he's signing - yes. Take pictures with him at the signing table... probably no, but that depends how busy he is.

He most definitely does talk to you. :D

The photo shoot is usually more quick.

Take picture of him when he's signing - yes. Take pictures with him at the signing table... probably no, but that depends how busy he is.

He most definitely does talk to you. :lol:

The photo shoot is usually more quick.

Great!

Hope I will be able to speak to him and don't get too nervous ;)

Last month I had a dream: I met him at the premier of a film and he invited me for dinner since he wanted to know better one of his fans. At the restaurant he arrived with his three children since the baby-sitter just run away without advise :P

Don't tell me I'm freaked, I know :P

Thanks all for ther info