LATEST GUEST ANNOUNCEMENT - Michael Shanks

How is meeting him when you have you're autograph?

Can you take pictures? Does he talk to you?

And during the photo shoot?

I'm so nervous and excited at the same time

Depending what time of the day you are at the autograph table, if there are a lot of people waiting behind you it will have to be brief 'hello' and 'thankyou' exchanged as he signs the picture you put onto the table. I suspect photo op is even busier but if you like to have photos taken it can be more exciting experience than the autograph table.

I can't remember when in the day but I think if it's quiet at the table you can ask to take photo of the actor, some actors don't like the cameras while they're trying to sign peoples' pictures for them (well it is distracting), if you see the paper note on display above and behind an actor at their autograph table saying "no photos please" (I can't remember the exact words) you know not to use your camera.

Definitely no taking photos when you have your photo op - it's a professional (ish) camera situation, people paying money for their photo with the actor, makes sense not being very courteous to actors or other people if you use your own camera at that time.

Are you going to be alone or with friends? You can start a conversation with people during lining up for autograph, photo op, or to get into the talks Everyone feels the same nerves and excitement you're feeling so that's something to have in common :D

I hope this helped!

Good choice!

My computer 'died' over the weekend, I'm borrowing a laptop to check LFCC site for news before I leave, so I don't have saved pics to post :(

If Mr Shanks gets chance to say anything about your pic could you post it here? I'm sure he'll like a visual reminder the fun role he played :D

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Depending what time of the day you are at the autograph table, if there are a lot of people waiting behind you it will have to be brief 'hello' and 'thankyou' exchanged as he signs the picture you put onto the table. I suspect photo op is even busier but if you like to have photos taken it can be more exciting experience than the autograph table.

I can't remember when in the day but I think if it's quiet at the table you can ask to take photo of the actor, some actors don't like the cameras while they're trying to sign peoples' pictures for them (well it is distracting), if you see the paper note on display above and behind an actor at their autograph table saying "no photos please" (I can't remember the exact words) you know not to use your camera.

Definitely no taking photos when you have your photo op - it's a professional (ish) camera situation, people paying money for their photo with the actor, makes sense not being very courteous to actors or other people if you use your own camera at that time.

Are you going to be alone or with friends? You can start a conversation with people during lining up for autograph, photo op, or to get into the talks Everyone feels the same nerves and excitement you're feeling so that's something to have in common :D

I hope this helped!

Thanks to all for the hints.

I will be there alone, my friends all give up for study or money reasons.

Never mind, as you told there will be plenty of people in the lines to talk with, well, assuming my English will be good enough, sometimes when I'm nervous I can't even speak in my native language :D

I will take my photo shoot on saturday and I want to have it signed.

Hope to be able to find out when the table is quiter.

If I remember well I read somewhere that I can take the VT and go there also far after it has been called.

When is it quiter? Saturday afternoon or Sunday?

It seemed like Sunday was as busy as Saturday

I'll put here as I don't know what discussion it belongs in... I had a good weekend, my thanks to the Showmasters staff assigned to the autograph table with MS Saturday and Sunday who helped my nerves a bit while I waited to get my autograph from the actor. I get very nervous ;)

I didn't have any photo ops at LFCC so I don't know how the photo ops went.

I know the EC venue was a high ceiling building interior so sound quality was going to be a problem but I admit sitting in front row in the talks area I couldn't hear the guest actor properly on the stage in their talk despite only being a little distance from the stage (I'm not sure how far front row chairs were from the stage but wasn't very much distance, perhaps arms' length) :YAHOO: If there was a way to have guest talks inside a room so that the sound quality would be better? Otherwise it was a good weekend.

Judging by attendance - I noticed long queues for entry both days - I think recession didn't stop people coming to LFCC then, it looked to me like plenty of dealers stalls on both days (even with some dealers gone on the Sunday there were still a lot).

If I have to go to EC venue again I'll know where to go now I'm familiar with EC area. I really liked that my hotel (the Ibis) was only five mins walk from the EC2 building! That has to be the closest I have stayed to an event when the event was seperate from a hotel (not held in a hotel).

Many thanks to Showmasters. I look forward to receiving photo CD in the post :YAHOO:

Well I'd just like to add that I met Michael yesterday, and being a huge fan of stargate for years, he's pretty much my hero. I usually do my best to be chatty to the guests and was really worried that I'd be tongue tied!!

However I managed to conceal my complete hysteria and panic of seeing him in the flesh and I am so glad I did - what a lovely guy!!!! He called me sweetie and we had a brief conversation while I got his autograph, he was jetlagged and looked a little tired but was just lovely. I asked for a cheeky photo with him even though it said no posed photos and thankfully got one (it wasn't busy at the time which is probably why noone minded) which i am just over the moon about as it was a REALLY lovely photo!!!

I also managed to get two posed photographs as he didnt smile in one - he's kind of pouting - so i was absolutely thrilled!!! :blink:

it totally made my year and i am still smiling about it - in fact it seems to be all i am talking about!!!! isn't it great when people that you have watched for years turn out to be lovely and for a couple of minutes of chatting and a nice smile, it means so much to us fans..... Id love to hear everyone elses stories from the weekend!!!!

Well I'd just like to add that I met Michael yesterday, and being a huge fan of stargate for years, he's pretty much my hero. I usually do my best to be chatty to the guests and was really worried that I'd be tongue tied!!

However I managed to conceal my complete hysteria and panic of seeing him in the flesh and I am so glad I did - what a lovely guy!!!! He called me sweetie and we had a brief conversation while I got his autograph, he was jetlagged and looked a little tired but was just lovely. I asked for a cheeky photo with him even though it said no posed photos and thankfully got one (it wasn't busy at the time which is probably why noone minded) which i am just over the moon about as it was a REALLY lovely photo!!!

I also managed to get two posed photographs as he didnt smile in one - he's kind of pouting - so i was absolutely thrilled!!! :dance:

it totally made my year and i am still smiling about it - in fact it seems to be all i am talking about!!!! isn't it great when people that you have watched for years turn out to be lovely and for a couple of minutes of chatting and a nice smile, it means so much to us fans..... Id love to hear everyone elses stories from the weekend!!!!

I know what you mean. It's always a worry meeting famous people, especially ones that you've liked for years, just in case they are not as nice in real life. But Michael Shanks is just lovely. I too have watched him in Stargate for years, but I had heard he was really nice to meet which made me less nervous. I saw him on Saturday and he was so chatty and smiley and really welcoming. He had absolutely no problem at the photoshoot with giving me a hug when I asked. It has to be said that Michael Shanks gives good hugs (and so does Ben Browder :D )

:thumbup:

He was a really nice guy to meet! I've heard talk of him being a bit "uppity" in the past, but was happily surprised to find this was not the case. He was very talkative and inviting, and it was a real pleasure to meet him :)

Met him twice now, at Chevron 7 and LFCC, one of the nicest guests I've met. Was great to talk to him at Chevron 7 and at LFCC he recorded a video message singing happy birthday for my mom, so that was really nice of him.

Met him twice now, at Chevron 7 and LFCC, one of the nicest guests I've met. Was great to talk to him at Chevron 7 and at LFCC he recorded a video message singing happy birthday for my mom, so that was really nice of him.

I've met him 7 times *giggles* and never had a bad word to say against him. Apart from during the talks, he keeps holding the mic to his mouth and it ruins a picture, lol.