Lost Season 5 - Episode Ten

DavidB

Ben won't die. Somebody'll find him before he does, Jin'll wake up and find him or something.

All in all I thought it was a cool episode. Sayid tied to that tree telling his story was quite funny.

Something in the past must have changed the future though, because originally Sayid said to Ben AND Jack that if they meet again it would be bad for them both. And today he said it to Ben and said it would be bad for him and Ben not Jack.

Something in the past must have changed the future though, because originally Sayid said to Ben AND Jack that if they meet again it would be bad for them both. And today he said it to Ben and said it would be bad for him and Ben not Jack.

I think your reading too much into it. They just did it to save time, they've done it quite a few times during the show, the most recent one was cutting out Locke seeing Christian Shephard at the bottom of the well at the beginning of LaFleur (I think it was LaFleur at least).

Great episode, not quite as good as Namasté but still great!

I think your reading too much into it. They just did it to save time, they've done it quite a few times during the show, the most recent one was cutting out Locke seeing Christian Shephard at the bottom of the well at the beginning of LaFleur (I think it was LaFleur at least).

You could be right perhaps I am reading too much into it. Although I'm pretty sure what he says is different in episode 5 this place is death he says

I don't want any part of this. And if I see you, or him again, it will be extremely unpleasant for all of us.

And in episode 10 he says unpleasant for us both.

I cant check this cos my speakers dont seem to be working right now.

just pinched this from lospedia

Some dialogue was altered in a flashback, possibly to avoid confusion; in this episode, at the marina, Sayid says only to Ben, "If I see you again, it will be extremely unpleasant for both of us." while, in "This Place Is Death", Sayid addresses both Jack and Ben by saying "If I see you, or him again, it will be extremely unpleasant for all of us." Similarily, Kate says "This is insane. You're all crazy!" with a clear pause between the two sentences, whereas in "This Place Is Death", she said "This is insane, you guys are crazy!" with no noticeable pause between the two sentences.

For me this was nowhere near as good as the last couple have been. Not sure why really. I don't think Ben will die though because that would just change far too much. It did answer some questions though which I like but I just think I need to see what's going on with Locke, Ben and Sun. Sayid tied to the tree was great though but I was sure that they wouldn't believe the truth even when they heard it!!!

• Moderators

It could lead towards knowing more about the healing properties of the island, and when the island 'isn't finished' with someone etc if they went down that route. I have no idea really.

It was a bit less packed with decent things this week than the last few, though I liked the way they built up Sayid's journey to a point where he was pushed to shoot a child. I think it was necessary.

It could lead towards knowing more about the healing properties of the island, and when the island 'isn't finished' with someone etc if they went down that route. I have no idea really.

My thoughts exactly.

Ep was a lil slower than the previous ones, but twas still good, and a classic "WTF?!" moment at the end!

Dont think Ben will just vanish in the future, its one of the problems i find with film/tv when they go the whole time travelling route. There are so many variables that they can do whatever they want and it can end up being a bit of a copout.

For instance the whole Back To The Future part 2 where they go back to the present and its changed because of the past, it can get a bit messy to be honest.

In lost Sawyer and co have been back on the island for 3 years since 1974, as this would be a date after they were born does this mean that they disappeared from where they were at that time originally (in the real world). No because they were children then and they are adults in the island reality, so then you have to ask questions about the same matter occupying the same time all be it in different locations.......dont get me wrong i like Lost, though i am only really watching now because i NEED to know how it ends, its just anything with time travel kinda does my head in a bit.

One thing i think its fair to say however is that them being back in the past has changed the future and we'll have to wait and see how this goes down. My eyes and ears have just exploded :P