DO YOU WANT TO BE APART OF THE SHOWMASTERS TEAM ?

showmasters

Did you switch your e-mail address? Normally you should still be on the list, even with not crewing for a while. If you want to be on the safe side, yes, best send an e-mail.

No not changed email, it might have been going into spam folder and I havn't noticed it.

• 3 months later...

I'm sure there's no harm in dropping an email with some details for them to keep on file or something :D

My daughter has emailed you as regard to crewing, do you reply to who you want and keep the others on file?

I just wondered as she has checked her inbox several times and has heard nothing - sorry to hassle you.

I just wanted to know how you worked the crewing stuff out with newbies etc.

Thanks

• Moderators

In regards to crewing at events, an email should be sent to crew@showmastersonline.com and then you should get added onto the mailing list for future events. Then they'll send out application forms when they're looking for crew.

Anyone who applies should get a yes/no reply regardless.

More information is here if you've not read that:

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=25858

If you've followed that, I can only suggest sending another one just in case.

OK you know we have a big crew to run the events and lots of people come together to help as a team to make the events work. We are a big family but now we are looking for more people to join us to be apart of this team so we can make the events bigger and better over the next few years and we need more of you to get involved in what we do.

Now there is a list of who the Showmasters are, and these are the people that make it happen for all the shows we run, be it Autographca, 10th Planet Events, Collectormaina or Massive Events. Without the people listed the events would not happen and we are looking for more to help.

Below is a list of jobs and projects that we would like to find more people to help us with. If you think you would like to offer your services then please do e-mail us and let us know what you think you would like a go at and we will consider it.

We have a lot planned for the next 12 months and it's very exciting. We would love more people to be involved to make this happen, thanks for reading.

1: Shop signing events team leader

( organising Shop signing up and down the country and leasing with Regional Promotion heads

to organiser local shop signings )

2: Another web site designer/assistant

(to help with new websites that need building other than what we have at this time as SJ does a great job :poki: )

3: Events drivers

( people that are happy to drive guests or crew to and from events over the weekend of an event)

4: Film production assistant

(to help with the filming unit at the events and to help with the filming proses, some editing & film making experience is needed )

5: Film production runner

(to help with the filming unit at the events no film making experience is needed just enthusiasm needed)

6: Airline flight booker

(someone to help book and change flight for guests and look after there travel needs)

7: National Promotions Director / Away team leader

(someone to look after distribution of fliers order what fliers are needed and to organise teams to go to small events and promote the events we do up and down the country and shop signings )

8: Regional Promotion heads

one for each area to help to promote the events and give out fliers in the towns and places were fans may hang out also to help out with local guest signing events in shops etc

Scotland

London / South

Birmingham / Midlands

Newcastle / Northumberland

Cardiff / Wales

Devon / Southwest

9: Web promotions developer

( to help with contra adds and banner links and getting to word out there on the web)

10: Guest detective

( someone to help to track down lost guests that have not attended an event, someone that is good at research and likes a challenge )

11: Facebook & online communities social networking promotions leader

(someone to help keep the sites we run up to date and keep the fans in the loop with what's going on next at the events )

Also if you have a skill that you think would be helpful to us in some way, do drop us an email as we would love to here from you.

So if you think you would like to be apart of this team or you are apart of the team already and feel you want to do more do email us at info@showmastersonline.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

yours

Jason and the team

Just out of curiosity are you still looking for people to do the above jobs? There are quite a few of them that I think I could do. I'm soon to be a media practice graduate (filming, editing, web making(beginner)).

• Showmasters Admin

I'm sure there's no harm in dropping an email with some details for them to keep on file or something :chair:

My daughter has emailed you as regard to crewing, do you reply to who you want and keep the others on file?

I just wondered as she has checked her inbox several times and has heard nothing - sorry to hassle you.

I just wanted to know how you worked the crewing stuff out with newbies etc.

Thanks

She probably got a reply last night. I was about 2 weeks behind because my home laptop was playing up and it's the only one I can get to the crew emails on.

Just out of curiosity are you still looking for people to do the above jobs? There are quite a few of them that I think I could do. I'm soon to be a media practice graduate (filming, editing, web making(beginner)).

SM are always looking for good people. Please do email in.

• Showmasters Admin

It can be home based

we have many people out there helping us with web stuff from there homes so if you think you have somthing to offer we would love to here from you

one other thing

we do get a lot of people email us we do keep the emails and one day you will here from us and we are not being rude or saying we are not interested in your offer to help us with the events , its just the first things we need to look after is the events and there are a lot of them so we will get back to you but it may be some time but please do keep emailing us if you feel you can help us in any way thank you all for your time .

yours

jason and the showmasters team

In regards to crewing at events, an email should be sent to crew@showmastersonline.com and then you should get added onto the mailing list for future events. Then they'll send out application forms when they're looking for crew.

Anyone who applies should get a yes/no reply regardless.

More information is here if you've not read that:

http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=25858

If you've followed that, I can only suggest sending another one just in case.

Thanks for the info, the day after i posted my query, she received an email from you.

Although she won't be able to crew for the Milton Keynes or London events (she is waiting for an event in Birmingham!) she was really happy you sent an email to her for considering her for future events.

Many thanks to you.

Momstar

• 3 weeks later...

What type of things are required of a Film production assistant? And I've never seen any SM films before? Not recent ones anyway.

I've worked with a film company this year to make a road safety film that is being distributed around the country and I'm a A-level media student so I am thinking this would be good experience. But still not decided if it means I loose time with guests.

Decisions decisions. :/

• 1 month later...

I emailed in!! I'm atteneding Twi 4 anyway, and was at the milton keynes one and wanted to ask how to become 'crew' then but the thing that was in the way has now gone! *smile*

Hope to hear something!!xxx

Edited by sarah anne

• Moderators

Massive Events tend to use a 'regular' pool of crew members for their conventions, so I wouldn't expect to be able to crew at those.

The Showmasters events (MK, LFCC etc) are ones where they will take on new crew etc, and the best place to start :(

• 3 months later...

OK you know we have a big crew to run the events and lots of people come together to help as a team to make the events work. We are a big family but now we are looking for more people to join us to be apart of this team so we can make the events bigger and better over the next few years and we need more of you to get involved in what we do.

Now there is a list of who the Showmasters are, and these are the people that make it happen for all the shows we run, be it Autographca, 10th Planet Events, Collectormaina or Massive Events. Without the people listed the events would not happen and we are looking for more to help.

Below is a list of jobs and projects that we would like to find more people to help us with. If you think you would like to offer your services then please do e-mail us and let us know what you think you would like a go at and we will consider it.

We have a lot planned for the next 12 months and it's very exciting. We would love more people to be involved to make this happen, thanks for reading.

1: Shop signing events team leader

( organising Shop signing up and down the country and leasing with Regional Promotion heads

to organiser local shop signings )

2: Another web site designer/assistant

(to help with new websites that need building other than what we have at this time as SJ does a great job :angry: )

3: Events drivers

( people that are happy to drive guests or crew to and from events over the weekend of an event)

4: Film production assistant

(to help with the filming unit at the events and to help with the filming proses, some editing & film making experience is needed )

5: Film production runner

(to help with the filming unit at the events no film making experience is needed just enthusiasm needed)

6: Airline flight booker

(someone to help book and change flight for guests and look after there travel needs)

7: National Promotions Director / Away team leader

(someone to look after distribution of fliers order what fliers are needed and to organise teams to go to small events and promote the events we do up and down the country and shop signings )

8: Regional Promotion heads

one for each area to help to promote the events and give out fliers in the towns and places were fans may hang out also to help out with local guest signing events in shops etc

Scotland

London / South

Birmingham / Midlands

Newcastle / Northumberland

Cardiff / Wales

Devon / Southwest

9: Web promotions developer

( to help with contra adds and banner links and getting to word out there on the web)

10: Guest detective

( someone to help to track down lost guests that have not attended an event, someone that is good at research and likes a challenge )

11: Facebook & online communities social networking promotions leader

(someone to help keep the sites we run up to date and keep the fans in the loop with what's going on next at the events )

Also if you have a skill that you think would be helpful to us in some way, do drop us an email as we would love to here from you.

So if you think you would like to be apart of this team or you are apart of the team already and feel you want to do more do email us at info@showmastersonline.com

I look forward to hearing from you soon.

yours

Jason and the team

Hi there,

I know you posted this last year but I feel I could offer my services via the internet. I am very competent at getting info out to the right people,and I could be some use via social networking sites like Facebook.

If you need someone

to help run this let me know,

Lou, London (big Cary Elwes fan hence the name!) :P