ET3 at new location?

bl00djunkie

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The night life is totally amazing! But the NEC Hilton where the Hub is isnt actually in Birmingham, it lies, its like a £20 taxi away!

I had to get a taxi from the airport to Selly Oak and it cost £20 one way and that wasn't into the city centre; from my house in Selly Oak to town on a metered taxi is another £10 at least. I want to know where your cheap taxi comes from, it could save me a fortune!

Selly Oak.. so not far.. the trains are really cheap but we have been stung for taxis many times!

U goto uni there? I have loads of mates at that uni, you are getting the absolute mick taken with your taxi fares lol at the most me and my mates have paid £20 in a black cab but that's all the way to chelmsley wood which is like ten mins away from the NEC, even in a black cab it wouldnt cost that much cus it's straight down the motorway

I had to get a taxi from the airport to Selly Oak and it cost £20 one way and that wasn't into the city centre; from my house in Selly Oak to town on a metered taxi is another £10 at least. I want to know where your cheap taxi comes from, it could save me a fortune!

TC cars :(

0121 770 2000 I think.

Or there's friendly cars which is 0121 779/770 2222

Thanks for that, I will try them. I think we get ripped off because the taxi drivers know that there are thousands of students wanting to get into town and that there are plenty of other fares if we say no. Bad times!

That's true lol, Im just one of those annoying folk who refuses to pay too much more going out than I did going in.

Bham would be ace purely for propganda, Im sure we could convince the celebs to join us there :( and tbf they wouldn't have to use the NEC

there's a lot of places in the city centre that could hold an event this size.... closer to town, closer to the etap hotel <3 (£38 p/night for three people :( )

Is the Etap close to Hurst Street (think that's the name) so staying there could be pretty handy. I've been wanting to go to Propaganda for ages but I don't think anybody else is as keen, have you been since it's been at Gatecrasher, if you have then I'm jealous!

Is the Etap close to Hurst Street (think that's the name) so staying there could be pretty handy. I've been wanting to go to Propaganda for ages but I don't think anybody else is as keen, have you been since it's been at Gatecrasher, if you have then I'm jealous!

Erm im not sure ive stayed there loads too lol it's where the dome used to be? Shut down now.

And yesssh I live in scotland the now, but I went home a few weeks ago and went it's amazin probs the best club ive ever been to

Well all I know about the hotel that The Hub 3 is moving to in Birmingham is that it is much bigger and there are more rooms there to a) do more stuff during the con, and ^_^ more people can stay in one venue - rather than staying in various different hotels.

I've got no idea though if they're moving any of the others.

well compared to park in the hilton is pretty pricey compared to park inn etc. but there is a holiday in express close to th nec which seems resonable but i might just live the high life for the weekend with the trumpet crew if thats the case :) Also the main reason convience

Wow thats forward planning for you! If it is to go ahead somewhere more central in the country would be nice! I'd still go but man its a long drive coming from Scotland!

Im coming from scotland too :lol: whereabouts u coming from?

I'm coming from Dumfries, just above the border :-) We drove last time so I think we'll do the same again. The drive home on the sunday was horrendous, quite busy and two extremely tired people trying to stay awake, yuck lol!

Where you coming from?

Wow thats forward planning for you! If it is to go ahead somewhere more central in the country would be nice! I'd still go but man its a long drive coming from Scotland!

Im coming from scotland too :lol: whereabouts u coming from?

I'm coming from Dumfries, just above the border :-) We drove last time so I think we'll do the same again. The drive home on the sunday was horrendous, quite busy and two extremely tired people trying to stay awake, yuck lol!

Where you coming from?

ahhh doesnt sound fun lol =[

Glasgow :wub:

Im coming from scotland too :D whereabouts u coming from?

Where you coming from?

ahhh doesnt sound fun lol =[

Glasgow :wub:

How did you travel down last time?

• Showmasters Admin

Well all I know about the hotel that The Hub 3 is moving to in Birmingham is that it is much bigger and there are more rooms there to a) do more stuff during the con, and ^_^ more people can stay in one venue - rather than staying in various different hotels.

I've got no idea though if they're moving any of the others.

The hotel is also very VERY spacious with loads of different function rooms that could be used to have signing areas set up separate to the main hall where the talks would be, and there's plenty of rooms for the 'guest encounters' etc. too plus a huge bar area with loads of seats for chilling out at. It's a great venue and with the 800 people that seem to attend the Twilight events, it might be a good idea to get that extra breathing space!!!

I honestly have no idea if there's an ET3 planned, or if it would be moved there, I'm just saying that it's a cool hotel for a con, :)

SJ

xox

Northampton .. cute?!

That's what i was thinking, that was the only sucker of et, was the location, was okay for those at the park inn we had a large collection of chavs outside our window continually and loads of road works and building sites.

Northampton was okay by day but walking back at night was scary! OK, I am a wuss but I don't like getting pestered by drunk guys, I'm just glad I didn't have to walk back alone!

I did like where the convention was as it was pretty easy to get to from where I am (only just under four hours it took) but I don't mind it moving as long as it's just as easy to get to!