ibis Hotel

geordiesharla

Hey, was just wondering if anyone who stayed there at ET1 could help me with something.

I've booked a double room (it says maximum occupancy is 3 but that would be 2 adults and 1 child) but theres me and 2 friends staying there.

Is the bed big enough for 3 of us to fit comfortably for 3 nights? Or is there a sofa or anything like that??

The website doesnt seem to have much information on, so would be great if anyone could answer this. Thanks.

you'll be lucky if they allow that, me and two mates tried for ET2 and they said they couldnt, so we had to change hotels altogether.

oooh god didnt realise theyd be strict!!

Me and 4 mates usually share a double room when we do the mcfly tour and thats usually in the hilton and stuff and they never (usually) say anything.

I was only asking cos thats usually only one night, and might get a bit uncomfortable after 3!

But thanks, good to know anyways, I'll keep in mind we need to hide!!

you'll be lucky if they allow that, me and two mates tried for ET2 and they said they couldnt, so we had to change hotels altogether.

oooh god didnt realise theyd be strict!!

Me and 4 mates usually share a double room when we do the mcfly tour and thats usually in the hilton and stuff and they never (usually) say anything.

I was only asking cos thats usually only one night, and might get a bit uncomfortable after 3!

But thanks, good to know anyways, I'll keep in mind we need to hide!!

they would not even let my daughter share a room with me and my little one. unless you can sneak in unnoticed they are relly strict

They are quite strict, we did that last time, three to a two bedroomed room. They sign you in and on the Saturday night we were at the con a man working at the hotel (very rudely) asked us for our room key cards. Luckily we managed to get away with it. We brought a blow up bed for the third person.

Most places would let you walk past without any mention, like at the Park Inn we had four people sat in my mates room and two of us were staying at the travelodge. We've got three to a double room and because all three of us are turning up at different times it's more helpful :lol:

They are quite strict, we did that last time, three to a two bedroomed room. They sign you in and on the Saturday night we were at the con a man working at the hotel (very rudely) asked us for our room key cards. Luckily we managed to get away with it. We brought a blow up bed for the third person.

did he let all three if you up with just your room cards? did you need to write down names and room numbers or did they let it pass?

if you book a family room you get a double bed and a single. You could point out it's for three adults and I can't see what the problem would be. Your all adults and if 2 want to share bed its got nothing to do with the staff. All I can say about the Northhampton one is the weekend staff don't always speak brilliant english so you'll possibly get away with it.

I know they don't speak english very well cos i spent a30 minutes this morning trying to get one of them to phone the maintance manager to authorise one of his workers ot come in and disconnect a faulty hairdryer. Bull headedness on my part won the day.

if you book a family room you get a double bed and a single. You could point out it's for three adults and I can't see what the problem would be. Your all adults and if 2 want to share bed its got nothing to do with the staff. All I can say about the Northhampton one is the weekend staff don't always speak brilliant english so you'll possibly get away with it.

I know they don't speak english very well cos i spent a30 minutes this morning trying to get one of them to phone the maintance manager to authorise one of his workers ot come in and disconnect a faulty hairdryer. Bull headedness on my part won the day.

That's what I thought, cause we have a family room :P

Eurgh, this is going to be great fun XD

its maximum 2 adults in ibis, they do check names and things on teh way in on the sat night only, although if you have a room card they tend to let you in but this plan doesnt owrk if it not a working room cardlol..( looks at stock pile of spare cards that have been picked up in past)

Hmmm... if we get stuck then we'll just have to try a different route.... sneaking in perhaps!

Previous Ibis goers!

Please tell me how you snuck in your third person if you had one ^_^

Edited by TSheep

Oh my god this may possibly be the strictest hotel ever!! They must geta lotta call girls in there for them to be like that!

Either that or theyre just mega greeedy, it should be up to us if we want to be uncomfortable!!

Well we will just have to try with the sneakiness. Could be a problem when drunk though,... :P

I just rang them and confirmed it was ok to have 2 people when I had put one on the booking form,

got a nice girl but she was you both need ID,

not sure if this is going to be a problem, Im now taking my friends 15 year old, what ID do kids have?

Need to talk to her and her mum.

we got people in through the day and they never stopped us when there was just two of us but as soon as a group of us , all of them were in the hotel anyways but they id'd everyone, they wouldnt let my bloke take me to my room even though i was ill so he only got as far as the lifts.