Hub 3 Room Discount?

Jemzamia

just checked the prices and stuff for the hilton, sweet jesus its expensive....the packages on there will still pricey as hell, think i will stay with my friend who goes to uni in brum.

gorgeous hotel showmaster but that pricey? my lord

• Showmasters Admin

The rates the shows get are VERY different to those on the website.

I remember seeing internet rates of £140+ a night the weekend of the Autographica we had there. But we had a show rate of around £78 B&B.

Edited by Too Tall

The rates the shows get are VERY different to those on the website.

I remember seeing internet rates of £140+ a night the weekend of the Autographica we had there. But we had a show rate of around £78 B&B.

Ah that's much better then! :smile: Thanks Too Tall x

I honestly don't see a problem with the rates. Twin rooms 77 GBP per room inc breakfast non-refundable (your CC gets charged in a day or two), or 82 GBP inc breakfast and you can fully cancel until the day of arrival (and you pay at checkout). That seem like very normal hotel rates to me.

Unless I just booked four (!) rooms in the wrong hotel... :P

I never saw any of those rates on the website?

Are you sure u booked the right one? lol

yeah they are the rates as ive booked them as well... for the hilton that is a good price, its because of the location...

wow wish i could afford the penthouse :) Looks amazing...

how in the world are people gettin' 77GBP!? Is there a group code released yet?? Or did you call to reserve??

Huh, I just checked, and I don't get any kind of rate anymore below 92 GBP (which is with full prepayment!). I guess the cheaper options have already gone? That would've been scarily fast...

how in the world are people gettin' 77GBP!? Is there a group code released yet?? Or did you call to reserve??

Huh, I just checked, and I don't get any kind of rate anymore below 92 GBP (which is with full prepayment!). I guess the cheaper options have already gone? That would've been scarily fast...

they may have allo gone as there are diff types of rooms... although being so close to the airport/NEC etc a lot of rooms could have already been booked by other people, and some others have been booked by people wanting to go to the con?

they may have allo gone as there are diff types of rooms... although being so close to the airport/NEC etc a lot of rooms could have already been booked by other people

I think the rates on the website work like those airplane price fighter companies: a small number of rooms (chairs) at the cheapest rate, another small number at a slightly higher rate etc.

Y'know, I was sure I booked the rooms including breakfast, but I just checked the reservations, and it doesn't say breakfast anywhere. Am a little miffed. Okay, I *was* severely migrained yesterday when I booked, so it's probably my fault, but still, annoyed. There's no way I'm gonna change the reservations to the new prices now; those are ridiculous. I hope the hotel allows people to separately buy breakfast vouchers or something like that. Or better yet, that the con organization offers a discount rate including breakfast. :D

Edited by Dallista

Well most hotels are about £50 a night or more, so £77 for a FIVE STAR hotel that is in the same building as the con really isnt that bad.

Im staying there for Midlands aswell, so I will report back in April about the quality lol

Cant wait for the hotel codes now!

ME said categorically at the weekend that if you've already booked hotel rooms for Hub 3 to cancel them as they'll sort the rate out and let everyone know when we can book. The hotel is much much bigger than the Park so there's no real worry about not getting rooms.

Does anyone know if they will have family rooms also at the special rate, as my husband said fine to me and my eldest going but as its the hilton he might as well come and chill for the weekend, also then it means i can take my youngest who loves to meet the quests but won't sit still in the talks and never lasts the night at the parties,he can have her at those times!!! :(

I can't guarantee it obviously, but having booked work conventions previously *usually* what happens is the hotel will agree a certain amount of discount off their normal rates and that can be used regardless of the type of room booked. I have come across the occasional hotel that will only discount a certain type of room but think it's very unlikely for SM to go for something like this as obviously this type of event will have people wanting various room types.

• Showmasters Admin

we are having a meeting with the hotel ion the next few days to go over all the points we need to make your stay nice

we did say DO NOT BOOK THE HOTEL TILL WE SAY SO ON HERE

please listen to this ok

we have yet to work out the rates and deal for you all so booking now wast everyones time and make our job harder to do to what till we give you all the green light there are 700 rooms as to the 110 at the park in so there is no hurry ok

JASON

SHOWMASTERS