ECLIPSE DATE

talie

We shouldn't really be surprised. Anything Summit do now comes as no shock to me. They want there pound of flesh and they are striking while the irons hot. I can understand why they need to do it, but I just think that only 7 months between release dates of NM and Eclipse will have an affect on the integrity of the movie. Also, I hope the actors don't burn out with all this pressure and promo work on top!

Edited by JaneDoe

We shouldn't really be surprised. Anything Summit do now comes as no shock to me. They want there pound of flesh and they are striking while the irons hot. I can understand why they need to do it, but I just think that only 7 months between release dates of NM and Eclipse will have an affect on the integrity of the movie. Also, I hope the actors don't burn out with all this pressure and promo work on top!

My thoughts exactly!

Twilight was filmed over a relatively short space of time....I think it was April through May. I expect they have a similar filming schedule for both New Moon and Eclispe. What bothers me is all the post production stuff. How will they be able to produce a polished, professional looking movie ? They say they aren't filming back to back so one assumes that once NM is finished filming the actors will have a short break before filming commences on Eclipse. For a decent movie to emerge, one that will appease the fandom, they have to begin filming before NM is released in the cinema's. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

I'm thinking too they must be under some pressure to keep within the whole aging, or lack of time line... Wonder if that plays a part in them filming and releasing closer together.

Although given that we can fake dinosaurs and fly to the moon, I'm sure there'd be other technical enhancements that could be used if Robert ended up looking 40 in a years time ha!... I can't see that happening :P

I'm not happy. That's the reason Catherine left in the first place isn't it, because she wanted time to do these movies the justice they deserve and now they want to rush them even more? It worries me, as it says on MTV hastily rushed sequels are the downfall of many a good movie! Fingers crossed they pull it off.

I do think it's a little fast but they're just cashing in while twilights still hot. There seems to be no middle ground having to wait years for a harry potter but barely 6 months for a twilight sequel I think a year is a nice amount of time for these kinda sequel type things

I do think it's a little fast but they're just cashing in while twilights still hot. There seems to be no middle ground having to wait years for a harry potter but barely 6 months for a twilight sequel I think a year is a nice amount of time for these kinda sequel type things

Yes there should be a middle way, HP takes way too long but 6 months ?

Catherine was right to walk - Summit are content to just churn these things out as quickly as possible, and it probably suits Rob and Kristen fine to know they can get the movies out of the way and get on with the rest of their careers. Sadly Summit know we will go and see the movie regardless of quality, even if it is only to bitch about what they got wrong :( I'm guessing Stephenie doesn't have as much say in the franchise now as she did with Catherine - they seemed to have a good relationship, so there really is noone to stop Summit from just bashing out the movies superfast and hoping that Rob looking pretty is enough to get some bums on seats. Twilight's success must have bankrolled a lot of the studios recent output, so they'll want to get the money rolling in again asap. The quality control was different with the first movie - for one thing, we had Catherine. Twilight was a bit of an unknown quantity - Summit knew they could guarantee fans of the books would go see it, but weren't sure of the cross over appeal so they tried to up the action and market the film to the widest possible audience. But the reviews were extremely mixed and in most circles the film is still regarded as purely fodder for lovelorn teens and frustrated housewifes. Which means there's now no reason for Summit to strive to deliver a movie that will stand up against other releases in the eyes of the general public, so they'll be happy just to maintain the current fanbase, which they think they can do just by releasing anything with the Twilight tag.

It's very sad - the books and the fans deserve better.

Twilight was filmed over a relatively short space of time....I think it was April through May. I expect they have a similar filming schedule for both New Moon and Eclispe. What bothers me is all the post production stuff. How will they be able to produce a polished, professional looking movie ? They say they aren't filming back to back so one assumes that once NM is finished filming the actors will have a short break before filming commences on Eclipse. For a decent movie to emerge, one that will appease the fandom, they have to begin filming before NM is released in the cinema's. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

i read online yesterday (sorry i cant remember which site i've looked at so many!) that summit are giving the cast 10 weeks off in between end of filming NM and start of filming E .

with harry potter there have been trailers like a year before or at least 6 months. but NM wont even have finished being filmed! am really worried its just gonna be rushed. i wouldnt mind waiting another 6 months for a decent film. they are only in italy for 1 week and filming in canada and oregon starts in march. they will film some scenes with taylor there whilst rob and kristen are in italy.

oh, and taylor is def doing promotion in japan. (see link below) the japanese premiere of twilight is next week. am guessing he is being made to go to the premiere with rob and kristen because he has a large role in NM. he's hardly in twilight really. all edward and bella. and rob only flew to l.a this week for the oscars. he will then go to japan then come home to london. woohoo

http://partyhopper.instyle.com/2009/02/even-though-thi.html a twilight close-up with taylor lautner

Edited by katie101

I would love them no matter what the come out as I think, although I was so dissapointed with Northen Lights there was nothing wrong with the film, it just didn't have that magic I was looking for and I HOPE that doesn't happen to New Moon! I wouldn't have said Twilight was perfect but I still loved it so i'm sure New Moon and Eclipse are going to be amazing! Then again I am easy going!

yea i agree with that completely. i love the books and the film is never gonna be as good anyway. because everyones imagnination is different. its got flaws but i still loved the film. i work in a cinema part time (i have a full time job too.. am always working!) and i get free tickets. i have lost count of how many times i saw it. every week. and now its not on any more and i have got to wait til april for the dvd. and then i will just watch it constantly whenever i'm not working.

i think even if it's rushed i will def still watch it and love it. it would have to be really crap for me not to love it. and summit can't completely ruin it..