FANFIC COMPETETION ENTRY

xVickyCullenx

This is set pre- Breaking Dawn :) Its nowhere near as good as anyone elses, but hopefully someone will get a giggle out of it.

“Edward....â€

BRIIIING

“My Edward...â€

BRIIIIIING

A loud ringing jolted me out of my dreams into reality- someone was phoning me. Looking around, I noticed that Edward was gone. I groggily picked up the phone and mumbled into it;

“Nnh.. hello?â€

“Bella!â€

“Edward?â€

“We’ve got a technology emergency..â€

I snorted. The Cullens were having issues with technology? That was new. I heard the phone shuffling, being passed to someone, and Emmett’s booming voice took over.

“It’s not funny, Bells!†He whimpered “Do you know how to work an.. whats it called... iPod Touch?â€

I thought for a second. They were the things that everyone had been carrying around lately, so no doubt the Cullens had got their hands on some top-of-the-range ones. I knew enough by watching everyone else playing around with theirs to basically work them.

“I’ll be right over, Emmett..†I yawned.

“Yay!†I heard Alice’s musical voice, “EMMETT DON’T YOU DARE BREAK THA-“ CRUNCH.

Alice started screaming at Emmett so loud and fast I could only hear a high-pitched buzzing. I put the phone down and got ready to go to my favourite family’s house- the Cullens.

--

About half an hour later, I parked my beat-up truck on the Cullens driveway and sighed. I loved my truck, but it looked so out of place alongside the modern cars the Cullens preferred. Walking up to the door, I was greeted by Edward.

“Glad you came, love. Emmett’s already pulverised his iPod thingy because he couldn’t work it, and I don’t think Rosalie will be close behind him.â€

I giggled.

“So, do you have any idea how to work this thing?†He held out a pristine new iPod Touch- just as I suspected, top-of-the-range. “In over a hundred years, I’ve managed to work all technology. Record players, jukeboxes, Walkmans, CD players... but not this.â€

I took it and started trying to figure out how to work it. Within seconds, I was listening to Clair de Lune.

“Wh-wh-HOW DID YOU DO THAT?†Edward looked amazed.

“I.. pressed the screen?†'What did he mean how? It’s simple!' I thought.

Suddenly,I had a brainwave. I walked over to the box and had a look at the instruction manual.

Alice suddenly covered her face with her hands and started giggling- apparently I was on to something.

Flicking through the booklet, something caught my eye.

“Edward...?†I signalled for him to come over.

“Yes?†He asked eagerly.

“The screen... it’s heat sensitive.â€

I heard five simultaneous crashes as Emmett threw the other iPods at a wall.

“You can keep this one, love. Don’t let Emmett get at it?†Edward pleaded

“Of course not†I grinned.

I heard the ground shaking before I saw it- Emmett wanted ALL of them broken.

I smiled broadly as Edward took me in his arms, and we ran for the iPods life.

Vicky/Victoria Coppard

Age 14 ^^

Edited by xVickyCullenx

haha it makes me wonder if jacob would melt an iPod touch

that was great :D

Never thought if Jacob could work it.. *thinks* Ooh, I'm going to have to add more chapters just to stop myself wondering! Not for the competition, though.

I was just wondering about the Cullens using them after my brother got one and I couldn't work it (I always have super-cold hands for some reason)

*dies laughing*

That was wonderful! I hadn't even though of the repercussions of being ice cold and trying to use an iPod touch! Poor Emmett...I don't imagine he'd be too pleased with being beat by a tiny little rectangle of wires and electricity.

And just so you know, I'm still giggling, so job accomplished! Your writing is just as good as everyone else who entered, and you're very creative. Don't doubt yourself!