Did Breaking Dawn need to be that Gory and graphic?

jess8619

I really didn't like Breaking Dawn but honestly the Honeymoon and Birth were vital parts. The sex was something that they had been fighting for (Bella) and against (Edward) since book 1 so the fact that they finally did and the strength Edward had to use to not kill Bella just shows the love. Ditto the birth scene - it is what they will both do for each other! :D

Not sure about a film but I think it has to be done. You can't not finish the series.

Agree that Jacob and Renesmee is wrong on so many levels!!!!!! yeash!

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really didn't like Breaking Dawn but honestly the Honeymoon and Birth were vital parts. The sex was something that they had been fighting for (Bella) and against (Edward) since book 1 so the fact that they finally did and the strength Edward had to use to not kill Bella just shows the love. Ditto the birth scene - it is what they will both do for each other! :D

Not sure about a film but I think it has to be done. You can't not finish the series.

Agree that Jacob and Renesmee is wrong on so many levels!!!!!! yeash!

except in eclipse they switch, and bellas the one who says they'll wait til they're married.

I think Breaking Dawn was great:P I mean the first part was so romantic and it was exciting!

And Jacob imprinting, that was just so cute, I mean he deserves some hapiness plus Im team Edward so it gets him out of the way ;)

When Alice left... that was the saddest part....

And about it being an adult book, theres not that much sex in it or anything.. the first time i read it i thought it was hilarious.. Bellas like " We dont sleep, tire... when does this end?" hehe:P

( Ok rambling...)

*SPOILERS BELOW*

When Breaking Dawn came out, I read it up to the middle of Jacob's bit (He's wondering why he can't imprint on Lizzie) then I gave up on it.

But last night I decided to carry on from where I was, and I've so far got to the bit where Bella is shouting at Jacob for imprinting on Renesemee.

My question is- did it really need to be that GORY? Urgh, when I was reading the birth I was on the verge of throwing up, no joke, Stabbing a needle into her heart, her back breaking, blood everywhere?!?!!? And it was described in so much DETAIL!

And, don't even get me started on the Honey Moon scene- too much information thanks! ;)

How are they going to pull it all of in the film without getting it a high age rating?

What do you guys think?

Honey, I wanted MORE of the honey moon scene, probably the best bit in the whole series! =]

Hahaa x

I want more honey moon scene as well, but I guess Stephenie wrote it the way she likes it, she writes for herself mostly after all. I think Stephenie once stated that she was aware that Breaking Dawn would not keep a low age rating like the other movies.

Breaking Dawn was a lot different from the other books yes, especially when you suddenly cannot relate to Bella anymore. It all changed, I was left with a empty feeling when the book was done, but I don't think it was bad. Not my fave, but still good.

Edited by Aakerman

I was left with a empty feeling when the book was done, but I don't think it was bad. Not my fave, but still good.

gahh thats exactly how i felt! i couldnt quite put my finger on what was bothering me though, apart from the jacob imprinting part-not that i minded it, but it was... wierd...

The change in relateability to Bella was a big thing. I wanted her to get changed so bad, I really did all along, but when it happened I couldn't picture myself as her anymore. Quite a dilemma, so it was just the way it had to be.

That and yes, the fact that it was "The end" and of course the way it ended, without a big fight. I didn't want any characters to die, but it did build up to something big and then hardly anything happened. It was a bit like getting hit in the stomach and loosing all air.

I liked it overall, but of course it was hard to realize there was no new book coming.

^^^ weren't you going to watch Tenacious D?

nope. it was on tv in the background... couldnt be bothered. what does that have to do with anything?! haha. whenever i read or hear someone say breaking dawn, i get michelle williams' "we break the dawn" in my head. :( i guess i don't like how the whole pregnancy and renesme stuff took the focus away from bella and edwards relationship. they should have had more time before all that.