RADIO 1 COMPETITION

hobbit_of_renfrewshire

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno if anyone was listening to radio1 during the week but they had a major competition to send a LOTR fan to New Zealand to the world premier of ROTK! Well on friday it was the final and I was on it live on the radio! I was so close to going to the world premier but lost! I'm so gutted and I cannot describe how down im feeling at the moment! The girl that won was called Sarah and she is extremely lucky! I even said that if I won I would have taken her with me so she wasnt disappointed but she won and now im disappointed! *SOB* does anyone want to help cheer me up?

vicky :angel:

OMG, that was you on the radio! I was listening to the comp, but as soon as Sarah had done her bit I had to leave for college so I couldn't listen to yours- my portable radio wasn't working either! So I rang my friend asking her to listen and tell me what happened. I actually wanted you to win, cos I'd been trying to get through for days and that Sarah had just been hogging the winningness so I wanted someone to be in with a chance and to take it from her. Or maybe that's just me being jealous.

Those questions about the crew were really harsh though, weren't they?

Well, better luck on the other comp!

XXX

Thanks guys! I cant help thinking all weekend "I could be in New Zealand right now" I'm really gutted about it! Thanks for saying you wanted me to win Kilteus thats really nice of you! I was stumped at the questions, it was complete guess work, I never expected them to ask a question like that and its typical I know everything else there is about LOTR!!! Oh well, I guess I'll see it soon enough! Thanks again!

Hey, that's OK! **so sorry you didn't win**. But yeah, I guess what karamel rose was saying about that after-show party is right - it would just be full of journalists and you would have hardly any time to talk to the actors. Probably have a better chance at a convention! Sarah might find herself being dissappointed.

And anyway, apart from that it's nothing that money can't buy - anyone can save up enough money and go to NZ themselves!

Are you gonna enter the comp for the London premiere?

xxxxx

Yeah Ive been trying to enter comps everywhere!!! lol! I would love to go more than anything else in the world at the moment! Have you entered any? Im taking a year out in the next couple of years and going to NZ and Australia so at least I'll get to see NZ then! Plus Ive already met Elijah, Dom and Sean at Collectormania and hopefully they will come back! *fingers crossed* Did you go to C4 will you be going to C5 or comic con?

Yeah Ive been trying to enter comps everywhere!!! lol! I would love to go more than anything else in the world at the moment! Have you entered any? Im taking a year out in the next couple of years and going to NZ and Australia so at least I'll get to see NZ then! Plus Ive already met Elijah, Dom and Sean at Collectormania and hopefully they will come back! *fingers crossed* Did you go to C4 will you be going to C5 or comic con?

Yeh, me too - I'm just so desperate to go to one of the premieres, regardless of what country it's in! Mainly cos of the fact that it's the last time we'll be able to see that group of actors together like that. I think it'd be really emotional. I mean, I know they'll see each other at conventions and stuff, but it won't be all the cast and it's not the same atmosphere.

Everyone's dressed up, they are all in a really happy mood and they are just completely enjoying themselves. And for a fan to be a part of that is amazing!

I've entered loadsa comps. Internet ones, radio ones, sending off postcard ones, telephone ones (that run up the bill and cost a fortune!) - I really hope something comes of it!

Yeh, I met the four hobbits at the past two collectormanias, it was amazing! It was so embarrassing after I hugged Lij, cos I just couldn't stop crying! **cringe** Lucky he didn't see me though. I was sooooo happy! I'm definitely going to C5, and I don't know about comic con cos it depends if they have LOTR guests or not. Are you going to both of those?

xxxxx :D

Im going to try and go to both! Luckly Ive got friends that live in london so if I go to comic con I can stay with them, so it wont cost me accomodation! :D

Your so lucky you met Billy!! *im so jealous*

I know what you mean about Elijah, I managed to meet him twice, the first day I was too nervous to ask for a hug or anything but the second day I got a hug and he signed my photo to vicky much love Elijah! I nearly died!!! Plus he said he loved my scottish accent!!! Once I left him I went round the corner jumped up and down a few times then screamed! lol! :blush:

Im going to try and go to both! Luckly Ive got friends that live in london so if I go to comic con I can stay with them, so it wont cost me accomodation! :D

Your so lucky you met Billy!! *im so jealous*

I know what you mean about Elijah, I managed to meet him twice, the first day I was too nervous to ask for a hug or anything but the second day I got a hug and he signed my photo to vicky much love Elijah! I nearly died!!! Plus he said he loved my scottish accent!!! Once I left him I went round the corner jumped up and down a few times then screamed! lol! :blush:

Oh, you're lucky having friends in London! I always have to drive (well, get driven) down to conventions there in the moring, meaning getting up ridiculously early! Although it must be a helluva drive from Glasgow to London.

I don't believe you met Elijah twice! Does that mean you went to both days at C4? What time did you have to get there? Although I guess we're even cos I met Billy twice. Didn't manage to get Lij's autograph though! I was actually in Dom's queue, but things worked out that I managed to get a piccie taken with Lij and Dom. (long story!)

Can't wait till C5!

Yeah I was there for the whole weekend, I was there for about 8am on the first day and 6am on the second! You are so lucky to get a photo with both of them!! One of the security ppl took a piccy of me talking to lij but thats all i got! YOU ARE EXTREMLEY LUCKY!!!

Dom was great too, infact the hobbits are all brilliant! I LOVE THEM ALL! :wub:

Are you all going to be listening to the report from the girl who won this morning??!!! Lucky devil :headscratch: still at least she hasn't been able to take her camera etc in with her :D

Saw some coverage on Sky News. Looks manic over there (125000 people at the red carpet parade!!)

All these winners probably won't get near the stars ;)

*Jealous* :blush:

Are you all going to be listening to the report from the girl who won this morning??!!! Lucky devil :D still at least she hasn't been able to take her camera etc in with her :P

Saw some coverage on Sky News. Looks manic over there (125000 people at the red carpet parade!!)

All these winners probably won't get near the stars ;)

*Jealous* :D

Oh, I missed her report. What did she say?

Yeah, people have been waiting outside the Wellington cinema for 3 WEEKS now! It must've been absolutely manic. How did you know she hasn't managed to take her camera in with her?

I missed the coverage on Sky News as well. Did it show any of the actors arriving? Did you see Lij? Did you?! Did you?! :D

Are you all going to be listening to the report from the girl who won this morning??!!!  Lucky devil :D  still at least she hasn't been able to take her camera etc in with her  :P

Saw some coverage on Sky News.  Looks manic over there (125000 people at the red carpet parade!!)

All these winners probably won't get near the stars  ;)

*Jealous*  :D

Oh, I missed her report. What did she say?

Yeah, people have been waiting outside the Wellington cinema for 3 WEEKS now! It must've been absolutely manic. How did you know she hasn't managed to take her camera in with her?

I missed the coverage on Sky News as well. Did it show any of the actors arriving? Did you see Lij? Did you?! Did you?! :D

She said that all cameras & mobile phones and recording equip were taken off the people going into the premiere (as the film is not officially released yet) & that she had seen the stars (but didn't mention having met any of them).

On Sky News they showed the procession outside the cinema (& I saw Lij waving at the crowd & he had an odd beige suit on). I'm sure the coverage will be on there all day anyway (I hope so cos I can't watch telly again til 7.30pm tonight ;) )

Ooooh that Sarah is soo lucky! All day I was like "The LotR premiere is happening NOW!" and then I was like "OMG.. .it's over!" and I was totally thinking about it ALL DAY!

Oooh... I want to see it.

Does anyone know any details about the UK Premiere comp on Radio1? I swear they said there was one... anyone?

I'm sure I heard something about it... There was a little bit on the website but it wasnt very clear! Hang on!

w/c December 8th

OK - so its only the UK, but its still a premiere!! You and a friend will get to attend the UK premiere of Return of the King on December 11th! All the cast and crew are coming in to town for this big day so its sure to be one of the biggest premieres of the year. And you could be there by listening to Dave Pearce all this week.

Ok - so there we go!