RADIO 1 COMPETITION

hobbit_of_renfrewshire

I dunno if anyone was listening to radio1 during the week but they had a major competition to send a LOTR fan to New Zealand to the world premier of ROTK! Well on friday it was the final and I was on it live on the radio! I was so close to going to the world premier but lost! I'm so gutted and I cannot describe how down im feeling at the moment! The girl that won was called Sarah and she is extremely lucky! I even said that if I won I would have taken her with me so she wasnt disappointed but she won and now im disappointed! *SOB* does anyone want to help cheer me up?

vicky :blink:

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dunno if anyone was listening to radio1 during the week but they had a major competition to send a LOTR fan to New Zealand to the world premier of ROTK! Well on friday it was the final and I was on it live on the radio! I was so close to going to the world premier but lost! I'm so gutted and I cannot describe how down im feeling at the moment! The girl that won was called Sarah and she is extremely lucky! I even said that if I won I would have taken her with me so she wasnt disappointed but she won and now im disappointed! *SOB* does anyone want to help cheer me up?

vicky :blink:

That was you?!?!?!?

You do have an accent dont you! :D

yeah it was me, I know my accent sucks! Glaswegian accents always stand out! I couldnt believe I actually got through though! I REALLY wanted to go so badly!

aww im sorry U didnt win! I did think that the sarah girl had deserved it cos she had stayed on all the days...But I duno....aww...that sucks!

I know I thought she deserved it too, to be fair! Thats why I said to radio 1 that if I won the prize that I would have taken her with me! None of my friends or family here in scotland are big fans of the film and I'd would have rathered taken someone who is as mad as me! lol!

Cant wait to see the film though, I'm going to a special screening at the UGC in Glasgow on tuesday 16th, it the fellowship and two towers extended versions and then at midnight its the return of the king!!!! I'm so excited!!

Do you think any of the cast will come to C5 or comic con?

Well we were all trying to get through too! You're just the lucky one that did! How long did you have to phone up for? And what time did you start phoning? - I'm getting all the help I can for next weeks comp - its to win tickets to the London Prem right?

same he he..and im in exams some of the days! Uh ohhhh! I so badly want to go to the london prem.....*Thinks* Must win tickets....Must win tickets!

You should see my entry for the Newsround comp... I'm sending it in via post and I've decorated it with TONS of LotR pics! And I've even written my entry on LotR paper!! lol! I'm hoping it will stand out :)

Awww...Im boring u see....I just entered via internet :blink:

yeah I think it is next week, that the london poremier comp takes place! Do you know if it is on the breakfast show is it it another one? I tried phoning on the Tuesday and wednesday but it was useless, I couldnt get through, it kept saying call back later! so on the thurs, when all hope was nearly gone, I sent in a txt saying I was a HUGE fan and how badly I wanted this prize! Then 10mins later I got a phone call from radio 1 asking me a few questions like why I am a fan and how many times I have seen the films etc. Then they said they would call me back in the next 30 mins if I was to go on air and they did! I was completely shocked and felt extremely lucky!! They told me to try the other comps and maybe I would one of them, they were very nice!

yeah I think it is next week, that the london poremier comp takes place! Do you know if it is on the breakfast show is it it another one? I tried phoning on the Tuesday and wednesday but it was useless, I couldnt get through, it kept saying call back later! so on the thurs, when all hope was nearly gone, I sent in a txt saying I was a HUGE fan and how badly I wanted this prize! Then 10mins later I got a phone call from radio 1 asking me a few questions like why I am a fan and how many times I have seen the films etc. Then they said they would call me back in the next 30 mins if I was to go on air and they did! I was completely shocked and felt extremely lucky!! They told me to try the other comps and maybe I would one of them, they were very nice!

Wow...thats a good tip for us! Thanks...Im gona try the text thing...Its on the Jo whiley show...starting the 8th..the show is 10 - 12 45pm ....Anyone wins they can take me! :lol:

yeah I think it is next week, that the london poremier comp takes place!  Do you know if it is on the breakfast show is it it another one?  I tried phoning on the Tuesday and wednesday but it was useless, I couldnt get through, it kept saying call back later! so on the thurs, when all hope was nearly gone, I sent in a txt saying I was a HUGE fan and how badly I wanted this prize!  Then 10mins later I got a phone call from radio 1 asking me a few questions like why I am a fan and how many times I have seen the films etc.  Then they said they would call me back in the next 30 mins if I was to go on air and they did!  I was completely shocked and felt extremely lucky!!  They told me to try the other comps and maybe I would one of them, they were very nice!

Wow...thats a good tip for us! Thanks...Im gona try the text thing...Its on the Jo whiley show...starting the 8th..the show is 10 - 12 45pm ....Anyone wins they can take me! :lol:

Yeah!! Thanks for the tip! I'll be there with my mobile! I'll probably fall asleep though... I'll have to drink LOADS of coffee! Thats what I did when we sat and watched LotR all night last week!!!! lol! It works!

if I win any tickets tish tosh I will take you! As I dont know any other huge LOTR fans like myself except for everyone on this forum!

Awww sweet thanks! :D Ur the first person thats said they would take me if they won *Hugs*...I wouldnt take any of my friends either.....If I won either my mum would make me take her lol or I'd take a forum member off of here! Some are a bit too crazy tho for me and some are not crazy enough! :lol:

I've entered a few online... but I can't remember where... I did a search on Google - so try that! All my friends are HUGE LotR fans - I think I've encouraged them... so I probably wouldn't be able to take someone from the forum or else they'd KILL ME! Saying that... their parents might not let them go... Muwahahaha! or "Sorry, I only got one ticket..."