Sci Fi

bunnycure

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The redband trailer for The Mutant Chronicles came out... This looks awesome :D

was that not out in the end of october, i remember wanting to see it but it only lasted like a week in the cinema

is it getting a re-reales?

(forgot to say as well scapey, i may have a great idea for the show that you may be up for, i'll email you later with the idea once i thought of everything)

Edited by yesindeed

Hi Colin,

Registered on The Mercs Site :)

cool what user name didi you use and have you posted in the identify you're self thread and on the Vok'Chi board

Hi,

My username is femmando havent posted any posts yet though, i will have to introduce myself :D , i sent you a wee email a few days ago :) i looked at all the cool photos and the costumes are great, saw your pic :) very cool, i love all the different costume variations. Hope your doing good, Chat Soon.:D

Mel

The redband trailer for The Mutant Chronicles came out... This looks awesome :D

was that not out in the end of october, i remember wanting to see it but it only lasted like a week in the cinema

is it getting a re-reales?

(forgot to say as well scapey, i may have a great idea for the show that you may be up for, i'll email you later with the idea once i thought of everything)

I await your mail with great interest :)

SF is my favourite genre and I particularly like intelligent sf that makes me think about society, the human condition and has some kinda social commentary. I like the whole dystopian post-apocalyptic stuff too.

Alien 1-3

Predator 1&2

Robocop (I love the repressed robot in search of humanity concept)

The Terminator 1&2

The Thing

Escape From New York & LA (I love the whole post apocalytic/outside-world concept)

They Live (I love the properganda/elitest thing)

Star Wars OT (although they are more fantasy rather than SF proper)

Mad Max 2

Total Recall (I love the whole memory implant, double life thing)

Planet of the Apes (I love the whole alternate universe/time-line thing)

The Time Machine (as above)

Back to the Future 1+2 (as above. Pt 2 is the greatest film ever made about time travel)

Starship Troopers (I love the whole properganda-fascism thing)

Spaceballs (its not strictly sf though but hella funny)

The Running Man (I love the whole properganda-fascism thing)

The Island (I love the whole human cloning identity thing)

My favourite "friendly" alien movie is Starman.

Edited by nicky

There's a Planet Of The Apes remake?

There's a new POTA movie in delelopment too due in 2011 based on Conquest of... and set in LA. Its currently titled, "Caesar" or "Planet of the Apes: Genesis".

Edited by nicky

Thats my fave kinda Sci Fi too, you didnt mention Equilibrium though, its one of my faves, have you seen it?

Yes, I think Equilbrium is a great story and idea, I love the whole Big Brother/1984 thing. Its very interesting but it's not a favourite of mine - the bleakness and cold-feeling of it gets to me and I find it "uncomfortable" to watch. Kinda same with Blade Runner... . They're great concepts but not entertaining which is why I love The Island - great concept and great entertainment at the same time.

Demolition Man is another interesting one - the idea that society has become utopia but there still exists a community that lives in their own version of utopia underground. Kinda like Escape From LA - there's that "freedom away from the outside-word" thing going on. In Demolition Man I wish they played upon that stuff more in the film rather than the Sly vs Wesley action-fest.

Farenheit 451 is another film I find a fascinating concept about the future which I still havent seen. Mel Gibson was meant to remake it years ago but dunno what happened.

The Matrix was a brilliant concept too - too bad it was so complicated at first and boring. Again, it was bleak.

Bicentennial Man and AI: Artificial Intelligence are also great robot stories like Robocop about how they adapt to human life and fend for themselves. They are entertaining too but not all that well directed IMO. Robocop though is - it disguises itself cleverly as a comic-book shoot 'em up but below the surface its about repression and re-discovering oneself - it has heart.

Edited by nicky

Hi Nicky,

I Loved The Island too, found it a very interesting concept and you really feel for the characters, they are like children having to learn all about the "outside" world for the first time.

The matrix was a bit too complex for me too.

I loved the concept of Equilibrium, how society would be if we could turn off our emotion, when our ability to feel is the whole essence of our humanity.

Still think The Omega Man is a classic.

Really Enjoyed I Am Legend with Will Smith, have you seen it?

Mel

Ps Starman always makes me shed a tear

Edited by ClaireRedfield

I saw The Omega Man a few years ago but didnt like it.

I Am Legend was great for the 1st half but was kinda messed up after that. I'd read the book a couple times at the same time as when I first saw Omega Man. I didnt mind the changes in IAL as I knew they had to make it more accessible to audinces but I would have preferred if they kept Neville as the pro-active vampire hunter rather than a man who just simply avoids them. I am looking fwd to the prequel though and hopefully there be more of that vampire hunting action going on. I wish Arnie and Ridley Scott made the film back circa 1998 though like they planned to before the budget escalated. I'd been waiting for IAL to be made ever since then.

I told Karen Allen at CM that Starman was a great film that managed to make one cry and laugh at the same time. A sequl was planned she said but the rights to who actually owned the film complicated things and stopped it. A TV show that was also a sequel was madfe though a few years later, never sen it but heard it was good but lasted only couple seasons.

I havent seen Gattaca but heard its good and also about cloning like The Island. I guess I should seek it out. The 6th Day was a good coloning idea too but the film itself sucked.

Edited by nicky

I saw The Omega Man a few years ago but didnt like it.

I Am Legend was great for the 1st half but was kinda messed up after that. I'd read the book a couple times at the same time as when I first saw Omega Man. I didnt mind the changes as I knew they had to make it more accessible to audinces but I would have preferred if they kept Neville as the pro-active vampire hunter rather than a man who just simply avoids them. I am looking fwd to the prequel though and hopefully there be more of that vampire hunting action going on. I wish Arnie and Ridley Scott made the film back circa 1998 though like they planned to before the budget escalated. I'd been waiting for IAL to be made ever since then.

I told Karen Allen at CM that Starman was a great film that managed to make one cry and laugh at the same time. A sequl was planned she said but the rights to who actually owned the film complicated things and stopped it. A TV show that was also a sequel was madfe though a few years later, never sen it but heard it was good but lasted only couple seasons.

anyone saw I Am Omega? it was a straight to dvd that came out at the same time as ledgend

hi greg

i've got "i am omega" on dvd it's a really good low budget movie mark dacascos is really good in it,he was also good in the crow tv series :D i've seen all of the asylum mockbusters have you seen some of the other one's :D

Edited by carnosoul

hi greg

i've got "i am omega" on dvd it's a really good low budget movie mark dacascos is really good in it,he was also good in the crow tv series :D i've seen all of the asylum mockbusters have you seen some of the other one's :D

seen some but i really like Dacascos, i like to say that "there is no come back to a kick in the shin", if you have seen Dacascos in Brotherhood of the Wolf you'll know what i'm talking about

hi greg

he was really great in "brotherhood of the wolf" the fight scenes was cool in that movie,i got a personalised signed photo from him a few years ago that says to bryan aloha mark dacascos,his other good movies was "crying freeman" and "drive"have you seen them :D

Edited by carnosoul

I know it's not a show (well, there's a movie and a couple of mini series) but I've started reading Dune. It is freakin awesome.

I thought the movie was meant to be re-made at one stage, dunno if there's still plans.

you are correct sir

it is in development just now

Pete Berg is attached to direct (Hanncock, Smockin Aces, Collateral)

and a newbie writing the script

they are looking for a 2010 reales, if i happen to bump into anyone involved in the film when i go to San Diego in july this year i'll post it up

Edited by yesindeed