COUPLE OF QUESTIONS

ok, i need assistance with 2 things if someone would be so kind, again, apologies if this has been covered elsewhere

Firstly, what is parking like? I got the train last time as my car broke just before i was due to leave so fingers crossed that doesnt happen again i will be driving.

I know there is a car park at the hotel but is it just for people staying there? If not, any idea on charges? IF so where else can i park??

Secondly, last time, i got there Friday evening and collected my registration pack. This time id like to see Rancid in London on the Friday night so can i collect my pack Saturday morning instead??

Thanks everyone and anyone

paul

Ok well I can help with the parking as I drove last year and stayed at the Ibis. The Park Inn hotel is for guests only, I do believe there were some sneaky folk last year who parked there when they weren't staying, but you are not supposed to and run the risk of getting clamped or something.

There is a multi storey pay car park literally just opposite, which I just looked up the costs from an inquiry I made last year...

Sol Central Car Park:

0800- 1800- 60 p per hour, maximum charge £4.00

1800- 0800- 50 p per hour, maximum overnight charge £5.00

On Saturday only: up to 2 hours £1.50, up to 4 hours £3.00, up to 6 hours £5.00, over 6 hours £10.00

The second part of your question... I am sure that it's quite usual to do that, but I don't want to say yes as well I'll leave it to someone who knows better :YAHOO: LOL See Too Tall must of heard me type :D

Edited by such_jaunt

yeah with the car thing i stayed at park inn for both eclipse and lockdown, at eclipse they took car details and gave me a card to get out at lockdown they didn't do either so :S and the barrier was up monday morning i just drove out but at eclipse they gave me a card to use for the barrier to get out

I emailed the Park Inn ages ago, they told me that its free parking if you are staying at the hotel, or £10 a day if you are not, but they have limited spaces and can't guarantee there being any spaces for non-residents.

I parked in the sol centre last time I was there and the most it cost me was £6.

• Showmasters Admin

I can't seem to find this anywhere but what time does the reg desk open on saturday.

It was on the schedule, and will on the ones at the show, but appears to have be cropped off in the one posted.

It's open from 8am on Saturday.