Heathrow Bedrooms @ Thistle

HB82

Hi all,

I sent an e-mail to londonheathrow@thistle.co.uk and got a reply from Preeti letting me know the rates and everything. I then rang 0208 624 4004 and spoke to Linda who made my booking for me and sent me an e-mail confirming everything.

They were both real helpful. Looking to get my convention ticket now. hope that goes as smoothly.

:headscratch:

wicked!

i really need to book mine...but need to double check with friends first...

and also need a price for triple room...anyone got a clue about that yet?

x

i think you may be out of luck on triples, we booked our room straight away and told there were no triples left as they only have a few of these anyway , we had to go and book 2 twins in the end and hope someone can share come next year.

i would get the hotel booked asap though as i know the rooms were very full when i booked for a couple of friends last week as lots of people have booked the hotel first.

Edited by buffy2k

Just booked a triple room for me and my two friends :poki:

thursday 29th Oct - 2nd Nov :P nice long weeked!

was £90 per night. not bad :P

wooop!

x

Yeah we wanted to book a triple too but they dont really do them at the thistle its just a z bed they put in the rooms and as they are already small its gonna be really cramped if you have costumes and lots of luggage to bring, i've seen this done before there, they just put all 3 together so there is no room to walk you have to walk over the bed to get anywhere.

They only have one official triple room which really does have 3 proper beds i have checked again today. You would think as they do a lot of conventions they would think about doing more as they would make more money surely from the extra people. It also means if there are 3 of you that you'd have to book two twins and pay the extra unless you can find a spare person to share with.

They used to do proper triple rooms at the thistle, two beds and a sofa bed, tons of room and a separate wardrobe/dressing area. They were in the block to your left as you enter the hotel. The first time I stayed at thistle I stayed in one of those with two friends and it was the same price as a twin room.

They have since stopped doing them, I have no idea what happened to the larger rooms as I always request a ground floor room in the main building now.

Must remember to book my room for this tomorrow.

cider i think the rooms that you had were in the separate bit opposite the main reception, across the car park. the reason these are not around now is because that block was made into offices (i believe that is the head office for the thistle chain now)

those were awesome rooms! its a shame they arent around anymore

ummm not sure on the email confirmation if you booked via the internet i would have thought you would get something.....

fyi if you dont want to live on macdonalds!!

if you turn immediately left out of the hotel and walk down the road for about 10 minutes into the village there is a pub that serves nice food, it is quite small though so be warned.

if you turn right out of the hotel and then right onto the main road there is a chinese - it does both eat in and take out (apprently if you eat in you have to spend £10 or more on food per person) and with the take out you have to spend over £10 if you want to pay by card.

tbh the hotel menu int bad and its not too bad a price for london :)

There's also a garage near McDonalds that sells sandwiches and pasties and the like (and alcohol).

The last few cons I have been to at the Thistle they have done special buffet type meal deals for con attendees in the evenings, and also put sandwiches and snacks on during the day.

It's got a lot more con-friendly in the last year or so.