Things we'd like to see at Hub 2...

du_berg

I've been talking to loads of people and there have been some suggestions for stuff we'd like in an ideal situation. So I thought I'd start a post with the things I've heard and people can add to it, that way maybe some can be taken on board!?!?

Ok, here's what I've got...

• Weevil Guys
  • Weevils in costume for photo's
  • Lachlan
  • Plush Weevils (There's a lot of talk on this... we all want one!)

Any other ideas???

I'm not particularly excited at the prospects of weevils but I think it would be nice to have some behind the scenes people at the next event. How about the writers? I know the traditional view is that people prefer to see the on-camera talent but the writers went down a storm at a previous non SM event.

Writers like James Moran or Joseph Lidster would be great.

i would love a plush weevil that would be cool.

the blowfish as well.

I would love it if they had the SUV there, like in the middle of the floor where the big bar is, wouldnt need to have it there all weekend but for a few hours perhaps, that would be so cool.

Get some cybermen there..hehe oh and Lisa, just for gareth lol

Edited by Steff_staffy

i'd like the main characters back but different behind the scenes people, i'm all for weevils but if you have the same guests everytime there's not really alot of difference i agree iwth the writers idea, how about someone like noel clarke who writes and acts??

i like the idea of the suv though great idea would like that very much, at some dr who events they have the TARDIS you can have pictures taken with perhaps a similar thing with the suv would be quite cool

Edited by thewhiteladyofrohan

The Return of Ian Hilditch sounds like an ace idea - he was a brilliant guest!

With an individual photo shoot !

Haha ive got his signed energy drink can on my desk :blink:

Also the SUV would be amazing !

The Return of the Barrowman!

The Return of the Weevils!

weevil/blowfish costumes - with a weevil talk, headed by andy jones "life in latex"

:thumbup:

murray gold

behind the scenes people

russel

teradactyle

cyberwoman

ARE THESE POSSIBLE?

Add Ben Foster as well, he did most of the TW soundtrack...

Teradactyle., is abit unrealesic sorry, unless the bring the stick with the ball with a face on it with them, and then you can imagine the Teradactyle flying...Ok maybe that answer didnt help! lol

Blue Gillespie would be interesting but I suspect Gareth would be a lot less accessible to the attendees at the evening parties if his friends were with him - guess people will need to decide if that's a trade off they're happy with.

But I would definitely like to see some behind the scenes people and apart from the return of Gareth and Kai different guests - if you have the same guests at every event it becomes staid and boring.

But I would definitely like to see some behind the scenes people and apart from the return of Gareth and Kai different guests - if you have the same guests at every event it becomes staid and boring.

I completely and utterly agree with this. The guests were all fantastic this time, but I'd like to meet more of the people involved with the show rather than see the same faces over and over again. Main cast excepted, of course.

Blue Gillespie would be interesting but I suspect Gareth would be a lot less accessible to the attendees at the evening parties if his friends were with him - guess people will need to decide if that's a trade off they're happy with.

It's a good point about Blue Gillespie, personally thats one of the reasons I'm not so keen on them being there and from what I've heard his band mates don't get the whole Torchwood fandom thing anyway. I think it might be a distraction. IMO conventions & gigs should be kept separate.

Again just my opinion but Gareth could always get up and sing without the band there if he so wishes (he did a good job of it on the Sunday), so could Kai for that matter (and any of the other guests who might feel like singing ):(

Edited by grasshopper

lol yeah i was one who had my pic with the land rover outside, it was amusing.

woo glad everyone is going for the SUV idea and i definatly want ian hilditch back and with a photoshoot for sure.

cant wait to see kai again bless his soul

The SUV would be amazing! There was a very similar lookinmg Range Rover parked outside the Park Inn and I noticed a few people having their photos taken with it. So to have the real one would be...wow!

Me and my friends saw this, took photos of it too :D

G x

JB again, oh my god, i would love to have him again, he's such a great leader on stage, and what a chemistry with Gareth, Naoko and Kai, that was fabulous .....

We need John again ..........

and i would love to have the Blue Gillespie one evening, that would be awesome.

Re: Blue Gillespie

I've never heard 'em live, so I'm all for having a gig at one of the parties.

If it's true that the other guys in the band aren't in on the whole Torchwood phenomena, then their attendance could be a bit problematic...

But, we'll know more later on...

Again just my opinion but Gareth could always get up and sing without the band there if he so wishes (he did a good job of it on the Sunday), so could Kai for that matter (and any of the other guests who might feel like singing ):dance:

I remember being in a gig in Cardiff, where the main "attraction" suddenly went and got the "warm-up" performer on stage...

then they started just to play their guitars and voilá in came Gareth, singing his heart out.

Those two have performed/tried to perform...

(and get your minds off the gutter right this instant!!! I'm talking about singing and playing the guitar, nothing else) :D

a couple of times after that, so maybe that'd work...

-mts.tyra, the one who loves all kinds of music