Movie Premieres...

Carlistara

I asked the UK Distributor re a UK Premier, and got a reply which said they have a release date of 19th December but as yet they haven't confirmed if there will be a UK Premier.

They also said they would be intouch if anything is announced.

Fingers Crossed &

Edited by kegan5

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I asked the UK Distributor re a UK Premier, and got a reply which said they have a release date of 19th December but as yet they haven't confirmed if there will be a UK Premier.

They also said they would be intouch if anything is announced.

Fingers Crossed &

I really do hope we get one - what an awesome way for most of us to meet too!!!!

My friend is being flown to LA for the premiere there and she said they have nothing at all planned for the UK....no fair but they could still change their minds I guess.

Edited by JaneDoe

I would take a guess and say if they believe holding a premier in London is feasible then they will, fingers crossed I guess.

There are usually still screenings before the films are released just maybe no "proper" premier.

Still the meet ups people are talking about could take place at a screening, sites like see film first often send out free screening tickets to new films :)

Whut! I was really looking forward to fangirling it up at a London premiere.

So were myself and timpe.

I was already planning my ensemble and everything. Plus it was our backup plan to see Rob if he doesn't come to the con.

Would contacting the UK distributor help at all?

Would contacting the UK distributor help at all?

I think their office is only a few minutes' walk from mine, so I volunteer to protest outside one lunchtime with a banner :D

You should drop in with some chocolate brownies and a begging letter.

I also heard it from someone who was in contact with the distributor... And I've been asking a few people and no one could help me as they didn't know anything about it either, so well.

Was so sad when I found out! I kind of had been planning to travel to London, to go to the premiere (to wait outside) Wanted to catch a glimpse of Rob *lol* If I had money & time, I would have gone to Rome btw whaha. But I found out a bit too late, if I had known this like a month earlier, I'm quite sure I would have ended up in Rome next week :blink: ... Yeah, well sometimes I do crazy things for my fandoms *lol* But I never regretted anything I did!

Oh well, fingers crossed Rob comes to this event :D hehe *keeps dreaming*. Also if they are going to film the other books *hopefully* then we might get a London premiere some day! I always try to keep looking at the bright side of life. Not much else we can do, right?

Was so sad when I found out! I kind of had been planning to travel to London, to go to the premiere (to wait outside) Wanted to catch a glimpse of Rob *lol* If I had money & time, I would have gone to Rome btw whaha. But I found out a bit too late, if I had known this like a month earlier, I'm quite sure I would have ended up in Rome next week :YAHOO: ... Yeah, well sometimes I do crazy things for my fandoms *lol* But I never regretted anything I did!

Same here on all counts.

Really disappointing if the UK premiere doesn't come off - Catherine Hardwicke said on one of the MTV Twilight Tuesdays that she was "sure" there would be one, so it must have been on the cards at one time. It certainly seems to be a big enough release for one, and with HP not being released this winter you would think that the cinema would be looking for something to take that place.

I haven't seen a petition anywhere on line, so wondering who we can hassle :D

Of course if Rob would just come to ET, we could stop stressing about the premiere and know we are going to see him.

Edited by timpe

The UK distributors have been really nice. This is just one email I recieved on the premiere subject...

Hi Elaine,

There is no confirmed date for a UK Premiere at this time but as I’m sure you know the film is being released on December 19.

If you go to the official bebo page www.bebo.com/twilightmovie then this is the place to keep up to date with all the latest info and we will soon be running a competition to meet the cast at an exclusive screening of the film.

Don’t worry, it won’t be long until everyone in the UK will know about Twilight!

Thanks for your support

Best

Tristan

Watch out for the competition!

• 3 weeks later...

Hey all I don't know if this is up anywhere else but I was having a look around MTV and stumbled across this:

http://www.mtv.co.uk/channel/mtvuk/competi...remiere-tickets

Win a pair of TWILIGHT UK PREMIERE tickets!

Answer our question and you could see the film alongside the sexy, gorgeous cast….

To celebrate the release of the highly anticipated movie TWILIGHT - the ultimate forbidden love affair between a Vampire and a mortal – MTV is offering you a chance to win a pair of premiere tickets in London’s Leicester Square.

Based on the worldwide best selling novel by Stephenie Meyer, you could see the film before everyone else – in the company of the film's stars.

When Bella (Kristen Stewart) arrives in Forks, Washington she meets the mysterious and dazzlingly beautiful Edward Cullen (Robert Pattinson).

Soon the pair are swept up in a passionate and decidedly unorthodox romance.

Edward can run faster than a mountain lion, he can stop a moving car with his bare hands - and he hasn’t aged since 1918.

Like all Vampires, he’s immortal.

But what will they do when Vampires James (Cam Gigandet), Laurent and Victoria come to town, looking for Bella?

Twilight will be released in the UK 19th December – but if you answer our question correctly you might be one of the lucky ones who will attend the London premiere on December 3rd.

Good luck!

Twilight features the forbidden love between Bella and a…. :

Vampire

Warewolf

Mummy

Guess there will be an officail premiere afterall.

Good luck to all who enter.

Luv & Hugs

Tara

I'm sure the date of December 3rd is correct if you have it from the MTV website, BUT that date is not confirmed by any of the Entertainment Media info sites yet.

I've not had a Press release from any of the 3 main PR Companies who handle the London Premieres, nor is it yet on the City of Westminster website, which is another source to look at (they have to get council permission to hold a Premiere).

So for the moment just cross your fingers and hold your breath

I'm sure the date of December 3rd is correct if you have it from the MTV website, BUT that date is not confirmed by any of the Entertainment Media info sites yet.

I've not had a Press release from any of the 3 main PR Companies who handle the London Premieres, nor is it yet on the City of Westminster website, which is another source to look at (they have to get council permission to hold a Premiere).

So for the moment just cross your fingers and hold your breath

I too am sceptical since I haven't had notification from official sources yet.

Perhaps this is the press screening?

Edited by JaneDoe