Latest Guest Announcement: Sara Lloyd Gregory

showmasters

Am i going to be the only one who is not impressed by this guest announcement....after all those months of waiting this is who we get...ok she may be a good actress but come on...she was in one episode of Torchwood...she was a minor character and she hasn't been mentioned anymore throughout the series....i was at least expecting Gareth David Lloyd because it will not be a convention without this man...and at least Eve Myles or Burn Gorman...main characters...those that make the show what it is and at least some forms of writers for the show. So far the only ones worht coming to see will be John, Naoko, Kai and Paul...people who make the show. Sorry if it offends anyone but i'm airing my feelings.

Am i going to be the only one who is not impressed by this guest announcement....after all those months of waiting this is who we get...ok she may be a good actress but come on...she was in one episode of Torchwood...she was a minor character and she hasn't been mentioned anymore throughout the series....i was at least expecting Gareth David Lloyd because it will not be a convention without this man...and at least Eve Myles or Burn Gorman...main characters...those that make the show what it is and at least some forms of writers for the show. So far the only ones worht coming to see will be John, Naoko, Kai and Paul...people who make the show. Sorry if it offends anyone but i'm airing my feelings.

I too was a little disapointed with this announcement. I'm sure she's very nice and a good actress but appeared once in Torchwood and thats all I know her from. But there is still time for Eve and Gareth to be announced. I still haven't given up hoping. :P

No you are not alone. The new guests are fine, but I hope we will still get GDL, I really really want to see GDL and JB on stage together in the UK and I would have thought this would be the place to do it.. I have every faith in Showmasters though that they are working to get him and that despite Sara and GDL perhaps not being a great combination as persephone1 said, that all is not lost on this one. (maybe saving the best until last SM?)

Edited by catfish

Man you like to whine you got 5 guests we have 2 for E2 you have John B hes the main guy you can't get better than that. Do you really think there gunna get all of the main cast? (they may) BUT if they do there will be no need for a second one. Be grateful you have 3 major cast members.

Man you like to whine you got 5 guests we have 2 for E2 you have John B hes the main guy you can't get better than that. Do you really think there gunna get all of the main cast? (they may) BUT if they do there will be no need for a second one. Be grateful you have 3 major cast members.

Not at all. I'm perfectly happy with the guests announced. Nothing wrong with suggesting others though. I'd like to see John and GDL on stage together..no harm in asking. If we don't get, we don't get.

Edited by catfish

I would love to see John and Gareth together too but it's gotta be Gareth and Kai....now i know for a fact that Gareth has huge amounts of respect for Kai so come on SM please...i'll get down on my knees and beg if we can have GDL....i want to hope for him but then again if i hope and it doesn't happen i will get crushed....the fact that it's Torchwood should mean all the main characters....and those that have made an impact which is why Matt Rippy can be given leway here...although he wasn't a main character he is still an integral part of Captain Jack's history...if we end up with minor characters to make up the rest i won't be impressed....i think the only minor characters worthwhile of having in attendance will be Matt Rippy, Tom Price and the guy who played Gray....all are enverloped in Torchwood history to a deep degree. I for one will hope too that this new guest announcement will not infringe upon GDL if he attends (praying).

I'm not disappointed with Sara being announced - she's a very nice guest - I thought she was fabulous in the episode and personally I'm happy to see anyone who has appeared in Torchwood be that for one episode or several.

But it will be an absolute killer if her announcement means that we don't get Gareth because of the awkwardness of them being at the same event.

I had really hoped that Showmasters would be able to pull it off by getting John and Gareth together at a weekend convention - that would have been a real coup. Still hopeful that they can pull it off but it seems less likely now.

This isn't about comparing who has who at what conventions....yes we have JB and believe me i'm grateful for that as the guy is awesome and highly friendly and i'm grateful for Kai and Nakao and Paul....never once did i say i'm not grateful and i think you will find alot of the others never said they weren't grateful either. We are all entitiled to express our opinions and just because i'm not happy with one guest doesn't give you the right to say we moan alot.

And i'm sure that a few Trchwood fans will also correct you on saying that JB is the main guy....yes he has a huge fanbase but so the heck does GDL,,,,if not slightly bigger...so it depends on which fan you are talking too...some will tell you JB and some will tell you otherwise.

Nothing ventured, nothing gained. I see nothing wrong with people asking for what they'd like to see.

*shrugs* I dunno. Personally, I won't start telling people to be grateful for what they've got until there's no longer time to whine, cajole, beg or ask for more stuff. Of course, that's because I'm an opportunist, and the whining, begging and cajoling of others often gets me more of what I want, even if I didn't know I wanted it. :P

If you want more main guests I suggest you spread the word and get it sold out then SM have more money to get "better" guests.

Not sure what's wrong with thanking SM for the guests they've announced but politely encouraging them towards other guests )I don't think anyone said better guests). SM have always been very encouraging of requests and ideas in my experience..and I was always told a polite request costs nothing and if it gets turned down, well so be it. If we don't ask how will SM necessarily know what the fans/some of the fans/whatever would like? I prefectly understand it may not be possible and yes its a great line up anyway.

Oh and I have been roping people in as best I can.

I'm not disappointed with Sara being announced - she's a very nice guest - I thought she was fabulous in the episode and personally I'm happy to see anyone who has appeared in Torchwood be that for one episode or several.

But it will be an absolute killer if her announcement means that we don't get Gareth because of the awkwardness of them being at the same event.

I had really hoped that Showmasters would be able to pull it off by getting John and Gareth together at a weekend convention - that would have been a real coup. Still hopeful that they can pull it off but it seems less likely now.

While I won't say "Don't worry", as I'd then have to disappear in a puff of logic, I do tend to think that it's a bit too early to give up or speculate on this, just yet. So many of us are so anxious to see Gareth there (and I'm very firmly in that group) that this announcement may strike us oddly, but such situations happen often in performance circles, and professional actors often deal with these personal issues for the sakes of their careers and their fans. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I'm still hopeful. :P

While I won't say "Don't worry", as I'd then have to disappear in a puff of logic, I do tend to think that it's a bit too early to give up or speculate on this, just yet. So many of us are so anxious to see Gareth there (and I'm very firmly in that group) that this announcement may strike us oddly, but such situations happen often in performance circles, and professional actors often deal with these personal issues for the sakes of their careers and their fans. Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but I'm still hopeful. :P

I'm hopeful too. Stranger things happen at sea as the saying goes. I have every faith in Jason and his team that they will try and pull it off...and if they don't they don't. Lots of good guests anyway (but still keeping all my bits crossed for GDL)