Red Dwarf

gebes

At a Sunday-night event celebrating the 20th anniversary of Seattle PBS affiliate KTSC-TV, Robert Llewellyn, who played the android Kryton, apparently disclosed that the BBC would shoot a one-hour “Red Dwarf†special in October.

The last episode of "Red Dwarf" aired in Britain April 5, 1999.

There does'nt appear to be much more information than the above, but thought I'd put it out there, to see if anyone here has heard anything.

Oooh, I hope it answers the rather random s8 ending!!

Definately, I'd heard that the film (that we're not getting) wasn't going to answer it and not follow on from the series.

Still can't find an official annnouncement, though thought I might since Jonesy said it'd been confirmed by the BBC, but on Wikipedia it says:

"In August 2008, Robert Llewellyn told a Canadian television station that BBC Worldwide and co-producer had commissioned a one-off special to be released on DVD in 2009."

...but we knew that anyway (apart from a DVD release in 2009) and Wikipedia is hardly the most reliable source :no:

Edited by Christoff

Source? :D

Well, the answer is in the post..the BBC. If you need to know exactly where so you can check my information then try Ceefax and Teletext who have it both. Do you want the page numbers as well? That do you, or do you want me to get a photo of the Ceefax/Teletext page and post it? Or, do I need to come round and pick up your remote control and get the page up for you? :no:

and Wikipedia is hardly the most reliable source :D

Someone else who thinks like I do about Wiki...it is in my top 5 of most overrated sites...

Edited by Jonesy

• Moderators

Source? :D

Well, the answer is in the post..the BBC. If you need to know exactly where so you can check my information then try Ceefax and Teletext who have it both. Do you want the page numbers as well? That do you, or do you want me to get a photo of the Ceefax/Teletext page and post it? Or, do I need to come round and pick up your remote control and get the page up for you? :D

:no: it wasn't anywhere that I checked (and I don't bother with those anymore) other than the hints and suggestions on websites and forums etc, so I wondered where you'd got something as specific as a BBC 'confirmation' that's all.

Not everyone has access to Ceefax and Teletext - my current TV doesn't have that feature.

In this day and age of technology, it didn't cross my mind that there were still TV sets that didn't have Teletext or Ceefax as a feature.

:thumbup: it wasn't anywhere that I checked (and I don't bother with those anymore) other than the hints and suggestions on websites and forums etc, so I wondered where you'd got something as specific as a BBC 'confirmation' that's all.

I find both Teletext and Ceefax quite handy at times. They are in the same situation as websites in that they rely upon information as much as the webmasters printing stuff.

Aside from that, the RD website link I gave in a later posts leads to "heavy rumours/hints" that old Kryters was making an announcement in Seattle regarding more Dwarf.

Also, if you saw the little :D , you would know the "remote control" comment was humour and not serious David. Or, at least I would hope you of all people would.

The pages are still up in their entertainment sections.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Moderators

Show One - The Making Of The Specials

A highly entertaining look at what goes on behind the scenes on a Red Dwarf production.

Show Two - Red Dwarf Special: Part One

The cast get back into character, and costume, a decade on...

Show Three - Red Dwarf Special: Part Two

The adventure continues...

Show Four - A Clip Show With a Serious Difference

The cast do it their way. Red Dwarf as you have never, ever seen it before!

Full details in an article at:

http://www.reddwarf.co.uk/news/2008/09/19/...ials-confirmed/

Excellent news! I've been waiting a long time for this. I just hope it lives up to my expectations!

Yep, and hopefully it's successful and means we can get the movie or more episodes :lol: