how too get too northampton

Hi there me and my friend are going to the convention....i just priced flight down too birmingham.our plan was to fly to birmingham then train to northampton..but went in yesterday to price flight and gota shock of my life.the prices are extorinate.anyway i was wondering coming all the way from scotland can anyone tell me how people that are going to the convention from scotland are getting down we want to book it this week

(FRIDAY) so any help would be grateful or that we wont be going.we already have our hotel booked and ticket are on the way so i need help very much so

if you could tell me how much it cost a return and where to get the ifomation that would be such a huge help to us...

Edited by lou1972

Not sure where you are in Scotland, but try www.megabus.com

They run from at least Aberdeen and Edinburgh, sometimes through the night, and you can get to Birmingham for from a tenner one way.

Not ideal if you are not a fan of long road journeys, but you can't knock the price ! You will still need a train from Brum to Northampton though ....

As Dufresne advises , try www.megatrain.com which goes from various scottish cities to Birmingham, but with this option there are only 1 or 2 trains a day, I am travelling home this monday on megatrain from Glasgow to Birmingham and the only train of the day is at 10.10 am.

Also keep an eye on www.thetrainline.com or www.virgintrains.com when it is 3 months from the date you plan to travel on.

It would be best to split your journey up to say Glasgow-Birmingham as one journey and then Birmingham - Northampton as the next journey, this usually means you get train tickets far cheaper than booking Glasgow - Northampton.

My friends who live in Scotland regularly book journeys using this technique for events such as Eclipse , Chevron 7, and also Collectormania in Milton Keynes.

hope this helps

hey i come down from newcastle and the cheepest way to do it is through national expres trains, dont go for the direct to northampton option because its five times more expensive...

break it down dont do a return do the journey in singles, i normaly get to birmingham about 9 each way then a open to northampton is anything from 7.50 -20 depending on what trains...

you get 10% off on the train as its a national express train when you book on line.

hope that helps once you get off the train in northampton its about 5 mins walk dont take a taxi you will be kicking yourself honest its a straight line and the taxi will take you ages as it has to go teh long way around.

oh its rubish on a sunday if you dont want to leave at dinner time, its not the getting from birmingham its the reagonal train from northampton thats the bit thats off someone did tell me that its easyish to get a coach for the first bit but i tend to just opt for staying the sunday and leaving on the monday.

Hi there me and my friend are going to the convention....i just priced flight down too birmingham.our plan was to fly to birmingham then train to northampton..but went in yesterday to price flight and gota shock of my life.the prices are extorinate.anyway i was wondering coming all the way from scotland can anyone tell me how people that are going to the convention from scotland are getting down we want to book it this week

(FRIDAY) so any help would be grateful or that we wont be going.we already have our hotel booked and ticket are on the way so i need help very much so

if you could tell me how much it cost a return and where to get the ifomation that would be such a huge help to us...

Hi we travel from Inverness on the train to Northampton, did it for eclipse and chevron. The cheapest way to book is on line with National express to London and then up to Northampton. I travel with 2 children and its very easy as you dont have to change stations in London.

no that sounds worse doing that way if i get the train from glasgow it stops atr one stop which is crewe

and then it straight to northampton but like i said were leaving sunday afternoon and it getting a train to takes us back to northampton to glasgow...my friend suggestive travelling to birmingham then getting a train there back to glasgow but wwere work it out

I'm coming from Scotland too, from Dundee. Both trains and coaches are going to be a nightmare, and pretty pricey around then I think.

The best I've got so far is flying to Birmingham, then train to Northampton, and back the same way. There are very regular trains direct from Birmingham Airport to Northampton.

I have to come down on the Friday after work, and work some way to get the Monday off, but this is what I've come up with so far:

Dundee Airport - Birmingham Airport

Friday 17th October

£23.59 - FlyBe Website

18:00 -> 19:35

Birmingham Airport - Northampton

Friday 17 October

£10.20 - Train (National Express Website)

19:57 -> 20:57

or

20:53 -> 21:47

Northampton Train Station - Birmingham Airport

Monday 20th October

£10.20 - Train (National Express Website)

Every hour on the hour, 50 min journey.

Birmingham Airport - Dundee Airport

Monday 20th October

£23.59 - FlyBe

15:55 -> 17:30

So a grand total of £67.58 return from Dundee to Northampton, Friday to Monday, which isn't bad.

Going to wait a couple of weeks and keep checking hotukdeals.com to see if any voucher codes appear for flybe or national express in the meantime to get money off. If not, I'll probably book around the 8th of September or so.

Edited by Kenny

ive priced the national buses and it not bad but it taking very long to get there iam very desperate it look like i wont be going iam so pissed off and upset as i sooo wanted to go

The train is only £37 pounds or so return ,although there are 3 changes on the way down. Far cheaper than flying and there isn't too long between connections so it means that the journey isnt too much longer.

I don't think you can ever get too Northampton. How much Northampton is enough? Answer me that Mr Poopy Pants.

I know it's wrong, but that made me laugh so much.