WW2 Guests

defluocor

Seeing as though Autographica 11 had a good selection of WW2 veterans, can we expect a selection for the next event?

If so I would like to propose the following guests:

Jim Wallwork (Pegasus Bridge veteran with Richard Todd, now lives in Canada but attends shows there)

Any surviving Dambusters crew e.g. Les Munro if possible

Piper Bill Millin (Piper to Lord Lovat, relieving force for Pegasus Bridge, not sure if still alive)

Any D-DAY veterans

Donald Sinden (simply for his appearances in Above Us The Waves and The Cruel Sea)

I'm sure many others would appreciate guests of this calibre.

May I add to the list of requests:

Sir Brian Urquhart (Intelligence officer well-known for his attempts to persuade the planners of Operation Market Garden to modify or abort their plans)

Any other Arnhem/Market Garden veterans

Any SOE agents

• 2 weeks later...

Let's get back to bumping threads for proper guests worthy of our forum viewing, not politicans or TV chefs!

Come on guys, any hints on new guest announcements? WW2 guests most welcome!

well said!!

at least a decent subject here!

Would there be anyone still alive from ww1 i know its a long shot but it would be good!!

The LFACC guys seem to be pulling some high calibre guests out of the bag - John Hurt, Charles Dance, Chris Lloyd - I hope the Autographica guys are working on similar calibre guests. Any hints of announcements to come? WW2 vets very welcome!

Let's get back to bumping threads for proper guests worthy of our forum viewing, not politicans or TV chefs!

Come on guys, any hints on new guest announcements? WW2 guests most welcome!

well said!!

at least a decent subject here!

Would there be anyone still alive from ww1 i know its a long shot but it would be good!!

There are a couple of WW1 folk still around - Harry patch, the last surviving soldier from the trenches, who just celebrated his 110th birthday. There is also Henry Allingham, who was RAF and is now europes oldest man, age 112, and I believe there's a Navy guy somewhere. a mere whippersnapper at 107. But I recently heard they may have found another WW1 era soldier up in Yorkshire somewhere, at age 108.

I did email the organisers with this idea some months ago.

May I add to the list of requests:

Sir Brian Urquhart (Intelligence officer well-known for his attempts to persuade the planners of Operation Market Garden to modify or abort their plans)

Any other Arnhem/Market Garden veterans

Any SOE agents

Sir Brian Urquhart is a first class suggestion. I have a copy of his book 'A Life in Peace and War' which is crying out for a signature. Equally, he could autograph any one of the vast plethora of books on the subject of Operation Market Garden.

• 2 weeks later...

Another bump. If the organizers are interested in more WW2 vets I am in contact with a charity that helps veterans of Pegasus Bridge and may be able to put you in touch with them. Principally some vets they know are:

Tich Rayner

Lt David Wood (no.3 glider)

Private Stan Watson (no.1 glider)

Jim Wallwork (pilot no 1 glider)

I can't be the only one who be interested in meetign these heroes. So organizers if you are reading this, get in touch with any of the guys at the Project 65 charity (google it).

Announcements soon I hope!

• 1 month later...