Loving the Alien Quadrilogy guests

dufresne

would you get him to sign a Terminator 2 (1991) DVD that only had the theatrical cut on?

Nope... as on the theatrical cut, he's not supposed to bein there at all (as opposed to his "presence" in the first scenes of Alien 3, even if you just see a silhouette)...

And i rarely have actors signing DVDs.... as i know firsthand that they're easy to be stolen (stares at her nephew who "stole" half of her collection of DVD's)... I prefer pictures...

Don't knock Alien 3 (1992), man!! It's light years ahead of Alien Resurrection (1997). You need to see the 2003 Assembley Cut of A3 to get an idea of how David Fincher originally inteded it but the theatrical cut is still ahead of A:R.

I read the book, where all the "missing scenes" are explained...

But, as far as i'm concerned, "Alien" for me ends with the second one (and that even if there is an actor i really like in the 4th, Ron Perlman)... but it's only my personal tastes...:)

I read the book, where all the "missing scenes" are explained...
I read it too but Alan Dean Foster's words cant match Fincher's direction or Weaver's complete performance throughout the whole film esp in the extended death scene which you'd like even better. I'm sure the novelization didn't include every missing scene and all diaogue anyway - there's so much more than just the Golic sub-plot and capture. The films emotes much better.

So you would ask Biehn to sign a copy of 3 on DVD ?

No, for the simple reason i don't have a copy of the 3.

You are missing the point slightly :D

IF YOU OWNED A COPY OF ALIEN 3 ON DVD ...... would you ask Biehn to sign it ? He's not "properly" in the film, so I would argue NO !

You are missing the point slightly :D

IF YOU OWNED A COPY OF ALIEN 3 ON DVD ...... would you ask Biehn to sign it ? He's not "properly" in the film, so I would argue NO !

I was kidding.. ;p

No i wouldn't ask him to sign it.

• 2 weeks later...
We now have main cast guests from all four Alien films

Pete Postelthwaite's "David" was not a main character in Alien 3 (1992) though he was in it all the way thru almost. Charles Dance, "Clemens" would have been a better Brit choice for Alien 3. I think John Hurt could easily manage a talk all on his own, maybe Brad Dourif and Pete Postelthwaite too.

Edited by nicky

• 2 weeks later...

Alien - John Hurt

Aliens - Carrie Henn (and Alex Gillis)

Alien Resurrection - Brad Dourif

So who do we want from 3 ?

Of those I haven't met yet, I would say Pete Postlethwaite, Charles Dance, and Christopher Fairbank.

*smiles quietly to self*

• 2 weeks later...

hey guys just wondering is is it worth asking carrie if she was ever approached about alien 3 since newt was in one of the early drafts or has she answered this a million times before. Also is this her first appearence at signing or con?

To my knowledge I think this is her first con. AFAIK no one but Weaver and Henriksen were approached to star in Alien 3, not even Biehn, cos once shooting began it was always the existing Vincent Ward script from there on in.

There were a few drafts and one of them such as William Gibson's did include Hicks and Newt but they never went as far as going past that draft stage. They were never green-lit.

My heart skipped a beat when i saw Ms Weaver on TV this afternoon (she is over here to promote Wall.E) So i thought well seeing as she is over here now..... :smile:

Siggy and Carrie have remained friends and kept in contact since 1986. As that's the case then Siggs is probably already bound to know Carrie is in town for LFCC. Maybe Carrie is hanging out with her on LFCC weekend IF she is still in London the wk after. The Wall. E premiere is one week before LFCC though...perhaps she wont be in town that long.

Edited by nicky