Cheap Hotels within walking distance

I imagine I'll be staying in a hostel if I can find one close enough. I'll be wanting to save money where I can so I didn't book a room at the hotel where the Con is. I've stayed in hostels lots of times and don't mind but I do hope I can find one that's close by this time. I don't want to blow too much cash on cabs if I can avoid it.

There is the Langham hotel-01604624289,Aarandale regent-01604631096,the grand hotel (not sure if its still open but its in the new phone book) very close-01604636508,The plough hotel-01604638401 or 01604230554, The royal hotel-01604632439. These are all within easy walking distance ie within 15 to 20 mins at the most. Cant recomend any particular as never stayed at any. Sorry! But just thought it might be usefull for some of you out there. :P

There is the Langham hotel-01604624289,Aarandale regent-01604631096,the grand hotel (not sure if its still open but its in the new phone book) very close-01604636508,The plough hotel-01604638401 or 01604230554, The royal hotel-01604632439. These are all within easy walking distance ie within 15 to 20 mins at the most. Cant recomend any particular as never stayed at any. Sorry! But just thought it might be usefull for some of you out there. :P

*Claps* Wow. Nice work.

• 4 weeks later...

A few people (myself included) have booked here:

http://www.ibishotel.com/ibis/fichehotel/g...che_hotel.shtml

G x

I and several friends have booked at the Ibis. It's really the next best choice to The Park Inn. I reccomend it.

I have booked now and have booked at the Ibis

Me and my mum have booked this as well! We are going on a Tursday til Monday though. Maybe we could all meet up at respection on the Friday morning/afternoon and walk together :)

A few people (myself included) have booked here:

http://www.ibishotel.com/ibis/fichehotel/g...che_hotel.shtml

G x

I and several friends have booked at the Ibis. It's really the next best choice to The Park Inn. I reccomend it.

I have booked now and have booked at the Ibis

Me and my mum have booked this as well! We are going on a Tursday til Monday though. Maybe we could all meet up at respection on the Friday morning/afternoon and walk together :)

you don't have far to walk it's ouite litraly over the road 3 mins walk at the most ...

• 1 month later...

All the local Hotels including the Ibis are too expensive, there`s four of us and it would cost £320 for 3 nights. Does anyone know how far the Travelodge Northampton Upton Way is from the convention centre and is there public transport nearby or even a taxi service?

if you go to google maps and put in the postcodes for both it shows that they're 2.6 miles apart if you walk or 2.8 miles apart if you drive and it estimates it would take an hour to walk it or 10 minutes by car. I dont know about public transport or taxis though, but I'm sure both the hotels can call taxis for you.

Hey folks,

Does anyone still need numbers for Guest Houses, B & B's etc.? Being a townie I can post some here for you and give you some idea as to the walking distance. Can't comment on them as living here I don't use them but every little helps (as the advert says!).

Thanks for the info on accomodation, we`ve decided that we`re coming down in the car. Staying at a Travelodge in Preston overnight then travelling down the rest of the way the day after. We`re coming from Scotland so it`s a long way to drive in one day.

• 4 weeks later...
All the local Hotels including the Ibis are too expensive, there`s four of us and it would cost £320 for 3 nights. Does anyone know how far the Travelodge Northampton Upton Way is from the convention centre and is there public transport nearby or even a taxi service?

That's where I stayed for Eclipse. It takes about 15 mins and 8-9 quid in a taxi to get from there to the Park Inn, and same back, bus services and things aren't great because it's on the edge of the motorway.

Gotta give a huge thumbs up to the Ibis over the Travelodge Upton Way, no taxi fares at all, so a saving overall. The Upton Way takes 2 people max per room so you'd need two rooms at 50 quid a night (IIRC) for 3 nights - 300 quid. + almost 20 quid a day in taxis.

Edit: Hang on - have the Ibis stopped doing their three night deal? I have it booked for Eclipse 2 for 3 nights at 120 quid, and the confirmation email says '3 night deal'...

http://www.ibishotel.com/gb/hotel-deals/pd...articipants.pdf

Ibis official site lists Northampton as a participant in the 3 night deal - I'd give them a call and see if they'll do the room for 120 quid as listed on their main site.

Edited by Kenny

It's not listed on the website under the 3 day deal thing any more, but I got it for 120 quid today by phoning and complaining that I'd booked it weeks ago and never received my confirmation email. Which err, of course I did... um.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I was going to book for this con today, but now the Ibis is full and I really don't want to be staying miles away. Can't get any cheap rooms anywhere cos I will have 2 kids with me and we all need to be in one room! I don't know whether to buy tickets now!