What are you hoping to get signed

Quinny83

I'll be getting my Torchwood poster signed by John and Matt Ripley on Sunday. Just really need Naoko and Burn to complete it then! To date its signed by Gareth D-L, Eve Myles, Kai Owen, James Marsters, Siobhan Hewlett, Anthony Lewis, a producer and 3 writers! :D

MikeDonovan posted a reply in the guest suggestions page saying he was behind me in the queue when i met Helen Slater, (he didn`t know it was me and in some ways that makes it worse), and when i handed over the poem he said she looked mortified. He called me creepy and said she would probably never do another convention here basically because of me.

To say it destroyed me would be the biggest understatement of all time.

Yeah, I read that thread. To be honest I reckon it was completely out of order, I meant to post in the other thread that I respect what you did, poetry is not my thing but the fact that you take the effort and thought into doing something like that and then giving it to the guest is great, and I reckon it means alot to the guests as well!

Just remember that that was Mike Donovans opinion and not based on any fact! Keep doing the poetry, there really is not enough of that in this world! :D

And i second that! Kepp up what you are doing, i think its a great and original idea!

I agree as well, its more thoughtful if you give them something personal, i myself am not the best poet but at least you have put the effort in and i think you should keep going. :D

What type of poems do you do for each guest? Theres someone on here (Can't remember who) who does cartoon drawings in a sketchbook for people to sign, its nice to be unique.

I would take Torchwood Box Set but the sigs would wipe off it to easily and there isn't a booklet or anything inside that they could sign.

That's what I want to get signed but the box is quite slippery. But has anyone else here got the Torchwood Complete S1 set signed, do you know if the auto wouldn't smear if a Sharpie pen was used on it. Otherwise I'd have to use my Torchwood S1 Vol 3 set to get signed. [The Complete set is more ideal as it has so much blank space, where as the Vol 3 set cover has a picture that takes up most of the box, and I want John, Eve, Kai and Matt to all sign it as they appeared in S1].

Please HELP!

OMG :P

I've been so busy with uni work (I'm still working on it, and in fact will be working on it until I submit it five minutes before I have to leave to get the bus to MK) that I didn't even CONSIDER what to get signed. Oooooops. I made a boo boo!

Nancy Allen - Something related to Carrie. I'm hoping she might have some photos on her table. If not she can scribble on my DVD cover or I'll just get a picture of her as herself.

Lea Thompson - My Howard The Duck LP single sleeve. It has a kick ass picture of Cherry Bomb on it.

Charles Fleischer - Something Roger Rabbit related. Hopefully he'll have some 8x10s.

Tawny Cypress - Heroes 8x10.

Santiago Cabrera - Heroes 8x10.

Natalie Tena - Harry Potter 8x10.

Matt Rippey - Torchwood 8x10.

John Barrowman - I'm still undecided between his book or something more Torchwood centric.

I would take Torchwood Box Set but the sigs would wipe off it to easily and there isn't a booklet or anything inside that they could sign.

That's what I want to get signed but the box is quite slippery. But has anyone else here got the Torchwood Complete S1 set signed, do you know if the auto wouldn't smear if a Sharpie pen was used on it. Otherwise I'd have to use my Torchwood S1 Vol 3 set to get signed. [The Complete set is more ideal as it has so much blank space, where as the Vol 3 set cover has a picture that takes up most of the box, and I want John, Eve, Kai and Matt to all sign it as they appeared in S1].

Please HELP!

O.K. So I tested a silver sharpie pen on the box with a dot and as long as I gave a minute or so to dry it didn't smear. And the only way I got the mark off was with wet tissue, so I might risk it. :blush:

In reply to Lizzy, my style has varied over the 10+ years i have been doing this. I thought i might post some random verses as examples. If anyone wants to guess who the poems were written for then you are more than welcome but i won`t pretend they`re massively difficult to guess.

So take your best shot

Only the first is free

The doctor will see you now

But you can`t see me

The cruel hand of fate mocks me

Rejoicing in my eternal suffering

Every line i write drains the fountain of my mind

Kind of makes you wonder why i do this doesn`t it

Say you`ll wait for me

The goddess of my dreams

After all this time

I know that it may seem

That you and i will never be together

Each day is just another day until you`re in my arms forever

Look i have an ideA

A sort of visioN

Not just any ordinary ideA

An idea for a new shoW

Oh god, I can never guess with poetry- I'm soo useless! My bf does some poetry, not as much now cos hes way too busy, but my only comments are "thats pretty" cos I'm really no judge!

But why not have something personal? No different to an autograph book really... If i can't find a group pic i like, I airbrush my own, and I love them cos they are so personal to me- and unique. So yea, why not!

I got my Buffy Season 7 box signed by Marsters, and when I saw linda blair i ran to HMV and bought the Exorcist and had her sign that.

James is a nice guy, I asked him about his shoot on Dragonball and he said it was very tough but was very fun, and he said he asked joss about a Spike movie but Joss didnt want to.

I'm going back on Monday for some more. Ill keep you updated.

This was my first time at collectormania, had a blast, also my first post on the forums.

Hope to chat to you all more.

Speak soon

Steve [burnzy]

Ah right, I was thinking about getting my old photoshoot signed, but I don't really want to if hes not... makes a personal photo impersonal in my mind :S

Thanks!