John Barrowman Please =)

No, it was absolutely right. He's just a guest-star anyway, right? ^^

... I have one question too, however. I have never been to a Massive Event/Showmasters event before so this question will most certainly sound dumb, but is there any chance we'll also get production guests? Such as writers, FX guys, etc?

• Moderators

There's not been any at previous conventions, but as they've only really started organising conventions fairly recently (compared to 'signing events') I wouldn't rule anything out ..

I can remain hopeful then? Nice!

Maybe it's up to us to show some enthusiasm for prod guests? If so, they can definitely count on me to begin with - bring on the writers! The designers! C'mon!

I can remain hopeful then? Nice!

Maybe it's up to us to show some enthusiasm for prod guests? If so, they can definitely count on me to begin with - bring on the writers! The designers! C'mon!

I am all for the production side being represented at this event. I would LOVE to see a writers' panel Q&A and it could be interesting to hear from others involved behind the scenes too. Course, that doesn't mean that I don't wanna see the actors too! I'm just greedy!

ooooh fab! i really hope he can do it :D

You seriously have to get Barrowman

Torchwood has a small main cast and is a series filled mostly (with a few exceptions) "jobbing actors"

If you get the main 5 ...GREAT!!

If you dont NOT SO GREAT!!

you only have to look at the non existant ques for the Torchwood bit parters at the last GMEX show

I may be bitter because i think a horror con is what SHOWMASTERS needs.. i AM a Torchwood fan but the show is about the main 5..i know we have Buffy cons without Gellar but that show was 7(?) series full of folk and Torchwood is pretty tight

a Torchwood show without the main 5 is a damp squib

the timing of this show (nr Halloween) would have been ideal for a horror con and it is a popular idea amongst others here.

I HOPE you get the main 5 though.

GOOD LUCK

Edited by vintageSW77

Well, although I agree that having the main five would be terribly ACE - and not only because I have now officially booked my Gold Programme and intend to make the most of it! -Torchwood has a bit of an habit of having talented guest-stars except for that 'Gray' in the series finale who was way below average, IMHO.

A couple of examples of delightful guest stars : Christine Bottomley (Maggie, aka Suicidal Girl), Amy Manson and Heather Craney (courtesy of vintage Torchwood), Ruth Jones (Nikki Bevan), Matt Ripey (real Jack) etc.

And, of course, Kay Owen, Indira Varma and Tom Price (PC Andy, weeh!) for the returning guests.

I don't think Freema Agyeman would be a good idea because, as much as I'm dying to meet her, that would be a sudden huge draw for the Who fans who might not be interested in the rest of the guests.

As for somebody else who remains blissfully unnamed despite his two appearances this series, I'm far from being a huge fan of his, so I'll live it up to the others to beg for his presence.

Edited by Tya

• Showmasters Admin

vintageSW77 - I think you're expecting too much.

There have been lots of Star Trek Cons without a Captain, Angel cons without David, Smallville Cons without Tom Welling. OK these are longer running shows like Buffy but it still shows you don't have to have the main star for a con to work.

Maybe a more direct comparision it Firefly, which only had half a session and Nathan was the main focus of most of the story lines. And there have been many Firefly cons without Nathan Fillion.

And I've seen very few cons where they have all main guests.

Yes John would be nice, but it's not a case of "get him or cancel it" as you seem to be saying. Yes it would be nice if we got the other 3 main cast but again it'll still be a great con if only 2 or 3 of the main cast come and the others are smaller parts or writers.

We proved with Lockdown you don't HAVE to have main cast to have a good time. OK it would have been nice to have some, but 2 main cast would have been enough.

My point is you don't HAVE to have all the main cast to make a con work.

Edited by Too Tall

before i edited my post i did put that cons do happen without he main stars but Torchwood is only two series into its life and so far is pretty much centered around the 5 characters

much more so than any show ive seen...even Buff

if you are happy to attend a con full of bit part characters...fine

i know there are people who get exited about meeting Anthony Lewis...

i and quite a few dont

but like i said good luck with getting the famous 5(6 if you count Rhys.......7 if you count PC Andy)

but heres the differance with Tom Welling etc

Barrowman is signed up for Milton Keynes and itd be a bit odd having him at MK and not at a SM show which is all about his Tv show

i reckon SM are holding back on JB

itll be a fantastic show if you get him

can we have the Pteradactyl?

Edited by vintageSW77

I'm such a huge fan of Torchwood that I would be pleased with anyone who as been on the show and anyone involved with production too. Some may say that I'm easily pleased but when you're a huge fan and you meet like minded fans etc the experience alone is brilliant. :whistling:

Edited by Tina

Barrowman is signed up for Milton Keynes and itd be a bit odd having him at MK and not at a SM show which is all about his Tv show

Have you considered that he might be free for C13 and not for the Hub? No actor in their right mind will choose to do a con over "proper" acting work which will improve their resume and gain them more exposure.

As Too Tall pointed out, Lockdown was one of the best cons I've ever been to, and there was no-one who'd been in more than a handful of episodes. It's far more about the atmosphere.

No actor in their right mind will choose to do a con over "proper" acting work which will improve their resume and gain them more exposure.

so THATS why we never get Harrison Ford and get someone who played 3rd ewok from the left!

im really glad your here to tell me these things

ANYWAY

they got Barrowman

2 down 3 to go!

Edited by vintageSW77