Live music: Top 5!

theoden_of_rohan

There are so many but I think I can narrow it down.

1. Slayer - Unholy Alliance tour - Manchester 2004

They were incredible, I nearly cried with joy when they played Raining Blood (a song they had never played in the UK before). Tom Araya even winked at me.

2. Iron Maiden - Dance With Death tour - Sheffield 2003

Iron Maiden are legendary performers and this gig did not let me down. They were fantastic.

3. Dir en Grey - Wacken festival 2007

Very energetic performance from Kyo and a great set.

4. Blind Guardian - Wacken festival 2007

Amazing. When they playes Bard Song every single person sang along. It was almost mystical.

5. Paradise Lost - Manchester 2007

It was so difficult to choose between Paradise Lost, Placebo, Apocalyptica and Anathema but Paradise Lost just tip it due to the energy and intensity of the performance.

I would love to see:

1. Judas Priest

2. Metallica

3. The Sisters of Mercy

4. The Cure

5. Tyr

In fact, there are hundreds of bands I would like to see but those are currently top of the list.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

the best live acts iv seen are:

1.bon jovi - seen them twice and going to see them in june cant wait cause they are just amazing live :YAHOO:

2. kanye west - a true showman gets better everytime you see him(seen him twice)

3. guns n roses - didnt even notice slash etc werent there only disapointment didnt take my camera

4.puppini sisters - never heard of them before i went now a massive fan.

5.jayz - put on a good show

ones wich i would love to see are:

johnny cash (sadly never going to happen)

2pac(never going to happen)

ludacris

dmx

1. Smashing Pumpkins - seen them twice now. The first gig at Shepherd's Bush Empire last year was so amazing, me and Lee literally felt our hearts burst! I waited around 13 years to see them. WORTH IT.

2. Foo Fighters - Earls Court, 2005. I don't like Earls Court for a music venue (saw REM there and wasn't what it should have been:(), but the Foo's LITERALLY rocked the building. AWESOME. Seeing them again in June :D

3. Prince - o2 Arena, 2007. It's like Prince invited us to his house to party. I was on a total high afterwards. LEGEND :P

4. Deftones - Brixton Academy, can't remember the year! Another band I waited a long time to see. I love Brixton Academy as a venue and the show was amazing.

5. The Rapture - London Astoria, 2007. INSANE ATMOSPHERE. I hardly knew anything about them before the gig, and was completely blown away.

3. Dir en Grey - Wacken festival 2007

Very energetic performance from Kyo and a great set.

I am insanely jealous XD I missed thier tour as my mum wouldnt let me go on my own to oxford on the bus XD

My top 5 would have to be-

1- Blink 182 - Birmingham - The first band i ever saw live!

2- Green Day - MK Bowl - The atmosphere was amazing, and i was right at the front *almost touched Billie Joes hand!!*

3- Metallica - Wembly - Again, that atmosphere was brill, though we were right at the back XD

4- The Used - NIA Birmingham - Saw them at Give it a Name last year and they were fab!

5- MSI - NIA Birmingham - Also saw them at Give it a Name last year, sooo funny XD Missed them in Northampton last year, as my mum wouldnt let me go on my own *she bribed me out of not going by buying me a new DS game XD*

top 5 bands id like to see are:

1- Malice Mizer (impossible)

2- Billy Idol

3- John Barrowman (his dates for touring this month were the 7th-18th, which were the exact dates i was on holiday in japan!)

4- Placebo

5- MIKA

Edited by Emmeh

Can't put them in order but the top 5 are:

1. The Verve (at The O2 Arena)

2. Razorlight (Seen them a couple of times, 1st at Wembley and 2nd at Birmingham)

3. The X Factor Live Tours (All 4 at Birmingham *****)

4. Dogs (At Northampton Soundhaus), even though we got crushed by some drunk guys, it was still a good concert!

5. Journey South (at Oxford New Theatre)

3- Metallica - Wembly - Again, that atmosphere was brill, though we were right at the back XD

4- Placebo

I'm jealous you saw Metallica, I bet they were amazing.

Malice would have been great to see live.

Placebo are fantastic live by the way, the only problem are some of the rabid fans. I was squashed worse at Placebo than at Slayer!

Muse Like DB I could spend forever talking about how immense they are live and how much of a genius Matt Bellamy is.I'm not one to get emotional at gigs but for some reason I always end up crying..which is err sad.

Kylie Minogue I can't pick my favourite Kylie show but I think it would be the new years eve gig bringing in 2007.I can watch her shows over and over and still find something to think wow how the hell did they think of that.I love her,her energy on stage,the interaction,the dancers,the costumes,the sets...everything!

The Dresden DollsI love this band a lot and they are amazing live.I miss the really small intimate gigs but they still aren't exactly an arena band.

I'm going to come back to this...queing for Xfactor from 4am has scrambled my brain!

4- Placebo

I'm jealous you saw Metallica, I bet they were amazing.

Malice would have been great to see live.

Placebo are fantastic live by the way, the only problem are some of the rabid fans. I was squashed worse at Placebo than at Slayer!

Metallica was amazing, one of the best atmospheres ever

Malice Mizer would have been spectacular to see *during the Gackt era*

Lol, i hate getting crushed XD at greenday i had some shirtless sweaty, hairy man infront of me XD totally disgusting being squashed against him XD as well as in some of my photos, all you can see is his big sweaty hairy arm in the way XD

Not been to many, but the ones I have been to were awesome:

Guns N' Roses: Saw them in June '06. One of my favourite bands ever, and seeing them live is a sight to behold....Axl still has the voice that can make your eardrums explode. I know that there are some people out there that say that GNR aren't the same without Slash and co, but once you've seen (and heard) the new line-up live you'll be saying "Slash who?"

I take it this was Download 2006 you are talking about? That performance was awful, AT LEAST Slash would have not lowered himself to performing an instrumental cover of a Christina Aguilera song while Mr. Rose goes of to take a breather (literally). I would bet a pretty penny that it was due to that below-par performance that the riots took off. Axl Rose is no more then a Mariah Carey wannabee.

Edited by rogue_entity

Not been to many, but the ones I have been to were awesome:

Guns N' Roses: Saw them in July '06. One of my favourite bands ever, and seeing them live is a sight to behold....Axl still has the voice that can make your eardrums explode. I know that there are some people out there that say that GNR aren't the same without Slash and co, but once you've seen (and heard) the new line-up live you'll be saying "Slash who?"

I take it this was Download 2006 you are talking about? That performance was awful, AT LEAST Slash would have not lowered himself to performing an instrumental cover of a Christina Aguilera song while Mr. Rose goes of to take a breather (literally). I would bet a pretty penny that it was due to that below-par performance that the riots took off. Axl Rose is no more then a Mariah Carey wannabee.

Nah, I saw them at the M.E.N arena when they were doing an arena tour, they were much better by then.

Guns N' Roses: Saw them in July '06. One of my favourite bands ever, and seeing them live is a sight to behold....Axl still has the voice that can make your eardrums explode. I know that there are some people out there that say that GNR aren't the same without Slash and co, but once you've seen (and heard) the new line-up live you'll be saying "Slash who?"

I'm glad you enjoyed it, I can't imagine seeing this present line-up though. I saw them twice in the early 90's with Duff, Slash, Matt, Izzy (then Gilby) and they really were awesome. I just can't bring my self to care about Axel now but as I said I am very pleased that you enjoyed them enough to put them in your top 5.

Oh and respect on the Motley Crue top 5 placing too :poki:

Now my top 5, this was seriously hard to narrow down and I don't think anyone who knows me will be surprised.

1. MUSE Holy hell they are phenomenal live. I can't heap enough praise upon their shoulders, pitch perfect, superb songs and more passion for their art in their little finger nails than crap like Girls Aloud have in their entire (admittedly very skinny lol) bodies.

I really need to stop have "fruity" dreams about Matt Bellamy.

2. MY CHEMICAL ROMANCE The haters can go shove it, I love them, I loved them before the teenie brigade got into them and I will love them always, I'm never happier than when I'm sweating like an obese man in a Turkish Bath down in an MCR mosh pit. I've done that 24 times now and barr any disasters that tally should be up to 27 in a couple of weeks.

3. RAGE AGAINST THE MACHINE Oh how I envy those of you who have tickets for Reading or Leeds. Saw them at Brixton Academy in 1993 and thought I was going to die down there in the pit. Freakin' marvellous.

4. BLACK SABBATH My heroes, my loves, the band that shaped my childhood. Bloody amazing live, Tony Iommi is GOD.

5. I'm leaving number five open. It goes to The Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden, The Manic Street Preachers, Mindless Self Indulgence, Billy Talent oh the list is pretty endless really.

Ok, the question is simple. Which are the 5 best concerts/performances you've seen?

And, once you've deliberated over that, choose the 5 artists/bands you'd still like to see live...

5 best I've seen...

- The Smashing Pumpkins (I've seen them 3 times, but the best was the second time at Shepherd's Bush. It was their first UK gig after them reforming, and it was really intimate. Amazing!)

- David Bowie (at Glastonbury 2000. He's one of my musical idols and seeing him was a dream come true. He performed ALL of his greatest hits, which is actually quite rare for him to do these days. We were very lucky!)

- Michael Jackson (what a legend! I saw him during the History tour at Wembley, and he didn't disappoint. He moonwalked, did the 'white glove' thing and they even did the whole Thriller dance. Incredible!)

- REM (at Glastonbury 1999. I will never forget the moment during 'Everybody Hurts' that a flare was shot into the sky and the enormous crowd was suddenly illuminated in a red glow. It sounds soppy, but it was a really beautiful moment!)

- Prince (at the o2 last year. He may be small, but he can certainly work an audience. Hit after hit, this was an excellent concert!)

5 I still need to see...

- Bjork (seeing her in 9 days though, hoorah!)

- Eric Clapton (seeing him in the Summer, hoorah!)

- The Rolling Stones

- Radiohead

- Nine Inch Nails (seen one song, but need to see MORE!)

Ok, after seeing Bjork last night, her concert needs to be inserted alongside The Pumpkins as the best gig I've ever been to. I was front row, so close I could almost touch her. She was absolutely amazing!

I find it hard to knock my favourite band off the top spot, so I'm putting it as a draw! :D

Ok, the question is simple. Which are the 5 best concerts/performances you've seen?

And, once you've deliberated over that, choose the 5 artists/bands you'd still like to see live...

5 best I've seen...

- The Smashing Pumpkins (I've seen them 3 times, but the best was the second time at Shepherd's Bush. It was their first UK gig after them reforming, and it was really intimate. Amazing!)

- David Bowie (at Glastonbury 2000. He's one of my musical idols and seeing him was a dream come true. He performed ALL of his greatest hits, which is actually quite rare for him to do these days. We were very lucky!)

- Michael Jackson (what a legend! I saw him during the History tour at Wembley, and he didn't disappoint. He moonwalked, did the 'white glove' thing and they even did the whole Thriller dance. Incredible!)

- REM (at Glastonbury 1999. I will never forget the moment during 'Everybody Hurts' that a flare was shot into the sky and the enormous crowd was suddenly illuminated in a red glow. It sounds soppy, but it was a really beautiful moment!)

- Prince (at the o2 last year. He may be small, but he can certainly work an audience. Hit after hit, this was an excellent concert!)

5 I still need to see...

- Bjork (seeing her in 9 days though, hoorah!)

- Eric Clapton (seeing him in the Summer, hoorah!)

- The Rolling Stones

- Radiohead

- Nine Inch Nails (seen one song, but need to see MORE!)

Ok, after seeing Bjork last night, her concert needs to be inserted alongside The Pumpkins as the best gig I've ever been to. I was front row, so close I could almost touch her. She was absolutely amazing!

I find it hard to knock my favourite band off the top spot, so I'm putting it as a draw! :D

Cheater!!!! :D

I forgot to put The Cure in my top 5. So I'm adding them to my list too, so there!!!

Btw see you tomorrow ;)

Edited by Big_Pants

Christa, I can't make it anymore. I have no money *cries* and I have an exam on Friday, so can't take tomorrow off!

Still debating about 'Speed Racer', although my finances won't be any better by then :poki:

NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am now rather sad, I'm not doing Speed Racer (EMILE!!!!) as I'm flying out the next day so I won't see you for ages. Stoopid finances and exams.

Ok.....*puts thinking cap on*

1) Robbie Williams at Knebworth 1st Aug 03 (omg, 5 years ago :-O). The best concert I've ever been to and I doubt it'll ever be topped (except highly possibly by Foo Fighters at Wembley this summer...!)It was just INCREDIBLE!! We were right near the front as we'd been queuing since 5am and the crowd & he were just amazing. When he sang Angels, lots of bit of white paper came shooting out of these cannons and it was such a beautiful moment! Me and my sister were crying our eyes out, it was an unbeatable moment!

2) Aerosmith at Hyde Park Calling last year. Because I'm not the tallest person in the world, the crowd were mainly big burly men with long hair & we were right near the front, I didn't see much except for a flash of Steven Tyler's nipple (lolololol). However, the sound was amaaaaaaazing and I was rather pissed and it was just an amazing day!! Loved it!! And it was blimmin' AEROSMITH!!!!!!!! *faints*

3) Bryan Adams last year. I won the tickets for these from a competition on Virgin radio after havibng tried to get tickets for my Mum's birthday and told they were sold out. The seats were perfect, front row, right in the centre down the side so that when he was on the little stage in the middle & wehn he was on the main stage, we could see him perfectly! He played all the hits, no new stuff (which he apoligised for a said it was all secret and we had to wait lol), which meant that we could sing a long to everything and have an amazing time! He interacted with the crowd so much and it felt like he was just there for me! LOL. Well, you know what I mean. AMAZING.

4) Foo Fighters in...what year was it David & Tara....2004/5? 2005! Lol. My first concert with friends rather than a family member (as it was only the 3rd concert I'd been to and the other's were Robbie @ MK with my Dads friends lol and Robbie @ Knebworth my sister) which made it special to start with. Brilliant. Never seen a crowd so manic lol. Fantastic performers and I can't wait to see them again this year wooooooo. Loved it when Dave got on the drums! LOVE YOU DAVE GROHL!!!!

5) The Who last year (last year was amazing for concerts!). I went with Clare who is the biggest Who fan in the world (that's official) and it was amazing to see her being a complete nut job!! LOL. They were amazing and played for hoursssss!!!!!! And they played EVERYTHING, which was incredible as they might not do it for much longer! Love them so much. Baba O'Reilly WOO *cries*

Coming up...

Girls Aloud in May! Can't wait! OMG FUN TIMES!!

Foo Fighters @ WEMBLEYYYYYYYYYYYYY in June!!!!!!!!!!

Kylie Minogue in JUly! AMAZING!!!!!

number 1 angels and airwaves

i meet 2 members of theband before the show includind tom,i was at the front for the show an they were abs awesome loved every second of it!!!!

number 2 simple plan

cuz it was only a last weekend i got some pics an autographs after the show,huge fan right now so loved every second of it and pierre sung untitled right nx to me near the end

number 3

bowling for soup

the crowds amazin their songs are catchy an their hilarious between songs

number four

the kooks

cuz i was at the front they kept lookin at me which was kinda cool and their awesome

number 5

nine inch nails

been a fan for well over 10 years their amazing

my next 5 i wanna see

angels and airwaves again,i think it will be next year now

nine inch nails again

army of freshman june i think(awesome band not well known yet)

i would to see coldplay live

and seeing shane ward in may

Ok seeeen;

Jimmy Eat World - Seen them 3 times now. Give It a Name 07, Bristol Academy and London Roundhouse. Best time was London Roundhouse, it was the most intense gig I've ever been too, simply incredible.

Green Day - MK bowls. Half of you were there, I don't really need to say much. :sleep:

Muse - Saw them at Exeter uni a couple of years go, it was small and personal and I loved every second.

Good Charlotte - Hammersmith, also a small personal one and it was incredible.

Busted - I know what you're thinking, but I adored this lot growing up and seeing them was the best thing ever.

TO SEEEEE;

MCFLY - Seriously, anyone, take me. Take me now.

Blink182 - I missed my chance and I'll never have it again, which is why if I have the opportunity for a gig now, I'm going, no matter the sacrifices.

My Chemical Romance - Seem like the kind of band who'd put on an awesome show and I've heard good things.

Simple Plan - Love them.

All American Rejects - I saw them at Give it a name and they were wicked, but I'd love to go to a proper tour gig.

I could also put Avril Lavigne up there, but I'm seeing her at the end of next month so no worries :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...

Oooh, tough one, ok, here are mine in the order in which I saw them:

1. Michael Jackson - This was on his Dangerous world tour at Wembley Stadium. It was the first concert I'd ever been to. To this day I still feel he's one of the greatest entertainers ever. He did all the faves, Billie Jean, Smooth Criminal etc. AMAZING!

2. Aerosmith - Also at Wembley, this as more of a mini festival as it lasted the whole day with Three Colours Red, Black Crows, Stereophonic and Lenny Kravitz all playing before hand. Aerosmith were out of this world. It was amazing with the whole cround singing "I don't want to miss a thing". My ears rang for weeks after that! ACE!

3. Alanis Morrisette - One of my all time favourites, she did ALL the songs I love and came on for not one but 3 encores! She also does this cool thing where she spins round and her hair goes all over the place! BRILLIANT!

4. James Marsters - I've seen him play 8 times now and he just gets better and better each time. I love all his songs and all his gigs have been nights to remember. I've seen him at; Bristol, Halloween 2004, Words and Music, Union Chappel X 2, Cardiff, The Borderline and the C13 Party! EXCELLENT!

5. Damian Rice - I was invited to this not knowing much about him. I'm glad I went as I had the best night and his songs are amazing. It's a million times better live as well, so if you like him, definately go and see him if you get the chance. WONDERFUL!

Edited by Charmer

TO SEEEEE;

MCFLY - Seriously, anyone, take me. Take me now.

Blink182 - I missed my chance and I'll never have it again, which is why if I have the opportunity for a gig now, I'm going, no matter the sacrifices.

My Chemical Romance - Seem like the kind of band who'd put on an awesome show and I've heard good things.

Ive seen McFly 3 times, and they really arent that great, the only reason i went to see them was thier music, they dont put on much of a show ;)

Id kill to see Blink 182 again, as they were absolutely fab

And id really love to go see My Chemical Romance.

Woooo off to go see Billy Idol in July hopefully *if i manage to book a train XD*