To go or not to go

To go or not to go ?  

47 members have voted

1. 1. If you have a pass for Lockdown, are you still coming to the con after HIC's cancelation ?

• to go
    • not to go

I will 100% go!! To me, it's been obvious that HIC was going to cancel for a long time now, so much so that I had already stopped getting excited to meet him etc. The guests we have are awesome and still am happy with my gold pass. I would obviously prefer if we had more guests to really make the gold pass worth it.

Edited by Lambourne

id she cancelles then ive got to pay the price of the room on my own!

if you and she cancel, you would have nothing to pay :help:

Are you trying to persuade people to cancel?

I'm just trying to find a solution for this nice lady who seems to have a problem to pay the hotel :P

Everybody is free to come or not to come.

I think just one has the power so that everybody finally come...

It's jason, if he manages to find great replacements guests... :help:

Good luck jason, we are all with you and we are crossing fingers :help:

oh so now we aren' t fans of the show niiiice really would love to meet you

I think people may be blowing that comment a little out of proportion. I took it as that, although HIC has cancelled and we don't have main cast guests, we still have fellow Lost fans to have fun with at the con.

I'm not making a decision yet on whether to go or not, it'll depend on whether SM can find any replacements, but if they don't then I probably wont bother and will save myself £180 (or £90 at least) on the room plus petrol costs etc.

not true

huge fan - don't want to waste my money on these 'guests'

I'm sorry, I may be ignorant, overly obsessed, or just not understanding... and for that I truly am sorry, but surely anyone who has stared in the show is a pull - and in the case of these guests, their characters have had such an important influence on so many of the 'regular' cast that I'm dying to talk to them. I know for some people, that the regular/main cast members are important, heck they are to me too, and I respect that some people may only be interested in meeting them. For me, however, if these four guests were at a Collectormania, I would still be paying £120 to get their autographs and that's not including the price of the photos and the opportunity to actually talk to them properly. With this con I get entertainment and can spend time with like-minded fans as well.

oh so now we aren' t fans of the show niiiice really would love to meet you

Thanks... :/ - but that's not how I meant the comment to be taken. I'm just a little confused as to why people are cancelling when I'm still really enthusiastic, that's all. And It will be nice to talk to fans of the show at the convention, because the people around me don't watch it. It wasn't meant to offend.

Edited by siluria

not true

huge fan - don't want to waste my money on these 'guests'

I'm sorry, I may be ignorant, overly obsessed, or just not understanding... and for that I truly am sorry, but surely anyone who has stared in the show is a pull - and in the case of these guests, their characters have had such an important influence on so many of the 'regular' cast that I'm dying to talk to them. I know for some people, that the regular/main cast members are important, heck they are to me too, and I respect that some people may only be interested in meeting them. For me, however, if these four guests were at a Collectormania, I would still be paying £120 to get their autographs and that's not including the price of the photos and the opportunity to actually talk to them properly. With this con I get entertainment and can spend time with like-minded fans as well.

You're obviously very lucky that you can afford to do that, not all of us are that lucky. If the 4 guests we currently have were announced at Collectormania the only one I'd be paying to get an autograph from would be Frederic Lehne and only because of Supernatural, not because of Lost at all. Yes they might have appeared in the show, but to me they're not worth spending my very hard earned pittance on.

I'm with Jael001 i wouldn't pay for any of the guests at the mo if they were at collectormania but there is a huge amount of lost guests i want to and would pay to meet

People are different some people would pay to meet anyone no matter how small their parts personally it's often about how the character affected me

I'd personally only want to meet Frederick out of the guests so far, and that's because of his work on The X Files XD

I also met a few people at Eclipse who said they'd wait and see if HIC was going, and if so they'd try and get a ticket on the door, rather than book in advance. Seems like a few people will be disappointed :D

I'm with Jael001 i wouldn't pay for any of the guests at the mo if they were at collectormania but there is a huge amount of lost guests i want to and would pay to meet

People are different some people would pay to meet anyone no matter how small their parts personally it's often about how the character affected me

I agree Wyn...

Lets see who they get as a replacement.....