Lord of The Rings

Davey

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went on the thursday before C5!!

It was so wicked i loved Aragorn and Legolas's outfits hehe and Arwen and Galadrial's dresses are so beautiful i just stood there like wow oh and the evenstar necklace ( i now have one of my own)

I wandered around with my best mate and my sister for 2 and a half hours just in middle earth heaven i'm going to go back after rotk is out because there were a couple of things missing and just to see it all again.

It was soo worth the visit everyone go you won't regret it.

I also love watching other people's reactions like a little girl looking at Galadrial's dress and saying it was a princesses dress hehe so sweet :)

i'm going to go back after rotk is out because there were a couple of things missing and just to see it all again.

There was? Like what?

I noticed there was startingly little on display to do with Merry and Pippin. What's up with that? There wasn't even an apple! :D

~fadagaski~

The Isenguard (sp?? sorry if that's wrong i'm still half asleep) minature was missing hmm what else ohh gimli's costume they had a council of elrond dwarfs costume instead there were little notices saying this is being used for filming in ROTK and i was like hehe rotk soooon lol.

and i think there was ment to be a gollum statue thingie

I know there was hardly any Merry and Pippin things and Eowyn and Faramir there was one picture of Eowyn that was it they didn't even mention Faramir that peeved me off lol

Also i know it's a bit of a spoiler but i really wanted the Minas Tirith minature so i could find the houses of healing on it hehe :P

I tell you what i found intresting there was an Orc who had the white tree of gondor on his armour i'm guessing he must have killed a gondorian soldier and nicked it.

i went to the show the first week and liked it was not as good as i thought it could be.

but when i was talking to Laurence Makaore about it as he was there @ the show he said the stuff they had on shwo was not even half of the stuff they had in the back just they had no room to put it what a rip off. ;)

Just got back from my weekend trek to London to see the exhibition - it was great, although there were a lot of things missing, obviously still being used, so I hope they do another one next year with all the ROTK props. I'd love to see Aragorn's crown, although I did touch his travelling coat - the leather felt so smooth aaarrhhh :unsure:

Maybe it will come 'round again next year? And maybe it'll come to England again. And maybe it will go somewhere bigger - like the NEC! And maybe it will visit some of the European countries besides us.

And maybe I should go do my homework. Or maybe not. :P

~fadagaski~

• 4 weeks later...

Ok - I'm trying to pursuade my mum to let me go as an xmas pressie! lol! But I have to know ALL the details before or else I will NEVER pursuade her!

Ok... so you get the tickets (whicih I'll probably order before hand) and how long does that allow you in the exhibition? And what sort of time slots are there - need to know for train times and such like!

And if anyone travelled from Birmingham to London on the train... I would be so grateful for details on that such as aprox time, prices, and stuff!

Thanks!

I went in September, it was good. You have to get there 30mins before your alloted time. You can book any time between 10 and 6 I think. But you may have to que to get your tickets even if you pre-book them so make sure you do have plenty of time, if you get there really early you can have a look round plenty other things to see.

You can stay in the exhibition once you are in for as long as you want, I think I was in there for about 1hr 30mins.

Just had to keep looking at Boromir, he looked so real!!!!

It is worth doing if you are a fan and you may never be able to go again!!!

If you need any other details just shout!!

It was really busy when I went so it was difficult to get near the tv screens to hear and see everything so you may have to come back to parts to really see it all. Its not a tour you can go round at your leisure and go back to bits you like, you could go round it all day long I guess if you wanted to, but apart from the floor there is no where to sit!!!

Why not indeed!!!!

Hope you enjoy it, I did get the scaling photos done and was quite pleased with them so if you have a spare 3.50 get one done, nice to keep.

Also they have some nice stuff for sale but it is quite expensive, dont buy the jelly sweets though I tought they would be ring shaped or something to do with LOTR but no they were just jelly teddys in a box but cost 2.50 i think!!!!

hehehe I'm actually going on monday because I got tickets for this kiwi breakfast thing that they posted on the TORn website. It should be cool apart from I have to travel through London as a hobbit. I'm going to get lots of weird looks!

LOL! You have to take photos so that we can see! (Of you in a hobbit costume! Obviously you can't take pics in the thing!)