George Romero....

Kiwi 7

On Friday he had an open queue, and for most of the day it was reasonably empty - there was just one person in front of me when I got my sig and pic at about noon.

Oh, and big thanks to Showmasters for getting Mr Romero. It's not often that directors attend these events, and it was a true pleasure to meet this guy. My composure is usually quite cool at signings, but I'm afraid I started babbling at George, finding three different ways to say, pretty much, 'oh, my word - it's George bloomin' Romero'. He responded with an understanding "I know", intoned like 'there, there'.

If the younger me - the teenager who rented Day Of The Dead and had his mind blown at the sight of Joe Pilato being ripped clean in half - could see the pic below, his eyes would probably pop out of his head, without a Tom Savini gore effect in sight.

romero.jpg

The photo I chose was a Night of the Living Dead film poster-type photo. They also had the Land of the Dead equivalent. Then there was one or two of George himself and the rest were scenes from Night and Land.

I told George that I watched Night when I was a kid and far too young and that it scared the living daylights out of me. He added a 'Stay Scared' quote when he signed my photo.

Very nice guy. A privilege to meet him.

On Friday he had an open queue, and for most of the day it was reasonably empty - there was just one person in front of me when I got my sig and pic at about noon.

Oh, and big thanks to Showmasters for getting Mr Romero. It's not often that directors attend these events, and it was a true pleasure to meet this guy. My composure is usually quite cool at signings, but I'm afraid I started babbling at George, finding three different ways to say, pretty much, 'oh, my word - it's George bloomin' Romero'. He responded with an understanding "I know", intoned like 'there, there'.

If the younger me - the teenager who rented Day Of The Dead and had his mind blown at the sight of Joe Pilato being ripped clean in half - could see the pic below, his eyes would probably pop out of his head, without a Tom Savini gore effect in sight.

romero.jpg

I absolutley love when you get meets like that, ones that proper feel like an accomplishment. Especially when they live up to the hype.

George was a fabulous guest when we met him on Saturday! Virtual queue tickets up to 600, and then a free queue from about 4pm onwards when we got got our autographe. He offered his hand to shake (the first time I ever recall that from a guest), was polite, chatty, and asked if we wanted a photo too.

When I saw George was on the official photo shoot schedule, I was a bit disappointed as I thought it'd be a no pictures at the table rule. Was well pleased when it wasn't and was able to get a photo of my fiance with him.

Nice one George!

Amazing guest, a proper legend! I got a few items signed as birthday and Christmas presents for my zombie-obssed friends. Gave the birthday one to my friend last night, she nearly cried.

I couldn't resist and got an 8x10 signed for myself. It was great to meet him, thanks to Showmasters for getting him!