Claire Cheerleading Uniform?

babygurl1853

Well thanks to Psychosis' original advice of buying the top from cafe press and my own addition of getting a netball skirt and sewing some stripes on it I am very proud of my own costume for this years xmas fancy dress.

2141542501_b23b3f8fce.jpg

To be fair Psychosis looked better in hers, the only thing I think that ruins mine is the transvestitey edge to it.

Sorry for the disturbing imagery guys but my Hiro costume got shot down when teh Sword Ban came into effect and my manager whinged something about having weapons in the workplace being bad?

I figured it would be fun for everyone at work to have a laugh but i's amazing how many people look at you differently just for dressing like a woman and skipping around all day.

C&C welcome as I'm stumped as to how I can make this costume any better...

Edited by Deap

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well thanks to Psychosis' original advice of buying the top from cafe press and my own addition of getting a netball skirt and sewing some stripes on it I am very proud of my own costume for this years xmas fancy dress.

To be fair Psychosis looked better in hers, the only thing I think that ruins mine is the transvestitey edge to it.

Sorry for the disturbing imagery guys but my Hiro costume got shot down when teh Sword Ban came into effect and my manager whinged something about having weapons in the workplace being bad?

I figured it would be fun for everyone at work to have a laugh but i's amazing how many people look at you differently just for dressing like a woman and skipping around all day.

Hmm... only thing that'd make that costume better would be a longer wig; make-up and shaving your legs... Great outfit and Kudos for wearing it in public... are you actually going to wear it to Eclipse??

Hmm... only thing that'd make that costume better would be a longer wig; make-up and shaving your legs... Great outfit and Kudos for wearing it in public... are you actually going to wear it to Eclipse??

I don't know if I've got the "b*lls" to wear it at eclipse, I know it would be funny for about 10 minutes. It was funny wearing it at work for a day. the wig came off after an hour as it was a cheap one. Wearing it amongst 'strangers' (for lack if a better term) is a completely different thing. I would be great dressing up like this to meet Hayden but after the funny has worn off. I'm just that weird guy in a cheerleader costume, Nobody wants to save that.

I just don't think I can be 'that' guy.

Perhaps if I get enough encouragement on here I may wear it at Eclipse. (but who honestly wants to see that)

I considered shaving my legs for about a second but after trying the costume on the 1st time i felt to weird with myself to continue and I think my girlfriend would actually leave me.

I don't know if I've got the "b*lls" to wear it at eclipse, I know it would be funny for about 10 minutes. It was funny wearing it at work for a day. the wig came off after an hour as it was a cheap one. Wearing it amongst 'strangers' (for lack if a better term) is a completely different thing. I would be great dressing up like this to meet Hayden but after the funny has worn off. I'm just that weird guy in a cheerleader costume, Nobody wants to save that.

I just don't think I can be 'that' guy.

Perhaps if I get enough encouragement on here I may wear it at Eclipse. (but who honestly wants to see that)

I considered shaving my legs for about a second but after trying the costume on the 1st time i felt to weird with myself to continue and I think my girlfriend would actually leave me.

To be honest, I think it might actually be easier to wear it to an event like Eclipse. Firstly, there should be quite a few other people dressed up, so it might not feel so weird. Secondly, you'll be around like minded people with similar interests. Convention goers tend to be a way tolerant bunch, so you're very unlikely to ever get any negative feedback and finally, it looks cool, it's a great costume!!

Hey, you look just adorable. That would be a nice costume to wear next Halloween 2008. Did you make that skirt yourself?

I am going to try to make it to the Heroes Convention too. I've already ordered my sexy Hayden Panettiere costume. I found some other movie costumes in the same place, here: http://www.cafepress.com/00ps/3860681

Does anyone have any idea of where I could get an Alvin and the Chipmunks Hoodie? I want to get it before Valentine's Day. I don't trust Ebay at all so it would have to be somewhere else.

man you have to wear that exact outfit when you come to eclipse, but you got to get a better wig hunny, get yourself on ebay, you can get some fantastic ones on there for about £10 bargan... and don't shave your legs i like it all hairy like that lol :rolleyes:

man you have to wear that exact outfit when you come to eclipse, but you got to get a better wig hunny, get yourself on ebay, you can get some fantastic ones on there for about £10 bargan... and don't shave your legs i like it all hairy like that lol :drunk:

I bought This wig from eBay, for about that price but it was really hot and just made my face itch, I dont know how women can have long hair in their faces. I have a better Pic Of this (sans wig)

Here is a link, I didn't upload it directly as It has a slightly adult theme. The adult part of which is not real I am sad to say. Please note the following link contains an Image with a slightly adult theme (no nudity, so there is no point looking if you are 13 and want to perv at something[use "the hun" instead]). I know 13 yr old lads wont want to look but I just prefer warnings as opposed to being flamed. The image was created as an in joke for work collogues but as it has been said I am attending a convention with like minded peple I'm just testing the waters.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2041/215211...4ebb06cc6_b.jpg

Personally I prefer it without the wig, C&C?

Again, sorry if the image causes offence to anyone. I will remove the link immediately on request. I personally don't find it offensive and thinks its quite funny but I understand why there are some who may.

Edited by Deap

Dude, as someone who has done several con parties in female costumes (or crossplay if you will), then I say go for it! I was thinking of maybe doing that costume myself! (Of course, there will be boobs and make up involved too...)

Dude, as someone who has done several con parties in female costumes (or crossplay if you will), then I say go for it! I was thinking of maybe doing that costume myself! (Of course, there will be boobs and make up involved too...)

Are you trying to say my boobs in that pic aren't accurately large enough!!!!

Are you trying to say my boobs in that pic aren't accurately large enough!!!!

Well... my moobs are bigger! lol

LMAO! You HAVE to go like that! It's a sci-fi convention, nobody's going to think anything of it other than the odd mother who's never been to a sci-fi con before.

So... I bought a blonde wig! Waiting for that to come, LOL. Maybe I'll post a pic in the blue costume with the wig on. I need to tan first though... pale people and blonde don't mix.

LMAO! You HAVE to go like that! It's a sci-fi convention, nobody's going to think anything of it other than the odd mother who's never been to a sci-fi con before.

So... I bought a blonde wig! Waiting for that to come, LOL. Maybe I'll post a pic in the blue costume with the wig on. I need to tan first though... pale people and blonde don't mix.

your outfit is brill. did you make it or is a bought one?

A friend in the USA had it custom made for me. So, it was bought in the sense of being paid for, but made in the sense that it's custom.

I can't even sew a button on! LOL

A friend in the USA had it custom made for me. So, it was bought in the sense of being paid for, but made in the sense that it's custom.

I can't even sew a button on! LOL

haha.

are you having a logo for the front?

lol. No. I probably should before I go to the con, huh?

I would recommend everyone on here does, I can hold my tongue on the forum but at the convention in the heat of conversation Lots of people will be saying I love that bit where X happens to Y.

It will be spoiled majorly by the end of the convention.