Tickets

themasterq8

10th August they went on sale I think.

They've only been on sale a month and half have gone already?

Do you reckon the sales speed will slow down now or speed up? and is there any chance that if they sell so fast Massive events will increase the amount of tickets?

I ask as you obviously have much more experience here than a lot of the rest of us do.

• Moderators

Well it's only for gold tickets, and those are limited so it's very unlikely they'd consider increasing them. I'm not aware of them ever doing such a thing for any of their other events.

As this is their first 'convention' they've run, it's hard to tell how fast tickets would sell.

With them being on sale so close to LFACC, were people saving money for that and then buying for Eclipse sometime after? Or did they buy them before to make sure? Will the Heroes guests at LFACC have encouraged people to book for this? There are various factors that we just won't know.

I'm not sure how 'normal' ticket sales are going.

Best thing as with any event really is to buy ASAP. Better to be safe than sorry.

I can't see them increasing the number of gold tickets....

and i'm sure there was probably a bit of a surge in sales after comicon.

( i hear they were advertising this event pretty radically there)

but if you don't get one i'm sure there will probably be a couple on sale on Ebay with people not being able to attend and all that. (though seeing as the tickts don't get posted until 2 weeks before that's cutting it abit fine)

good luck

I don't want anything increased. 800[ish] guests is enough. Comic Con was too frantic, so Eclipse can be a lot more enjoyable with less waiting and queuing.

I don't want it increased either but if its so popular that they sell out in half the time between now and the event would they increase the number of tickets to get more money. Sorry I mean "give more people the opportunity to go". :unsure:

can they increase the amount or is 800 the venues max?

It would be an EXTREMELY foolish and counterproductive idea to increase. People don't tend to return to crowded and therefore poorly organised weekend cons. They'd be killing their own business and the satisfaction of the guests... therein killing their own business further.

• Moderators

Yep, as the hotel itself is limited, and they've already announced ticket numbers, it'd be highly unlikely they'd consider increasing numbers.

These 'conventions' are by definition meant to be a slightly more relaxed and less packed way of interacting with guests etc.

• Showmasters Admin

10th August they went on sale I think.

They've only been on sale a month and half have gone already?

Do you reckon the sales speed will slow down now or speed up? and is there any chance that if they sell so fast Massive events will increase the amount of tickets?

I ask as you obviously have much more experience here than a lot of the rest of us do.

Hi there,

Ticket sales are going very well for the event! :P We have almost sold out of Gold Programmes and so if you want to book one of those I would advise doing so very soon. Standard Programmes are more readily available and you should still be ok booking those for a while.

We do have our first magazine adverts coming out soon, so that will speed up the sales of tickets, as will the end of the month when people get paid, so just bear all that in mind!

So far as numbers available are concerned, we WILL NOT increase the numbers on what we originally stated. That wouldn't be fair on those who have already booked, so just to confirm that there will only be 100 Gold Programmes and a further 700 Standard.

Hope that answers everyones questions, but if you need anything else just post and I'll answer as soon as I can!

Mark :chair: