Saturday

SciFiMAD

I admit the lighting could have been better, but I'm not one to gripe. My camera (which is hardly top of the line) took some pretty good photos that I'm certainly happy with.

Personally, I had an amazing time. I got to meet some really nice guests (ones that will actually talk to you). Linda Clark talked about what it was like on the set of 'Doctor Who', Devon Murray discussed his progress with 'Deathly Hallows' and Murray Melvin was just an all around gentleman.

Great work, Showmasters! Keep it up!

i had a great time... have to admit it was a wee bit dark .... but the place wasnt too big so i could get my way around without forgettin where i came from! i actually thought this time round the event was alot more organised i thoroughly enjoyed it!!!

:chair:

I have to agree. A bit dark in some areas.

Guests were great, even Dom as he knew we was very busy. William Mapother was favourite guest of the day we had a long chat. Got sketches from Artists

All in all great day out !!!

:D

Edited by Mcfly

I had a great day. Agree with everyone about the lighting.

Loved the guests I met, especially Andee Frizzell, who was just fantastic!! I could have an actual chat with her, which you can't with Dominic (which I understand). His line was really long. But the few minutes I did spend with him were super! He's a real sweetheart :chair:

Agree with most of the posts, lighting was lousy felt like you were in an undergroun car park and in some areas verging on a health and safety risk. Some ailes were very tight as well, spoke to some of the dealers and they said much the same thing, actually saw one dealer using a torch. On a better note the guests were great and were more than happy to pose for pictures using flash photography. The best guest for me was Mads Mikkelsen what a great guy, went to his talk which was very good as long as you were sitting in the first five rows, any further back and you probably could not hear due to the poor sound system, as for the next show head downstairs to where the lighting was better and more space if not get another venue as my headmaster said to me at school 'could do better'

I was pretty disappointed with the venue this time, too. I enjoyed the con itself, but the venue... well, let me just make a list.

1-- There was, AGAIN, not nearly enough seating - hell, hardly any at all. You just try not being able to sit down all day when you have arthritis and you're walking around in three-inch heels as a part of your costume. I couldn't sit on the floor because completely aside from it making my cloak dirty, I wouldn't have been able to get up again. So I'm thoroughly annoyed with that, as that's the reason that I couldn't cosplay Sunday as well as Sat-- I was in too much pain from being on those damn heels all day with barely a break. *grumbles*

2-- The lighting was lousy. I had to have my camera set on "night" to get anything decent out of it.

3-- Talks? Did I hear more than about one sentence in three during any of the talks I attended? No, I could not. The background noise was crazy and the mic was down way too low.

4-- The 'labyrinth' effect! I'm not the only one who noticed... I got lost trying to find my way out of the hall three times, and as for finding anything else...

I thought the lighting was deliberate at 9am on Saturday; by 11 I realised it probably wasn't an 'it's early, let's not blind people' ploy. On the VT front, it's clearly stated all over the forum that it's one VT per person, if you want one for a friend get them to queue with you blah blah blah....yet yesterday the guy giving out Dom's gave 3 to one person. And on the subject of Dom, I was unpleasantly surprised that someone who's just come back from a photoshoot followed by lunch could look so bored and like he wanted to be anywhere but at that table. It was truly the worst SM event I've been to - I couldn't face going back today so ordered a Patrick Stewart auto from MSPG and stayed in bed instead.

On the plus side, the darkness kept it cooler, the guy with Devon on Saturday was very smiley, and there were plenty of things to do after I'd had enough at 2pm like buying random stuff in Cybercandy. Mmmmm, chocolate fish and watermelon popping candy :P I can't see me rushing to book for next year though - it would take a move back to EC2 to even tempt me in the slightest!

And on the subject of Dom, I was unpleasantly surprised that someone who's just come back from a photoshoot followed by lunch could look so bored and like he wanted to be anywhere but at that table.

I'm surprised you say that as Dom seemed very nice to me and he seemed as though he wanted to spend more time with the guests but due to business he couldn't.

Edited by Lambourne

And on the subject of Dom, I was unpleasantly surprised that someone who's just come back from a photoshoot followed by lunch could look so bored and like he wanted to be anywhere but at that table.

I'm surprised you say that as Dom seemed very nice to me and he seemed as though he wanted to spend more time with the guests but due to business he couldn't.

He said hello but He really looked like he wanted to get away fast!

He was laying back in his chair, clapping sarcastically along with the people in the talk area, scribbling on the pics and snapping 'take a sticker'. Give me Bill Shatner any day!

He was laying back in his chair, clapping sarcastically along with the people in the talk area, scribbling on the pics and snapping 'take a sticker'. Give me Bill Shatner any day!

He also kept saying 'awsome' in a dodgy american accent for no reason while signing...