Why you meeting Ralph Brown ?

dufresne

So pleased that Ralph is coming - been suggesting him for ages. So many excellent reasons to meet him. Alien 3, Withnail and I, Wayne's World 2, The Crying Game, Jonathan Creek (!) - hell even a little franchise set in a galaxy far far away !

I want him to sign my JC boxset (9th sig) and Alien 3 print (2nd). Depending on funds, I'll bring my Withnail tin DVD case as well.

Which signed items will find their way into your collection ? ....

I'm not going to LFCC but I'm an Alien 3 fan and liked him in Waynes World 2 too.

I already met him and had a chat back at the Aliens Fan Club Convention in 1999 in Shepperton at some hotel. Apparently they said he never does cons but agreed to do that one.

He brought with him his journal from when Alien 3 was filmed giving details of his thoughts and expereince as well as his negativity towards towards Sigourney Weaver (cant remember what the beef was). I asked about the film's original opening as detailed in the Dark Horse comic and novelization about the foetus crawling out of Newt and into Ripley, he said that was actually filmed and part of Fincher's original cut (though others I asked since deny it). He said Fincher's original cut which only he and Weaver saw (from the cast) was better than any "Alien" film to date but sadly was cut to what it is now due to poor preview screenings where many of the American teenage boys simply "didn't get the idea of a bunch of bald English men running around". He anticipated an Alien 3 SE DVD but "not till after maybe Fincher has had a string of successes."

He said he and Fincher had discussed working together in the future (to date they havnt) and that he was even the original choice of John Doe in Se7en. He was quite a talkative guest but not that enthusiastic though he did arrive late from heavy traffic so might have been stressed out. Actually he was outside at one point having a smoke and asked my then-girlfriend if she was enjoying herself so I guess he must have been an ok guy to be there.

Edited by nicky

Withnail for me. with a quote hopefully!!!

'If I medicine you....'

Watched it again at the weekend, awesome film!!!

I met Paul at GMex and he did a great auto with 'My thumbs have gone weird' quote.

Star Wars for my other half becuase it just has to be done!