William Sanderson

fugaziuk

He wasn't that busy- which was better for me as I got to chat to him about all things Deadwood. Really friendly, chatty and great sense of humour. Got a big laugh out of him when I told him in a town full of scumbags his character was the worst of the lot! He said that was the best comment he had heard all weekend. Totally forgot to ask about the new Blade Runner dvd but if anyone else did what did he say?

Totally forgot to ask about the new Blade Runner dvd but if anyone else did what did he say?

You want it? You got it.

-He said he had been emailed about the BR DVD but wasnt sure if it was "official".

-He'd heard Joanna Cassidy had re-shot scenes from other fans and said he'd ask her about that as he was still friends with her...he liked her.

-He hasnt done any interview stuff yet but does want a piece of the action if there's money on offer.

-The new cut is due theatrically this summer.

-He still talks to Ridley Scott on the phone and when Ridly asked what he was up to, William said, "I'm waiting on you to offer me a role".

-He expected BR to be a big summer blockbuster type of film and was disappointed it wasnt.

-He didnt really read the source material and never saw Alien either, Scott even asked him that too.

-His motivation from Scott for JF Sebastion was "this man is totally innocent".

-Someone gave him a Japanese BR cap and he showed it me hoping I could translate but I'm Chinese.. He apologised for his ignorance.

-He also was disappointed with Last Man Standing but enjoyed working with Bruce Willis who signed a picture for Willaim's son.

-He said the 2 things in common he and Willis had were that they were both bar-tenders...but Bruce didnt graduate college he joked. Then asked, "you're not wearing a wire are you???"

-He could tell I worked in TV but I never kissed ass which is why I never got that far. He told me he did and then jokingly throttled me!!!

-He said he sometimes didn't "get" Walter Hill who cast him in Last Man Standing and then Deadwood.

-He never knew there was a remake of Walter Hill's The Warriors due but told me he's a freind of one of the cast, Micheal Beck I think.

-He said Walter Hill is currently writing a western.

-He kept apologising for taking my time when in fact I was taking his.

-I said he'd aged well in 25 yrs and he joked he never won any beauty pagents. I said he should tell his wife I said that.

He got the role in BR cos one of the producers I think saw him in something earlier.

He was a great guest.

Edited by nicky

Thanks for that Nicky - its interesting to see how he has remained friends with a lot of the people he has worked with. He said if hbo keep stalling its gonna be harder and harder to put together the deadwood tv movies that were promised, as everyone is going onto different projects. We also talked about Sexy Beast and how great Ian Mcshane was in that movie. He even introduced me to his assistant who must have had a great time spending the day with him- the guy is just full of so many stories.

I was with Bill on Friday as his assistant and can't say how wonderful it was to listen to all his conversations with you guy's - I only hope that the TV project he heard about when he rang his wife goes ahead. It sounds great.

Did he mention Elvis to any one else? :P

Anne

Edited by Dragon Home

Excellent guest, I met him on Monday, got him to sign an X-Files poster for his guest starring appearance in the episode Blood.

We talked for about 5-10 minutes on his experiences while working on this episode, he told us how dedicated, professional and friendly David Duchovny was and said Gillian Anderson was a very sensual woman (just liked I’d always imaged)

Had a great time meeting him, highlight of C11 for me.

Edited by stobbs

He was great. He kept calling me 'sir', my wife 'ma'am' and our boy 'son'. He also mentioned the much hoped for, cross-format release of BR. He then joked about Ian Mcshane, saying that he was on a special mission for Ian, to bring back some COLEMAN'S ENGLISH MUSTARD home with him :P

He was really friendly and polite and was well worth meeting. I had him sign the photo of him with Rutger Hauer from BR, where their characters are in the lift on the way up to see TYRELL.

Such a good guest, thanks SM.

Edited by SlippDigby

i agree he was a great guest, i met him on friday and i was intending just to get one signed pic of him then saw the pic with rutger and thought i can live on bread and water an extra week and got both.

he was happy to pose for a pic with me , a real gentleman.

there was no que on friday but i did see a steady streem of people the rest of the weekend so im happy for him and the other people who got to meet him.

He kissed me on both cheeks on sunday (after asking for permission to me to "step out of character for a second") when i left to the train station to go back in Belgium... he even tried to talk french a bit..

Adorable guy, and really intersting to listen to.. you learn plenty of things...

I was with Bill on Friday as his assistant and can't say how wonderful it was to listen to all his conversations with you guy's - I only hope that the TV project he heard about when he rang his wife goes ahead. It sounds great.

Did he mention Elvis to any one else? :D

Anne

hi anne, I was his assistent on sunday!!! LOL!! yes he mentioned Elvis :)

He also mentioned you and told me you were lovely :)

I really hope the project goes ahead too cos it sounded brilliant! he showed me the book its based on too.

He was a fabulous guest and i really enjoyed working with him!!

he kept introducing me to everyone and thanx to him I got to meet some of the other guests, cos he called them over to introduce them to me!!!! :)

LOL!!! he was a fantastic guest, so funny and just really lovely :)

I had a great time on sunday, he kept me entertained :)

Donna

hi anne, I was his assistent on sunday!!!

Ah you were there when he kissed me on the cheeks then :) And when he mispelled his own name...:)

He was adorable, wasn't he?

HEEHEE he did :)

nothing to worry about, he just meant you made him wanna flirt :)

and he's a married man and didn't wanna offend you!!

WOW.. :smile:

He seemed a bit flirty, yes, but eh, he's an actor and they all are, aren't they? :chair:

I'm not offended at all....I take that as a BIG compliment! ;)

*blushes purple*

Hey.. that explains the kisses, now! :o