How photo sessions work

mike_sman

Hi

For instance im going for the Brandon Routh Session.

I guess from reading , there are 400 tickets to be sold for the session,

do we just join a queue for hours before, or do we get a number so we know where we are,

i prefer the virtual ticket.

cheers for any advice.

Coming from Cardiff myself on the saturday.

Mike

Going by what's been done in the past, the photo session only lasts an hour. You need to queue up beforehand but the queue obviously moves very fast and all 400 people will be done in that time, so it wont really matter if you join the queue early or not.

Many thanks, but i guess most people will try and get in the queue early.

i look forward to it. cheers Mike

400 in an hour - thats like 15 seconds each. Is it the same photographer for all the photo sessions, I have three sessions in a row with Anthony, James and Charisma, am I likely to be able to do all three cos I am a little worried I may miss out. Anyone help? Ooh and what to wear - do the guests wear standard black trousers and top or do they wear whatever they feel like wearing that day? Sorry I'm a first timer.:smile:

it has been the same photographe previously yes and yes the guests do pretty much wear whatever they like!

some attendees like to wear costumes or show/film themed t-shirts for particular guests, you'd probably have time to change if you wanted, the toilets are right in John Lewis so it's not far at all! you will be able to do all 3 with no problems, I worked on the photoshoots at GMEX 2 and saw several people constantly in the q! you would just need to exit from the shoot and then re-join the right q for the next guest ;)

hope that helps?

pleae do check out the FAQ at the top for more info :smile:

surfy sah xx

This question is probably in the almighty FAQ :firedevil: But seeing as this is about the photo sessions, can you have half of your photos taken and then re-q up to do the other half ? Or have you got to have them done all together ????

Cheers :firedevil:

Edited by hells childe 17

:WINCE: I can't add up can I - I now reckon its 9 seconds, must have counted on the same hand twice cos 15 seconds means introducing toes into the equation doh! crikey that is some turnaround. I have been working out my wearables so that they were layered in order of guest which for me is clever. I also have a session with James on the Sunday so I was gonna use Saturday as a practice run for trying to look good in a photo (Sunday being with a major hangover I think not). Next dumb question is are you allowed to touch the guests? cos in 9 seconds it seems a bit like a grab and run which I think would be rather rude, I suppose they are used to it, but should one ask first?, as I have a picture of Dru and Spike I would like to emulate (not that James is anything like spike these days or I am anything like Dru at all). All answers are prob on FAQ but I would rather get the gen from peeps who know what its all about first hand. Think Ill go away now.... :P

This question is probably in the almighty FAQ :WINCE: But seeing as this is about the photo sessions, can you have half of your photos taken and then re-q up to do the other half ? Or have you got to have them done all together ????

Cheers :P

Well I guess you could, if the queue is long enough. I don't think someone will stop you from doing this.

Next dumb question is are you allowed to touch the guests? cos in 9 seconds it seems a bit like a grab and run which I think would be rather rude, I suppose they are used to it, but should one ask first?, as I have a picture of Dru and Spike I would like to emulate (not that James is anything like spike these days or I am anything like Dru at all). All answers are prob on FAQ but I would rather get the gen from peeps who know what its all about first hand.

From the sessions I have done at Showmasters so far the guest usually puts his arm around your waist or shoulder and you do the same. Is this what you consider "grab and run"? :pyth:

Normally you catch pretty easy from the set up what you're allowed to do and what not.

If you got a special pose in mind ask the guest first if he'd mind doing it. Depending on the pose a guest might refuse.

Besides that, they usually set things up so that photos are taken very fast with the guests who are in high demand. Like Elijah who was sitting on a chair and you stood next to him. Special poses take extra time, so I am not entirely sure if emulating a picture would be allowed.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

Ah the pic I want is dead easy its basically a side by sider with a bit of a hand holding - I was gonna show him the pic and ask politely. The run and grab comment sounds silly but it just seems like a 'hi thanks bye' marathon or in my case some form of garbled gurgling with a bit of drool just for max :blink: embarassment.

Okay, I'm pretty sure I read this in some other thread here, but I can't, for the life of me, find it...

So here goes:

How early should one start to queue for an photo-op? Or actually I'm more interested in how late can you arrive and still have your pic with the guest?

I'm asking this because I gambled a bit when ordering the photo op with Anthony Head. And now it seems there's less thatn an hour between the train arriving to MK and the start of the photo-op.

And somehow I think I should check-in to the hotel too...

-Tyra, the one afraid she just wasted her money

Anthony will have one of the longer photo sessions It hink. Not as long as James, but he's going to spend a fair amount of time in the photo area. More than half an hour I think.

There's an area to store bags during the session near the photo area, so in my eyes your best bet will be to go to the Centre first and get your photo taken, then get back to the hotel and check in (if that's possible going from the distance of the hotel to the Centre). Most hotels don't let people check in before the early afternoon anyway.

Hello...this is my first time attending an event like this, and I am easily confused, as you might tell from my following questions..!

Apologies they have been answered in the FAQ, I have had a look, but I may have speed-read them in my excitement!

:YAHOO: Firstly, I'm not clear on what happens in the photo session. At the same time as you have your photo taken (well, just before or after) can you ask for something to be signed? I'm mainly interested in the photo, but if I can take a picture for them to sign, or acquire one at the event I shall do.

:D Also, I have my photoshoot tickets for Brandon (2.25pm) and Anthony (11am) and am hoping to get there for 7am. Which Virtual Ticket queue would you suggest going for first?

:YAHOO: Thanks x

• Moderators

Photo sessions are just for photos, and they're in a separate area from the signings. If you want autographs you'll have to queue up in the guest areas.

I'd go for Brandon first because it's his first appearance, then Anthony :YAHOO: though both will probably be busy.

:cylon: Firstly, I'm not clear on what happens in the photo session. At the same time as you have your photo taken (well, just before or after) can you ask for something to be signed? I'm mainly interested in the photo, but if I can take a picture for them to sign, or acquire one at the event I shall do.

This has been covered somewhere, but I have no idea if it was the FAQ. *g*

No, you can not ask for something to be signed in the photo session. You only get your picture taken with the guest. :YAHOO:

:cylon: Also, I have my photoshoot tickets for Brandon (2.25pm) and Anthony (11am) and am hoping to get there for 7am. Which Virtual Ticket queue would you suggest going for first?

:YAHOO: Thanks x

You only need VQ tickets for the autographs, not for the photo sessions. If you only want pictures with them you only have to be at the photo session area at the time of the photo shoot (or shortly thereafter).

If you're referring to VQs for autographs, who do you want to meet? Only Brandon and Anthony?

EDIT: Serves me right for typing it up nicely! :D

I personally would go for Anthony first because I remember he ran out of VQ tickets at past events, and there'll be lots of Buffy fans there because of James.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

:YAHOO: Thankyou so much for your speedy replies, that really helps.

I am just going for the photo sessions for Anthony(11am) and Brandon(2.25pm) and if I don't need virtual tickets for those, I'm thinking I probably don't need to get up at stupid o'clock as I'm travelling from Lincoln.

If my first photo is at 11am would arriving at 9 am give me time, or what do you suggest?

:YAHOO: Sorry to go on, but I'm a bit nervous and would hate to miss out on anything.

:D Thanks again x