Crappy gimmicks

Austin Powers

Well Dunn - Extremely naff 90's tag team. Anyone remember them?

Mantaur - Extremely naff half man/half minotaur again during the 90's.

These were the two I would have nominated as well. I certainly remember them. It's hard to forget crappy stuff like that.

Thankfully the Ultimate Giant somehow slipped past me.

They were wierd

Fake Gay weddings and Rico as thier stylist now thats lame

And Billy is now doing Hot Choclate Adverts .

Way to go VKM

Despite hating the Billy & Chuck gimmick, I liked the wedding angle it was a good way to set up an inter-brand tag match with B&C vs 3MW. Who would have thought Jamal would be the only one currently on WWE TV still?

• 2 weeks later...

God this could be such a looooong list.

As per previous comments I have to go for Giant Gonzalez/El Gigante (what did Ted Turner think he was doing when he brought this bloke over 'Gee he's a big lad he can play basket ball, Oh hang on no he can't he's crap DAM!! Lets stick him in wrestling instead)

Bastion Booger

Duke "The Dumpster" Droese

Farooq Asad (I thought he was great in the APA though)

The Genius (and the Beverly Brothers)

Jean Pierre Lafitte

Mantaur

"Narcissist" Lex Luger (this had to be Lex Lugers worst run in wrestling)

Repo Man

The Red Rooster

Skinner

The Sultan

Isaac Yankem

The list could go on and on I looked in some old sticker books I have kept since I was little for that list on top of that as other have said you have got vast majourity of the WCW line up cause they just churned out even more naff stuff than WWF did

123 kid lost a loser wears a diaper match at WM12 , and goldust as TAFKAG dressed up as baby new year.

And when you bring up rockabilly you have to cover the 'real' double J as well. A crappy gimmick playing off another crappy gimmick. I bet they smelled the money on that one.

Also look how the WWF treated Barry Windham when he came to the WWF in 1996 - The Stalker!

Mid 90's WWF was really messed up before the attitude era.

It was the period that they just tried to cash in on everything, they had such crap names I remember watching a programme that covered the Droz era and how they sat around the table thinkin how to use him as a wrestler, early 90's was a bit like a panto.

Then came along Steve Austin 'The Ring Master' FFS, change his name and his attitude give him a bit of freedom on the mic and the attitude era is born thank god they realised they hit gold with him!!

I think its more difficult to get people to take to a gimick nowadays, because the audience of today find it a lot harder to believe them, they change character to much and many other reasons. I have watched wrestling now for about 25 years (showin me age now) apart from the Big Daddy era which was naff but great family viewing (those nans with hand bags at the ring side edge lol) the early 90's was just crap and if they aint careful they will be repeating thereselves but this time around they can do cause whos the competion??? TNA??