Thanks guys..What a great event!

The Watcher

I visited Collectormania GMEX 2 today and just thought I'd post a thread to say THANKS to all involved. I had a great time - no hassle, no long queues. All the staff/crew I encountered were friendly and helpful. Well done to GMex for having staff that have both initiative and personality!!! There was a great atmosphere which helped to make the day even better. .....Can't wait for the next one..... :D

Yeah was really good event.

Well organised.

Good autographs in my gold pass bag.

Nice guests.

Great hot fuzz talk (shame I didn't have time to get autos :-(

That nutter from the board did't turn up and cause trouble (didn't see him anyway).

Not as many in costume as my last show at LFCC this summer. But maybe thats because most costumes are a bit skimpy (lara croft etc) and it was frikkin freezin. Have to sort my own costume out soon.

Only problem I had all day was that there were no Crow/Firefly pics for Andrew Byranski to sign. Have to trawn the net for one and bring it to the next show.

PS. personal hygeine of some of the people there was slightly questionable. Im gonna be pressing for a ban on stinkers for the next event. Or at least a deoderant spray on entry. (Like in marathons where they run through a hoop with water spraying down).

Thanks for a great day :)

I was considering not attending this show, since there were only a couple of people who I wanted to meet signing. However, I had an amazing time... as did my younger sister and her friend. It was their first Collectormania, so thanks for making it a good one!

Yes, well done Showmasters.

My partner and I left at 4am Saturday morning to get there for 7:30am. As we were buying tickets on the door we were really worried about getting tickets for the Hot Fuzz talk but we managed it so that just made the day for us. We also brought my 8 year old daughter, Storm, with this time as she is a HUGE fan of the A-Team and was soooo excited at the thought of meeting Dwight and Dirk!! :YAHOO:

We got to meet everyone we wanted to and see Simon Pegg and Nick Frost but unfortunately our day ended rather badly . . . :YAHOO:

We were near the front for the Hot Fuzz talk which was awesome but then when they started throwing out T-shirts everyone went crazy trying to catch them, standing on chairs and stuff. In all this confusion the guy next to us fell over his girlfriend and they BOTH fell on TOP of my 8 year old daughter, crushing her against the chairs!!! :(

Now I don't exactly blame them (in a situation like that accidents can happen) although I did give them some "drop dead" looks and my partner was ready to hit someone :D At this stage everyone had got up and was queing for signing tickets and we were the only ones still sat down with a scared and crying little girl. My problem is with the staff. I realise that they were helping organise the queues but loads of them looked at us and could blatently see that there was a problem but NOT ONE came and asked us if we were okay!!! :YAHOO:

And now a big thank you to everyone who DID ask if she was okay!! She did eventually get over it and we did go on and join the back of the queue for the signing. She is also still looking forward to C11 and meeting James Marsters!! She did say that she didn't want to go to any more "talks" though!!! :YAHOO:

awwww that's so sad - I was in the talk too but was right at the back behind two really tall men - one who actually worked with Nick on Man/Woman, so I din't see much. But one of them caught me a t shirt as I had no chance - it's massive though so I'm gonna either wear it as a night shirt or turn wearing shirts 3 sizes too big with jeans into my new fashion statement.

Glad your daughter's ok, and glas she is still looking forward to future events

People do get a bit excitable don't they. Thought I was a geek but after going to a few of these events and seeing these people I have realised im actually a lot cooler than I thought. I didn't even bother going for t-shirts. I seriously doubt any t-shirts would have fitted most of the people who got them anyway. Unless they were XXXXXL or bought from High & Mighty.

Did kinda suck that the people who queued for an hour+ to get to the front of the hot fuzz talk were the last to get the autograph tickets because they were given out at the back of the hall. Meant that I had to go before getting autographs. Wasn't much pre-planning as usual. Took a while to get the virtual queueing at events working efficiently so im sure in about 3 or 4 events time the talks may be sorted out ;-)

Plus, what was all the hugging about guys??? I love simon and nick and their work but certainly never wanted to cuddle them :-s Creepy.

We - me and my 8 year old son - had a great, if tiring, day :thumbup:

My son was disappointed when Superman cancelled, but he soon got over it and despite there only being three Harry Potter guests (and none from Lost - maybe next time?), I still managed to go way over budget! My son had his photo taken with the Phelps twins, which we later had signed and dedicated - a great momento of the day.

There seemed to be a greater variety of stall this time, which was great - my son has one complaint, though: there was nowhere to sit!!! His little legs were tired by mid-afternoon, and while we waited for his photo to arrive we ended up sitting on the floor!

Gulp - it's not long to the next one, is it?! Better start saving, quick :coolthumb:

Thanks to everyone involved for a great day :unsure:

my son has one complaint, though: there was nowhere to sit!!! His little legs were tired by mid-afternoon, and while we waited for his photo to arrive we ended up sitting on the floor!

I usually end up doing that too.... but at the grand old age of 21! :coolthumb: lol!

Sounds like everyone had a great time! :thumbup:

Mel

Despite the lack of any big 'draw' for the masses I thought it was quite busy for a Sunday.

I wanted to go today - if only for Graeme Garden & Tim Brooke-Taylor, but I couldn't. It wasn't a money thing (I only spent about £30 and that includes travel, entrance and the Paul McGann atograph I got) but I went despite being ill so really couldn't go both days (spent all today recovering lol)

Cheers for a great weekend Showmasters. Went on Saturday hoping to meet Simon and Nick and got to the talk and got their authographs, met the Phelps twins who were great.

Sunday was great, met all the guests I wanted to meet, all were very friendly and chatty. I'll definatly be heading back in March.

Hi

First time poster here.

Would just like to say my sister and i had a brilliant time at Gmex :coolthumb: . We got to meet everyone we hoped to and more (bank account is crying it has nothing left in it) Best part for me was meeting Joe and Kavan :unsure: , but Craig Parker was a blast too!! :thumbup:

Thanks Showmasters see you in March for Gmex 3

i had a brill time on saturday! ! ! :thumbup: i loved the stalls (i spent most of my time at the tokyotoys and the one with replica weapons...) but i was knackered and needed to sit on the floor (luckily i wasn't the only one i saw at least 4 doing the same) although the only main problem is now i don't have any money ah well :coolthumb:

I had a wonderful time SM got a wicked response from Robert Englund (especially Robert), Colin Baker and Paul McGann just like to say thank you and hope to meet them again, Robert Englund told me i was Spiffy and style ish heehee that made my day and he also recognised me the next day too. :smile:

Had a nice time, met the guests I wanted to meet, but I do feel the stalls lacked variety. Not a lot of costumes either...I'm almost glad I didn't wear mine, but I think I would have stuck out like a sore thumb! MK still has the edge for me, but G-mex has got plenty of room to grow :)

Went yesterday at 11 prebooked my ticket and was 4th in the que despite not getting there until 10:45!! Just like to say all of the crew were very friendly and helpful and actually became part of the whole event. At one time I should my "handstamp" and the crew member asked me if I could be any camper next time!! (something I have been accussed of in the past). The guests were great and friendly and the A-Team talk was superb.

The cafe was expensive but you expect that at these centres. I agree that it would have been good to have somewhere to sit especially as I found myself wandering aimlessly for most of the afternoon waiting for the a team and Robert Englund photos to come back.

There was a lack of something though - maybe because it was a big hall and not particulary busy it just seemed empty!? Maybe some music or something could have livened it up abit.

All in all a terrific day - I did recognise some of you from here from previous photos and things - maybe next time I'll come and say hello (but you did seem a little clicky!).

See yer at the next one.

cheers, Darren

Went yesterday at 11 prebooked my ticket and was 4th in the que despite not getting there until 10:45!! Just like to say all of the crew were very friendly and helpful and actually became part of the whole event. At one time I showed my "handstamp" and the crew member asked me if I could be any camper next time!! (something I have been accussed of in the past). The guests were great and friendly and the A-Team talk was superb.

The cafe was expensive but you expect that at these centres. I agree that it would have been good to have somewhere to sit especially as I found myself wandering aimlessly for most of the afternoon waiting for the a team and Robert Englund photos to come back.

There was a lack of something though - maybe because it was a big hall and not particulary busy it just seemed empty!? Maybe some music or something could have livened it up abit.

All in all a terrific day - I did recognise some of you from here from previous photos and things - maybe next time I'll come and say hello (but you did seem a little clicky!).

See yer at the next one.

cheers, Darren

i went on the saturday travelled all the way from northampton 2 GMex just to meet Julie Benz, she was very chatty n friendly and i had some pics taken with her and had a hug and got a personalised autograph also! didnt seem as many stalls as MK but none the less i had a great day! thanks Showmasters! see you next year at GMex and MK!

:smile:

Yes we (me,hubby and kids) had a great day (Saturday). No stress, staff and guests were all relaxed, very chatty AND THEY ALL POSED FOR PHOTOS.

NO RUSHED GUESTS FOR PICS AND TALKING (just goes to show doesnt it).

The Realm people were gr8 the kids loved it made their day too.( Ewan lookalike was gr8 2).

Spent more money than expected to but hey.

Photo shoots were excellent although very long queues (to be expected with such a gr8 line up of guests).

My son still hasnt stop talking about who he met (Daniel Logan and Jeremy Bulloch, hes only 7).

Cant wait for more conventions like this one. (evry1 relaxed being no JCB)

Must say Sunday was gr8 2 LOTR talk was a laugh made me so happy to have gone.

Photos took longer than expected but never mind got to buy more stuff.

WAS VERY VERY HAPPY

great weekend SM :D