Hotel Lilly

Alx

As those of you who were with me were aware, we agreed that the Lilly was below living standards inb several cases, and I know that I ended up in one of the better rooms. However as I mentioned to a few people (and we know this is not SM's fault) I would report the hotel.

If anyone has any photos from the lilly please email them to me at dictionaries@hotmail.com

The hotel has been reported to Trading Standards, and they have just got back to me statikng that it was a dangerous building, and should not be allowed to continue opperating in that manner. However further to their line, they have asked me to contact the Health and Safety Executive because of the open cableing, screws sticking out and broken glass on the floor and work tops.

They have also asked me to contact Enviromental health with regards to the blood stains on the walls and bedding and the dirty mugs, and left over bottles of drink.

Any photos to acompany mine would be great. Also if you have any additions that you would like me to add when talking to either of the above let me know. I will phone them next week. (Room numbers also useful)

Alex

Alex,

I'm pretty sure your photos are of my room, ( don't think anyone but me and Ally had blood all over the bed). If not Marina has some excellent photos of that and the two broken fire doors etc.

I just wish we'd taken photo's of the first room we got given with the mouldy rancid fridge and the sewage smells.

I'm sure Donna won't mind me mentioning that she complained and managed to get some money refunded. When I contacted them, they said that only the person who made the booking could legitmately complain so as we booked under Showmasters we can't complain under our own steam for money back. That Friday night is one I certainly would like to forget!

edited to add:

I've just had a phone call from Hammersmith and Fulham Council Health and Safety Dept. in response to my email. They are now investigating the matter, when they have appointed an inspector which should be on Monday they will get back to me for the details of all the rooms and anyone else who would like to contribute to the enquiry. You can reach me on my msn of dawnandmaddy@hotmail.com if you want me to add you to the list. They've requested that we don't all ring them as that would lead to umpteen different inspectors being appointed and the H&S dept are going to run as the Enviromental dept's liasion as well. They've seen the photos and are making this a priority!

Edited by madmonster*

As has been stated - I paid for a room at the hotel so have a legitamate cause for complaint. Not only did they screw me over on the cost of the room but the room conditions were appalling as well. I have managed to secure a refund out of the hotel for the overcharge of the room but I'm with madmonster* on contacting Health and Safety etc. I've a number of complaints and the complaint can be made in my name as I had a booking there. I would suggest that everybody contact Dawn or myself (SilkValentine@aol.com) and we can take the complaint further.

Next Year - I'm booking the Hilton LOL :)

Donna

We knew it had a poor reputation in the past.. I guess it was hoped that things had improved. If anything things have worsened.

I fully understand that this was not SM's fault. They did everything they could, and this carried on into the show. And I appreciae the work Jola and Stuart put in when we got their, but it was just too late then. Lessons are learnt.. Im normally not too fussy where I sleep, aslong as their is enough room, and it is somewhat clean... Im normally happy with a floor, but I would have been eaten on that floor :P

A

Oh trust me I'll be complaining to the Lily as well on behalf of Showmasters.

If anyone stayed at the Lily as part of the crew booking can you please email me on jola.woplin @ ntlworld.com so that I can make a note of what your complaint was in respect of your room.

I know I had pretty much everyone complain to me over the weekend about the state of the place, but I'd prefer to have the complaints in writing so that I don't forget anything.

If you can get this to me as soon as possible that would be appreciated.

Thanks.

We knew it had a poor reputation in the past.. I guess it was hoped that things had improved. If anything things have worsened.

I fully understand that this was not SM's fault. And I appreciae the work Jola and Stuart put in when we got their, but it was just too late then.

It's hard - when you're told the hotel is now of an ok standard then you trust someone's judgement.

I *really* wish I had the time to view it myself before the booking was made for the crew but unfortunately I didn't and I *did* feel so bad for those of you stuck there. For which I am truly sorry. As most of you will know over the weekend I was so upset from what I was hearing - I cried, I actually cried through sheer fruistration, as I take pride in what I do in sorting out the hotel for crew and usually problems are ironed out without too much hassle.

But this one was totally out of my control and I promise IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN.

But I'm sure if we can all work together on this one, then justice will be done!

Edited by Jola

maybe they haven't see the thread? :D

maybe you could send an email out to everyone on the crew list and just say sorry if this doesnt apply to you... if you you were in the hotel...at lfcc...and wish to complain please contact me

or something, incase there are people that dont come on the forums all the regularly ....

Good point there actually - I have a list of the crew who did actually stay there so that won't be hard - just my brain not thinking properly due to heat and migraines.....

why thanks! LOL i hope you manage to get it sorted, i have no clue what the problem was seeing as a) dont know anyone who stayed there and :WAVE: didnt crew so didnt hear anything about it!

Good point there actually - I have a list of the crew who did actually stay there so that won't be hard - just my brain not thinking properly due to heat and migraines.....

why thanks! LOL i hope you manage to get it sorted, i have no clue what the problem was seeing as a) dont know anyone who stayed there and :YAHOO: didnt crew so didnt hear anything about it!

at least some of the problems are above :dance::YAHOO:

its interesting reading, and better than a review by total strangers - i'm guessing the cost might not be too high with the conditions described though, or at least i'd hope no one was greatly out of pocket. but i doubt i'd go to a place of the name, now, after hearin this stuff...

• 1 month later...

Apart from one person (who has complained themselves) no one has bothered emailing me with their complaints so I couldn't really do anything my end as I didn't stay there - it's difficult for me to complain without the input from everyone else.