Season 3 Discussion

Keeper

ok, yeah, there's no point fillin up the finale's thread with speculation is there? :blush:

soo... what do you think/hope will happen in season 3?

or has anyone actually heard anything?

the daleks survived - at least one of them fell through time during the finale, and the rest have just been sent to hell/voidspace, so no guarantee that they're dead yet.

and ppl have mentioned hopes for the timelords to return - this led me to think about something that was mentioned at the start of the season.

the Face of Bo said to the doctor in New Earth that they two of them will meet again - one last time. he also has a secret to give to the doctor.

could the Face of Bo be a timelord? i know it seems a bit far-fetched - but there doesn't seem to be much other explanation for knowing that they'll meet again - unless you've already seen the meeting occur. something which would be easy for a timelord.

also - remembered something from eccleston's time. he mentioned, during the time-travel to watch rose's father die, that they couldn't let themselves see themselves (or something like that)

but how come, during the end of the earth, he was able to say he'd been there several times? each regeneration might be able to travel each place anew... which may be good for repeating times/places in the previous seasons, OR might be used to explain how the Face of Bo (if he is a timelord) could have seen his last meeting with the doctor - a different regeneration might have allowed him to visit it. then again, it could just be me reading too much into something... :headscratch:

just thoughts, probably way off, but hey, speculation is fun! :thumbup:

I've always thought they spent too much on the Boe prop, and have had to crowbar it in to series two to justify the expense. Series three's pretty certain though.

I can see Russell restoring Gallifrey and the timelords sooner or later, and what was that "fall of Arcadia" nonsense ?

And with Mickey, Jackie and Pete gone as well as Rose, is it still going to be grounded on present day earth ? I always hated the Pertwee / UNIT moneysaving exercise. Some of the Doctors best times were with companions not from present day earth ! I assume Martha will be at least human ? It would be pretty naff if her extended family became part of the equasion now like Rose's did. I know for a fact that Captain Jack is in the first episode of series three, because John Barrowman said so the other week ......

I've always thought they spent too much on the Boe prop, and have had to crowbar it in to series two to justify the expense. Series three's pretty certain though.

I can see Russell restoring Gallifrey and the timelords sooner or later, and what was that "fall of Arcadia" nonsense ?

And with Mickey, Jackie and Pete gone as well as Rose, is it still going to be grounded on present day earth ? I always hated the Pertwee / UNIT moneysaving exercise. Some of the Doctors best times were with companions not from present day earth ! I assume Martha will be at least human ? It would be pretty naff if her extended family became part of the equasion now like Rose's did. I know for a fact that Captain Jack is in the first episode of series three, because John Barrowman said so the other week ......

I think it would be cool if Martha was from the past and so each journey to another world or the future would see her learning more and more about how the universe progresses.

But please, no mothers, boyfriends or any other consistent ties to Earth with Martha :D

I'm one of them who hopes they do a return of the Timelords storyline.

I actually thought that was what the Genesis Ark contained. I even thought that the Dalek who escaped may turn out to be Davros..

As for the 'Fall Of Arcadia' I wonder if this is the start of a storyline.

I think it would be cool if Martha was from the past and so each journey to another world or the future would see her learning more and more about how the universe progresses.

But please, no mothers, boyfriends or any other consistent ties to Earth with Martha :smile:

I really hope they make her different enough to Rose... :unsure:

I'd love to see the return of the Master! Or at least an evil Timelord for the Doctor to battle.

And definetly more adventures not on Earth, people watch Dr Who because they want to see something different, something they can let there imagination run wild with, Earth doesn't cut it, we could watch Eastenders and see teenagers interact with their families and argue about setling down/not liking their boyfriend etc. we don't need it on Dr Who.

the Face of Bo said to the doctor in New Earth that they two of them will meet again - one last time. he also has a secret to give to the doctor.

could the Face of Bo be a timelord?

Have you noticed how the face of Bo looks a bit like William Hartnall, the first Doctor.

Could be something it, after all they used the first 4 Doctors together before, although William hartnall was ill and only appeared as a TV picture leaving Patrick Troughton, Jon Pertwee and Tom Baker to do the running around.